Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 507 of 516 FirstFirst ... 7407457497505506507508509 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,605 of 7726
  1. #7591
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    1,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Do you really think the Seahawks would accept Carr and a mere 1st for Wilson? I doubt it.
    Proly not as i think about it. But thats what it would cost this year. A 1st to boot next?

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk


    IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

  2. #7592
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    1,436
    Quote Originally Posted by raidermike View Post
    Proly not as i think about it. But thats what it would cost this year. A 1st to boot next?

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    I hate playing the money and picks game. Not my area of expertise. Im not a GM. Lets just say i want Russ over Derek. And Really want our Defense picked.

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk


    IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

  3. #7593
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    13,445
    Quote Originally Posted by a60rdie View Post
    Mark can do it! He swindled Vegas out of 750 mil so this should be a piece of cake!

    Have faith!
    Faith can only get you so far. Even the most devout Hebrew had to wait 400 years before Moses showed up to free them from Egypt. If it was just up to faith alone, I'm sure they would have threw off their chains after just 20 seconds of forced servitude.

    Besides, Seattle isn't nearly as desperate to get rid of Russell as Las Vegas was to get an NFL franchise. Vegas has been hoping for a team for over 50 years. Mark probably could have roped in much more than the $750M.

    The simple fact of the matter is the Goff-Stafford trade pretty much set the standard for QB trades this season. Neither of the two are in Russell's class. Nevertheless, two 1st rounders and a 3rd was given up in the exchange of QBs. The Raiders would have to give up more than that to get Russell Wilson. And Russell would have to do something bordering on human atrocity before Seattle let him go for cheap.

  4. #7594
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Faith can only get you so far. Even the most devout Hebrew had to wait 400 years before Moses showed up to free them from Egypt. If it was just up to faith alone, I'm sure they would have threw off their chains after just 20 seconds of forced servitude.

    Besides, Seattle isn't nearly as desperate to get rid of Russell as Las Vegas was to get an NFL franchise. Vegas has been hoping for a team for over 50 years. Mark probably could have roped in much more than the $750M.

    The simple fact of the matter is the Goff-Stafford trade pretty much set the standard for QB trades this season. Neither of the two are in Russell's class. Nevertheless, two 1st rounders and a 3rd was given up in the exchange of QBs. The Raiders would have to give up more than that to get Russell Wilson. And Russell would have to do something bordering on human atrocity before Seattle let him go for cheap.
    From what I understood, the reason Detroit was able to get the amount of compensation that they did was because of Goff's contract. Carr, his friendly contract and two first rounders would be considered much better compensation than what Detroit got for Stafford.

  5. #7595
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    1,436
    I'm curious with the Saints wanting to trade Malcom Brown. Are they the 3 way trade partner for the Raiders? Carr to Saints for Malcom Brown and a Draft pick, Russ to Raiders for Draft picks?

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk


    IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

  6. #7596
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    16,008
    Quote Originally Posted by raidermike View Post
    Proly not as i think about it. But thats what it would cost this year. A 1st to boot next?

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    At least.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  7. #7597
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    15,063
    Darren Waller: "I have all the belief in the world in Derek Carr. ... I think he's a guy that can take us everywhere we want to go"
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

  8. #7598
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Darren Waller: "I have all the belief in the world in Derek Carr. ... I think he's a guy that can take us everywhere we want to go"
    Waller is just being political with that statement or just simply in-group favoritism bias.



    "..And then the Raiders drafted the Knight in Shining Armor Prince Quarterback. Then they went on to win the Super Bowl. All the women in the kingdom cheered and they lived happily ever after...""

  9. #7599
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    16,008
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog2683 View Post
    Waller is just being political with that statement or just simply in-group favoritism bias.
    Carr has been a huge part of Waller's comeback. Why wouldn't he say it? They have a great connection and work extremely well together. We are fortunate that they have this bond. If I were Waller, I would defend him as well. Waller gets better every year and still has not reached his ceiling.

