Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 244 of 335 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 5020
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Easily take the Raiders weapons over the Pats...
    Wow. So youíd rather have Tyrell Williams over Edelman? Waller (who has never done anything before carr) over sanu? Jacobs over Michel and white? A fifth round WR over a first round WR...

Poor Brady... donít know how he did it with so little to work with, 😂

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Just imagine the improved effort weíd get from the team when they knew their QB wouldnít quit on them and would look for them downfield.

-Stork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LoL Brady can look down field all he wants, but he can't get the ball there.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Game View Post
    And what has done for the Raiders Franchise? A 1st round exit in the playoffs?

Those #s dont mean anything if you cant win. Rivers has put up #s his whole career and what has he done in the playoffs?

You don't have to look much further than Rivers to see what you will get with Carr staying long term.

Gruden better make the pitch of lifetime to land a hall of fame QB and arguably one of the greatest QBs of all time. I hate to say that because I cant stand the Pat's.

He's our best option this season no doubt about it. And if Gronk joins..oh my...that could be nasty. Waller and Williams would have some room to be all pro's.

We still need to shore up our defense att all cost and mainly our Cornerback position and the LB. I bet we could get a 2nd from the chargers for Carr.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    A Hall Of Famer WHO CAN'T THROW DOWN FIELD! Were not getting a 27-year-old Brady, or even a 35-year-old Brady, or even a 40-year-old Brady, were talking about 2020 Brady, who can't throw downfield.

And so what if we bring Gronk in, he can't stay healthy, he's beat the **** up. They're both Hall of Famers two of the very best at their positions, but still they're cooked.

The grass isn't always greener. I mean ****, should we make a pitch to Peyton Manning too?

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    LoL Brady can look down field all he wants, but he can't get the ball there.
    Still an improvement over a quitter who doesnít look. Not worth $30M a year to be sure...but he is an improvement.

-Stork

"Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by Venomveins View Post
    Absolutely.

It reveals that he never watched these QBís play in any capacity. In the biggest moments they came up aces in the clutch time and time again.

Truth.

Carr is a spineless QB that will never win a thing. I look forward to this forum blowing up with tears after we sign Brady. It will be a thing of beauty.

I've watched both Plunkett and Stabler play. I was following the Raiders when Daryl Lamonica was their QB. These QBs who won superbowls were blessed with good defenses. Something that the Raiders haven't had in years due to bad draft picks and bad coaches. Carr is the one who was hit with bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    I've watched both Plunkett and Stabler play. I was following the Raiders when Daryl Lamonica was their QB. These QBs who won superbowls were blessed with good defenses. Something that the Raiders haven't had in years due to bad draft picks and bad coaches. Carr is the one who was hit with bad luck.
    A better QB would have made a difference in the 1980ís not going to disagree with you on that one. The Raiders left Lombardi Trophies on the table because of it.

The 1970ís Raiders were known for high octane offense and Stabler was the triggerman and the difference maker. He was an All Pro and league MVP.

If anything the defense was a liability at times. Pittsburg pounded them with its running game in the playoffs-of course they ran on everyone back then.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Wow. So youíd rather have Tyrell Williams over Edelman? Waller (who has never done anything before carr) over sanu? Jacobs over Michel and white? A fifth round WR over a first round WR...

Poor Brady... donít know how he did it with so little to work with, 😂

Jacobs had more rushing yards than both White/Michel combined. Brady would boost both Jacobs/Richards receiving #ís too. Williams had the same amount of TDís as Edelman, Maybe youíve never seen what Brady can do with a prolific TE but he would really help Waller. Renfrow production would boost as well as heís a younger mold of Edelman. Not to mention our Oline is head and shoulders better than the Pats, give Brady a clean pocket and the time Carr gets and heíll pick defenses apart.

Now add another WR to that combo and yea, Brady would produce much higher than Carr would easily.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Jacobs had more rushing yards than both White/Michel combined. Brady would boost both Jacobs/Richards receiving #ís too. Williams had the same amount of TDís as Edelman, Maybe youíve never seen what Brady can do with a prolific TE but he would really help Waller. Renfrow production would boost as well as heís a younger mold of Edelman. Not to mention our Oline is head and shoulders better than the Pats, give Brady a clean pocket and the time Carr gets and heíll pick defenses apart.

Now add another WR to that combo and yea, Brady would produce much higher than Carr would easily.
    Save Julian Edelman-Carr had better weaponry across the board and one of the games finest offensive lines.

I think Brady could QB that group into a top 10 offense which would mask a lot of defensive liabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Revisit your history.

Randall Cunningham in Philly
    Jeff George in Oakland

Elite physical talent that were all ultimately displaced by journeymen who played better for him.

Rich Gannon being the ultimate example.

I wrote head coach so not Randall or we could include Brett in GB.

98 George I forgot but was he still elite then?

Gannon was taken in the 4th round I wouldnít include him in the elite prospect category he was a grafter he made far more of his talent than others more gifted.

Grudens most gifted highest pick is ?

Quote Originally Posted by pablo2523 View Post
    We will see but i see this as another Carson Palmer situation. Everyone said Carson could play and were glad we got rid of him when it was obvious to see that we didnt surround Carson with much.

He goes to Arizona and was very successful.

Carr has never played with a elite talent around him. You talk about context:

Pockets are clean because he gets rid of the ball at one of the quickest rates in the league.

He gets a high percentage of yac because that is the design of the offense.

Carr has never played with a top 5, 10, 15, or 20 defense.

What QB wins in that situation? None

How many years has Brady's defense been outside the top 15 in his 20 years?

I dont think Carr is the best Qb in the league but if you want to judge him on wins when he has played on one of the worst teams in the league his whole career i think it is a mistake.
    These guys just follow the guy with the ball around the screen your wasting your time giving them context. If a team loses they blame QB if they win they exult him. Neither is correct. Ask Arians and he will tell you Palmer changed his view on the game.

So you all want Brady at least youíve all nailed your names to someone Iím going to enjoy this over next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    These guys just follow the guy with the ball around the screen your wasting your time giving them context. If a team loses they blame QB if they win they exult him. Neither is correct. Ask Arians and he will tell you Palmer changed his view on the game.
    Fully understand the defense, or lack of defense point. I understand and Iím full agreement. We need a better defense. Period.

However, a better defense doesnít change the 6 inches between his ears. Carr lacks mental toughness and grit. He lacks that unshakable desire to win. He lacks the willingness to put it all on the line and go for it.

I am very confident that, even if we were granted a top 5 defense, Carr would then break your heart with his results.

I am in full support of building our defense. Would love a top 5 defense. But I want a different QB under center when we have those other components. Heís shown me enough that heís not the guy that will win us the ultimate prize.

When your QB quits and canít lead the team anywhere, inconceivable choices start to merit consideration.

Desperate times...desperate measures.

Iíd still opt for liquidation and a cheap *** QB alternative.

Play D...run the ball.

-Stork

"Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by BoKnowsRaiders View Post
    Fully understand the defense, or lack of defense point. I understand and Iím full agreement. We need a better defense. Period.

However, a better defense doesnít change the 6 inches between his ears. Carr lacks mental toughness and grit. He lacks that unshakable desire to win. He lacks the willingness to put it all on the line and go for it.

I am very confident that, even if we were granted a top 5 defense, Carr would then break your heart with his results.

I am in full support of building our defense. Would love a top 5 defense. But I want a different QB under center when we have those other components. Heís shown me enough that heís not the guy that will win us the ultimate prize.
    Itís not just D talent, poor special teams no WR quality or depth, no big play makers anywhere. Weíve been winning games with teamwork not talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    Itís not just D talent, poor special teams no WR quality or depth, no big play makers anywhere. Weíve been winning games with teamwork not talent.
    Weíve been winning games?

-Stork

-tippa irie