Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 398 of 423 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399400408 ... LastLast
Results 5,956 to 5,970 of 6337
    Quote Originally Posted by MackAttack88 View Post
    I basically agree with this. I think Gruden is conservative by nature but I think that the lack of a defense has made him even more so. A lot of his play calling is meant to eat up clock and keep the defense off of the field. This is why I always believed that the best weapon the offense could receive was a better defense. I think that with a better defense Gruden would be more willing to take some shots down the field. Hopefully the defense improves enough to make this happen.
    Gruden is conservative and I like his run heavy version of the west coast offense. He was successful in years 1999-2001 because Rich Gannon could improvise with his mobility and he had a great tandem at running back. That said he conservative play calling proved to be a liability in the 2000 AFC championship game allowing the Ravens to employ a spy to contain Gannon because they were not worried about the deep passing game.

James Jett was inactive for that game and Gannon ended up getting injured but had Gruden showed the wherewithal to push the ball downfield once in awhile the Ravens wouldnít have had the freedom to use an extra defensive player to key on Gannon.

Yes-I love the 8 minute scoring drives but I still think Carr needs to be allowed to take a few shots deep especially considering that he doesnít have Gannonís mobility.

Al Davis struggled to adapt his philosophy in his later years but the basic premise that deep balls take big balls still applies...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The better your receivers are, the more aggressive you are," Gruden said via The Athletic. "And the better your line is, the more vertical shots you can call. We think we are better on the line. We think we are better outside. With that being said, we are going to take more shots, I hope.Ē

You look at the film we had him wide open ó wide open ó deep, we didnít go there,Ē Gruden told reporters on Wednesday. ďHe was open a couple times, and for whatever reason, we didnít throw him the ball.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    The better your receivers are, the more aggressive you are," Gruden said via The Athletic. "And the better your line is, the more vertical shots you can call. We think we are better on the line. We think we are better outside. With that being said, we are going to take more shots, I hope.Ē

You look at the film we had him wide open ó wide open ó deep, we didnít go there,Ē Gruden told reporters on Wednesday. ďHe was open a couple times, and for whatever reason, we didnít throw him the ball.Ē
    The Raiders have speed to burn at WR and one of the best OLís in the league so hopefully we see the vertical game utilized.

Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post

When I read this, it makes me wonder what Gruden is stressing in practice and if the messages from the OC, and QB Coach are all consistent. Carr is imminently coachable. Whatever his flaws may be, following instructions isn't one of them. Something else is going on here.

Carr is afraid of getting hit, so he's looking at the rush instead of looking downfield. How many times have you seen him hold the ball in the pocket until the last second in order for the pattern to develop, and then get hit?

You guys are way overthinking this. If Gruden had deep threat receivers, the ball would go down field consistently. Its that simple. We now have Ruggs so expect more shots down field

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Carr is afraid of getting hit, so he's looking at the rush instead of looking downfield. How many times have you seen him hold the ball in the pocket until the last second in order for the pattern to develop, and then get hit?
    Thatís been one of my concerns with him.

I'm hearing 107.5 QBR for Carr today. A good start for a first game with rookie WR and both the starting and back-up RT getting injured in the game. Hopefully, Gruden can dial up some more plays for Edwards and the other receivers next game.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I'm hearing 107.5 QBR for Carr today. A good start for a first game with rookie WR and both the starting and back-up RT getting injured in the game. Hopefully, Gruden can dial up some more plays for Edwards and the other receivers next game.
    Good game. I take this as a Pre season game. Can't see hitting on all cylinders for at least 3 games.' No TO's which is what I like.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    He played ok. He lucked out with a few PI penalties and was trying to force the ball into double coverage on the last attempt. He got the W.

11. 09-13-2020, 08:06 PM
    Reason
    too far guys

12. 09-13-2020, 08:37 PM
    Reason
    too far guys

Quote Originally Posted by autechre View Post
    Dude, stop being such a punk. He passed for 239 yards and 1 td. Pedestrian numbers when you look at statistics from other qbís today
    So now statistics matter? Lol ok

Carr played great. He did everything he was supposed to do. He didn't just play OK. He played smart and that TD to Nelson was a DIME.

22/30 (73%) to 9 different receivers
    239 yards
    1 TD
    107.5 Passer Rating

And he was credited with another 4th quarter comeback win

Where is Mariota btw?

15. 09-13-2020, 09:01 PM
    Reason
    too far guys

16. 09-13-2020, 09:04 PM
    Reason
    too far guys

17. 09-13-2020, 09:08 PM
    Reason
    too far guys

18. 09-13-2020, 09:13 PM
    Reason
    too far guys

19. 09-13-2020, 09:15 PM
    Reason
    too far guys

20. 09-13-2020, 09:16 PM
    Reason
    too far guys

21. 09-13-2020, 09:18 PM
    Reason
    too far guys

Ok guys, lets take it down a notch.

My apologies Hunter. He digs it out of me.

Its all good. it happens. No harm no foul. Just trying to keep the peace.