Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 207 of 332 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257307 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 4972
    Yikes....

I compared an era 15 years apart... wasnít like I was comparing to the 70ís

Carry on

Dan Marino threw for 4000 yards on his lunch break.!

Itís time to move on from Carr

Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Are some of you seriously arguing Gannon's stellar career? He was pathetic for his first 12 years of his career. He dealt with injuries for sure however he got taken out of the games several times in Minnisota and KC. It took Gannon 12 years before his first 3000 yard season. Gannon had 4 seasons where he threw more INT's than TD's. It was shocking that he made it in the league as long as he did.

Stat wise, you can take Gannon's best 4 years and Carr's worst 4 years and they are identical. I would argue Carr's was better. And don't use the excuse that they didn't throw as many passes back then. During that 4 year span, Gannon averaged more attempts and Carr had a better completion %. Carr had more 20 plus and 40 plus completions than Gannon, which is Carr's biggest knock about getting the ball downfield. LOL Gannon rarely attempted a pass inside the 10-15 yard line.. Just hand it to Wheatley or Crocket. You don't want me to throw out defensive stats during those same 4 year span...... I wonder how many mvp's Brady, Manning, Montana, and Rodgers would have had is their defense gave up 27 plus points a game...

All this is coming from a guy that is fed up with Carr and I am ready to move on. Im not defending Carr, Just putting Gannon in perspective.

So If you are suggesting that we be more patient with Carr.. Im not waiting for season 13 like you all did with Gannon.

If you don't agree with me, you are either too young to remember, or watch too many highlight films.

Hahahahaha... Could you imagine Stork's patients with Gannon in his first 12 seasons.... LOL.!!!!! He would have settled for Pryor.

Gannon is overrated.
    Gannon as a Raider was up there with Stabler.

I could give a rip about how Gannon played prior to being a Raider and the comparison with Carr bares no similarities whatsoever.

The Raiders never drafted Gannon. He was signed as a FA. His development was another teams problem. He came to Oakland and was elite.

Gannon was never soft. Jerry Burns would have had Charmin texting his dad to come pick him up after 20 min of practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Itís time to move on from Carr

Dan Marino threw for 4000 yards on his lunch break.!
    Yeah-against some of the most fearsome pass rushes in NFL history. He earned every one of those yards and has the Monday morning trips to the whirlpool to prove it.

Carrís arm talent is second to none. Strictly arm talent wise, Iíd take it over some of the great QBs of all time. Carr, however, is a ***** and mental midget. He will never be winner and will be a waste of god given talent. Next.

Not sure you understand what Iím saying. Gannon was part of a loaded... I mean loaded roster. Failure was very unlikely.

Lol really... did Gannon magically learn how be a competent qb in year 13? Nooooo. All he had to do is not wreck the vehicle... that roster was brutal. I am not giving Carr props... Iím done with him. I want a qb that is smart and not spineless like Carr.

Gannon got way too much credit. He doesnít make my top 50 raider list.

Not sure you understand what Iím saying. Gannon was part of a loaded... I mean loaded roster. Failure was very unlikely.

Lol really... did Gannon magically learn how be a competent qb in year 13? Nooooo. All he had to do is not wreck the vehicle... that roster was brutal. I am not giving Carr props... Iím done with him. I want a qb that is smart and not spineless like Carr.

Yeah-thatís your prerogative but itís a flawed perspective if you canít acknowledge how well he played as a Raider.

We both agree that Carr may be a nifty passer but he is a weak football player.

Did you watch Gannon during his time here? Rich Gannon improvised a lot of plays. Threw incredible passes, audibled and shifted the team from a bad situation to a good one often. He did it all. That is like saying Kurt Warner was a game manager when he was at his best, Greatest show on turf was only because Falk, Bruce, Holt and company carried him. Come on now. Revisionist history going on here Dog.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Did you watch Gannon during his time here? Rich Gannon improvised a lot of plays. Threw incredible passes, audibled and shifted the team from a bad situation to a good one often. He did it all. That is like saying Kurt Warner was a game manager when he was at his best, Greatest show on turf was only because Falk, Bruce, Holt and company carried him. Come on now. Revisionist history going on here Dog.
    Exactly. You cannot compare 2 QB's 20 years apart.
    BTW......if/when Carr wins, then talk to me. You can't be part of the conversation until you're deemed a winner, and an MVP.

Letís say Carr gets OBJ, Julio Jones, and AJ Green and throw Henry in the backfield with Jacobs.. Oh and we have a top 5 defense... and we win 14 games...

Are you really going to tell me that it was because Carr improved his game??

I know itís hard to read when Gannonís nuts are in your face but just move them to the side and youíll see what Iím saying.

Gannon nor Carr are the type that elevate players around them.. I want to move on from Carr but if we donít, you must surround him with a ton of players to be successful.

Sorry so harsh

Letís say Carr gets OBJ, Julio Jones, and AJ Green and throw Henry in the backfield with Jacobs.. Oh and we have a top 5 defense... and we win 14 games...

Are you really going to tell me that it was because Carr improved his game??

I know itís hard to read when Gannonís nuts are in your face but just move them to the side and youíll see what Iím saying.Gannon nor Carr are the type that elevate players around them.. I want to move on from Carr but if we donít, you must surround him with a ton of players to be successful.

Sorry so harsh
    No need for insults.

Everyone agrees we need talent, but I watched Gannon play, he not only raised his game, he never gave up, he worked hard every day and DID motivate others. If Carr had OBJ, Julio, and Henry, he'd still panic in the pocket, hit the outlet, or toss it out of bounds as well as look over to Gruden for approval after every play. The Shortest Throw on Turf. I don't see why, or what the need for dissing former Raiders is good for. Especially League MVPs and successful Raider Brothers, guys who brought we fans YEARS of satisfaction and enjoyment. Carr's tenure here is unsuccessful and part of it is lack of talent, part of it is coaching and part of it is him.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Gannon played the QB position for the Raiders better than anyone since Stabler.

He as the MVP, All Proís and the respect of his peers to prove it. He would have been a HOF player had he spent his career playing for Gruden in Oakland.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Gannon played the QB position for the Raiders better than anyone since Stabler.

He as the MVP, All Proís and the respect of his peers to prove it. He would have been a HOF player had he spent his career playing for Gruden in Oakland.

Gannon wasn't the greatest QB to ever live, but he fit what we needed at the time. When he went down, he went down swinging. Plunkett too.