    There are many things Carr still has to work on. Anyone with half a brain can see them. The contrary is true, Carr HAS worked on many things over the years and is getting better. Being in the same system for these last few years is a huge benefit as well. He isn't going anywhere unless Gruden REALLY wants someone else and can get him at a comparatively decent price that will still be somewhat ridiculous. I am content to continue with Carr, but I expect him to be as Chris Simms says: self-evaluating himself constantly and working on those things he is weak at. Same with Gruden who must identify and fix his weaknesses as well. An improved defense will help immensely, goes without saying.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  10. #7600
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,859
    I'm sorry but I don't think Wilson or Watson gets us any more wins.... Improving the defense will. Lets use our sources we have to do just that. Trading away valuable picks will only set us back. If the Hawks want to move Wilson in a even swap then ill take it, Until then they can go F-Off...

    Carroll is the type to just sent Wilson packing, Just to shut him up... Swap for Carr, Rebuild his defense and win a super bowl this year. This will only motivate Pete.

  11. #7601
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Carr has been a huge part of Waller's comeback. Why wouldn't he say it? They have a great connection and work extremely well together. We are fortunate that they have this bond. If I were Waller, I would defend him as well. Waller gets better every year and still has not reached his ceiling.

    There are many things Carr still has to work on. Anyone with half a brain can see them. The contrary is true, Carr HAS worked on many things over the years and is getting better. Being in the same system for these last few years is a huge benefit as well. He isn't going anywhere unless Gruden REALLY wants someone else and can get him at a comparatively decent price that will still be somewhat ridiculous. I am content to continue with Carr, but I expect him to be as Chris Simms says: self-evaluating himself constantly and working on those things he is weak at. Same with Gruden who must identify and fix his weaknesses as well. An improved defense will help immensely, goes without saying.
    Of course. I was just using the previous counters presented in the past anytime anything positive is presented. I recall hearing Shannon Sharpe say in a podcast that the public forget players are also people, friendships and bonds are formed, often those equate to more than raw talent on the field.



    "..And then the Raiders drafted the Knight in Shining Armor Prince Quarterback. Then they went on to win the Super Bowl. All the women in the kingdom cheered and they lived happily ever after...""

  12. #7602
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Darren Waller: "I have all the belief in the world in Derek Carr. ... I think he's a guy that can take us everywhere we want to go"
    TE Darren Waller on expectations "We have to make the playoffs. There's no more excuses. No more justifications. We could be better w/ red zone efficiency. I believe in these guys & this year is going to be special for us.

    Donít we hear this nonsense every year? Three years in a row now with the no more excuses babble. Then at the end of the year itís the defense fault, look at Carrís PFF stats.

  13. #7603
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    15,063
    Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    TE Darren Waller on expectations "We have to make the playoffs. There's no more excuses. No more justifications. We could be better w/ red zone efficiency. I believe in these guys & this year is going to be special for us.

    Donít we hear this nonsense every year? Three years in a row now with the no more excuses babble. Then at the end of the year itís the defense fault, look at Carrís PFF stats.
    It is the defenses fault. When you are ranked 31st in defense it's hard to win many games. I'm actually surprised they won 8 with that defense. We could have very well been a lottery team if it wasn't for the offense
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

  14. #7604
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    2,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Do you really think the Seahawks would accept Carr and a mere 1st for Wilson? I doubt it.
    Most in here believe Carr is worth minimum 2-1st rounders (LOL). So by that logic, Carr and another 1st would be equivalent to 3 first rounders for Wilson. Starter for a starter like the Snake and Pastorini trade, plus Seattle gets a 1st rounder out of it. Offer the low ball and see where it goes...

  15. #7605
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    16,008
    Quote Originally Posted by cykoraider View Post
    Most in here believe Carr is worth minimum 2-1st rounders (LOL). So by that logic, Carr and another 1st would be equivalent to 3 first rounders for Wilson. Starter for a starter like the Snake and Pastorini trade, plus Seattle gets a 1st rounder out of it. Offer the low ball and see where it goes...
    Most in here are not NFL GMs or owners. That is not logic, it is fantasy.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •