Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 209 of 329 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 4929
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    If anyone thinks Im defending Carr.. Think again. Just not as big as a fan of Gannon like most.

Simple question... If Gannon played on a Raiders team that gave up 27 plus points, would we be having these discussions?

I want Love in this years draft or Fields next year.
    The Raiders averaged 28+ points a game on offense during that era. No doubt having a porous defense puts a QB at a disadvantage.

But here is the deal. Gannon extended drives and engineered an offensive effort that routinely controlled the clock in critical moments. That helped keep the defenses off the ledge.

How often has Carr had the team in victory formation? How often have the Raiders been forced to rely on their defense in the 4th qtr?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get ya Prox

I get ya Prox
    So whatís up with the screen name of dogdaddy? Do you breed pedigree dogs?

Lol. Got a labradoodle and a Yorkie. The doodle can catch. My wife bought a raiders sweater for him with Coopers number a few years ago. And he started dropping the ball.. I took it off, all is well again. Hmmm

Lol. Got a labradoodle and a Yorkie. The doodle can catch. My wife bought a raiders sweater for him with Coopers number a few years ago. And he started dropping the ball.. I took it off, all is well again. Hmmm
    Thatís awesome. My wife is a veterinarian so I can appreciate your affection for mans best friend. We have three.

You ought to get him a Biletnikoff jersey [emoji12]

While I think Gannon is overvalued, and think Carr has actually performed better than he gets credit for on here... I think the bottom line is that we could use an upgrade at QB. And I feel like whoever we get should be in good hands, as grudens history of getting QBs to outperform their talent level is a positive.

Itís time to move on from Carr

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    While I think Gannon is overvalued, and think Carr has actually performed better than he gets credit for on here... I think the bottom line is that we could use an upgrade at QB. And I feel like whoever we get should be in good hands, as grudens history of getting QBs to outperform their talent level is a positive.
    Yeah-I donít agree with your assessment of Gannon but okay. Gruden does seem to have a better track record with veteran QB reclamation projects so thatís a fair point.

But?...isnít Carr a sixth year veteran? Yes an upgrade is needed.

If the Raiders can sign a mentally tough veteran free agent (Fitzpatrick)?...then Gruden could probably get him to perform. If the Raiders draft a young QB I really do not have a lot of faith in Grudenís ability to develop him.

Joe DeFilipo would have been a great addition to bring back in as a QB coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Yeah-I donít agree with your assessment of Gannon but okay. Gruden does seem to have a better track record with veteran QB reclamation projects so thatís a fair point.

But?...isnít Carr a sixth year veteran? Yes an upgrade is needed.

If the Raiders can sign a mentally tough veteran free agent (Fitzpatrick)?...then Gruden could probably get him to perform. If the Raiders draft a young QB I really do not have a lot of faith in Grudenís ability to develop him.

Joe DeFilipo would have been a great addition to bring back in as a QB coach.

Has gruden drafted/developed very many QBs? I think Simms was the only QB he drafted... he was a third rounder who didnít amount to much. So canít say if he was just a bad pick, or-if he wasnít developed right. I dont really see carr as a vet prior to gruden. Wasnít a rookie, but was still a young player.

I donít think that we can assume that gruden will not be able to draft a QB and make him great. I do think heíll need a little more time to learn, as the system is supposed to be tough. But just by looking at the backups weíve had... seems like gruden wants to develop QBs.

Chris Sims was actually on the up and up as an NFL quarterback. He came in very young but when he finally got a chance to start with Gruden he went 6-4. During that tenth game he got destroyed and actually had to get his Spleen removed from his body lol. Tough to say what he could have been, that is pretty much a career ender.

in other news... i guess the Chargers have officially moved on from Rivers

Broncos lost Manning to retirement, Chargers dump Rivers, Chiefs dumped Smith

Yet here we are holding a guy who does a 5 step drop to stare down a running back as his first read. Easiest QB in the NFL to game plan against.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    Chris Sims was actually on the up and up as an NFL quarterback. He came in very young but when he finally got a chance to start with Gruden he went 6-4. During that tenth game he got destroyed and actually had to get his Spleen removed from his body lol. Tough to say what he could have been, that is pretty much a career ender.
    Didnít remember that. Either way... canít really judge gruden as far as developing young QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Didnít remember that. Either way... canít really judge gruden as far as developing young QBs.
    Why?

-Stork

"Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

I think itís more about Gruden not having the patience to develop a young QB in a starting role. Thatís why you havenít seen him have many, his expectations are extremely high and unrealistic for a young QB, as it appears he has no interest in dumbing things down for any player.

As far as Carr goes I donít think itís his play as a whole that bothers most of the fans. There are times when Carr looks really great and makes you say, ďhmm, maybe this guy can do this.Ē. Then he does something dumb like throw the ball in the dirt on 4th down or through the back of the end zone. No matter how you slice it, thatís indefensible in those situations.

I blame some of it on coaching as if I had a QB do that once he would receive a very stern warning that we donít give up in those situations and if it happens again the backup will be making an appearance. Itís one of the reasons I hated to see Greg Olsen come back, I specifically remember Carr talking about how Olsen told him as a rookie, donít take a sack just check it down or throw it away and it appears as though itís a habit that Carr has been unable to shake with the exception of one season.

Thatís why coaching is important, I never seen Carr do those things in college and Iím sure he didnít do it in HS. When you come into the NFL and your first offensive coordinator and QB coach tell you itís ok to check down all game long and throw the ball away it can have a long and negative impact on your career.
    Last edited by donofdacourts; 01-29-2020 at 09:48 AM.

Enjoy fellas. Our QB. Can't wait to watch him play next year with a better team

https://youtu.be/MWhkLJQ3sXM

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited by chibberaider; 01-29-2020 at 11:33 AM.