Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 239 of 335 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 5018
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    If the Raiders want to not make money and barely sell tickets... Keep Carr.

If the Raiders want to keep building for a SB run... By all means... pass on Carr.

Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    If the Raiders want to make money and sell tickets... Sign Brady.

If the Raiders want to keep building for a SB run... By all means... pass on Brady.
    I donít necessarily agree.

Signing Brady doesnít cease all efforts to build towards a SB. In fact, I view that as a short term investment for a drafted QB to increase a long term return.

Also, Brady would help build a culture.

Itís my opinion that Carr has a max of one more year. Iíd prefer to move on now. So with that considered, Brady at QB puts us in better position going forward. Also, who would interest FA more? Brady or Carr?

One wins. The other......?

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Game View Post
    I said since New England lost we should be in the Tom Brady sweepstakes.

I know he is old and it's a risk...but a better risk than Carr this season. I've seen enough to know he isnt going to be our long term solution.

Draft a QB that can learn. I will tell you Brady doesnt make many mistakes and doesnt miss receivers that are wide open.

We have some weapons on offense and if we somehow land Brady we will have more players joining the Raiders. Instantly in the playoffs with Brady.

Brady can be similar to Rich Gannon and what he brought, and even more in some ways. He wont scramble and run but he can still play at a high level.

I'm on board bringing in Tom Brady.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Denver acquired Payton and the result a superbowl victory, not the same recipe for the Raiders with Brady.

Peyton went to Denver and had a rock solid defense and was asked to not wreck the ship. Gannon inherited and all star roster with hall of famers. Brady would get free tickets to "Blue Man Group".
    Dogdaddy

Id take Brady only costing us cap space. In doing so you give great tutoring for a drafted qb and chsmpionship experience.

At the same time Carr can give us draft pick(s) to build even more for the future. Its a win win

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Good movie.

I was thinking along the lines of a retired old gunslinger comes into town, has to fight through a number of his old demons, all the while the bad gunman with the strange tattoo on his wrist and dark eyes brings the "town" down to such incredible lows that the old gunslinger is forced to come out of retirement. He has a young accomplice and protťgť and together they end up finishing the bad guy off in a dramatic fashion. The old gunslinger places the new kid in charge and retires again with his darling redhaired wife by his side.
    The classic western story arc...or also Known as Brady's second act in LV, BOOM...I said it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by a60rdie View Post
    I know we're all tired of Carr not performing to expectation, but tossing him for a one year rental of a 42 going to be 43 year old when season starts QB past his prime? It won't save us any cap space as Brady will be just as expensive if not more. I just don't see it and it doesn't seem like the best move for the organization. Keeping Carr for one more do or die season with hopefully a decent FA and draft pick up for some serious competition would seem the better route. Could be Kizer or Peterman will push Carr a bit. Not likely, but Peterman was looking decent last year in preseason. Yes it was preseason, but you never know... Hey I'm trying to be optimistic here!

Filling the holes in the roster on both sides of the ball seems the more prudent approach. Getting some LB's that can actually play defense would be nice!

Brady will most likely become an analyst, but maybe wants to be a coach? Got to start somewhere and Vegas as the new QB coach/Offensive Assistant wouldn't be a bad idea!
    This isn't aimed at you per say so please don't take what I'm saying personally. Personally I'm tired of giving a loser QB one more year. I would rather role with a proven winner even if he is close to receiving his social security checks. I want to have hope again and Carr will never give me that feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    Volume 12 looks a little small compared to the other volumes though. Must slowly be running out of them.

Think they'll trade us for Mahomes straight up? One steps up and balls when it matters, the other shrinks when it matters. There's a difference.
    I have no desire to see Carr's shrinkage...just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallejo Raiders View Post
    So you not only want 12 more TDs and 25 more INTs. Sad your not an unbiased poster anymore. You were one of the best a few years ago...
    Why because I want to move on from Carr? If you look back I was a huge Carr supporter going a few rounds with Stork over Carr. But I've seen enough after 6 seasons and know that Carr doesn't have IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    There are lots of things that people want.

There are limited resources of ďgreatĒ quarterbacks that are attainable.

This is where realism sets in.

We arenít picking up a ďgreatĒ QB In FA right?
    I mean thatís pretty much a lock.

We can gamble on a draft pick which essentially never has a great first year, and at a small percent chance has a shot at being great in the future. Iím ok with this

This scenario doesnít require us to go into the next year or two years with Carr.

You see very very few rookies be impactful, especially with a roster full of holes like ours.

You guys act like I or people like me would choose having an average QB over Manning.

Thatís silly. But show me exactly where you get Manning- realistically
    In the draft. If you look at the past few QB drafts there have actually been more hits than misses. Young QB's of today have a lot more resources at their disposal than they did in the past. They come into the league more polished and ready to go IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Jamies Winston?? Hahaha what?? I'm guessing you've never seen him play

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    Why because I disagree with you? You say that to everyone. Apparently your the only one that watches football anymore. That and anyone that agrees with your opinion.

So it's not just us... OUCH!!! LINK

12. Las Vegas Raiders: Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama

Jeudy is the exact type of player the Raiders desperately need to complete their pass-catching corps, but unfortunately heíll go to waste until the team moves on from Derek Carr. The vertical, speed dimension of Jeudy alongside Tyrell Williams and Hunter Renfrow would be a sight to behold, but they need a quarterback who will A) throw the ball down the field and B) throw the ball to wide receivers in order to reach their potential. Oh well, thatís a problem for next yearís Raiders draft.

That's savage.

Itís time to move on from Carr

Rip the athletic tape off quickly. Cut bait with Carr and move on. Some say there isnít anyone better to move on to. I disagree I believe Carr is holding the team back.

But he is a 70/4,000 guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I donít have a problem with people wanting to move on from Carr. Iím just trying to understand what exactly the expectations that some of you have for the next QB. Itís not currently a QB in the NFL that can carry an average roster. We have no idea if Brady can do it because heís never had to do it before. Weíve seen that Rodgers and Brees canít do it, so my guess is if neither of those two canít do it, we will have a hard time finding someone that can play at that level.

I understand Storkís POV, although I donít completely agree with it, itís reasonable. I do not understand what most of the others POV is that want to get rid of Carr.

Not trying to call you two out, but Prox and KRS I donít understand what exactly your expectations are for the QB position, in particular the QB position for the Raiders. What exactly are you looking for in terms of what you would want, thatís realistic? Obviously we all want Peyton Manning, but thatís not realistic.