Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 765 of 783 FirstFirst ... 265665715755763764765766767775 ... LastLast
Results 11,461 to 11,475 of 11741
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    You think his agent will just let him lose 20 million guaranteed like that? Because there is no way Carr is getting more then 20 million guaranteed in FA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Uh. He will get more than 20M guaranteed.
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    Good news for the Carr fans though. I fully anticipate Josh signing Carr to a new record deal, as is the QB trend.

5 years 260m range
    Quote Originally Posted by BoKnowsRaiders View Post
    $52M a year? Was that a typo? He should make more than Mahomes a year?
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    That's the way franchise Qb contracts work. The next one is always the highest. This is not exaggerated much. Every year QB salary record gets broken

Either way, I think we all know that our organization has been dysfunctional. We’ve had plenty of issues. And carr has been a point of stability.

I agree with shreds last statement. Although I felt carr was a little cheesy/entitled, he was still a good leader. Not great… but good.

It’s funny how so many of us will complain about the organizations issues, yet side against the player making the same complaints.

What complaints has Carr made known? All he’s done is announce he has something to say, but won’t. Because he’s classy…or some such nonsense.

Carr is a twat. Mark does not care about winning. They’re all shyte.

-Stork

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Shred this is not the first time you've posted unverified rumors. Don't believe everything you read on the internet is all I have to say.
    Yeah, I'll say this: I'm old enough where I BELIEVE I have a feel for what is / is not nonsense online.

It was John Middlekauff in this instance, but other people have said similar things. And nobody went on the record to refute Middlekauff for this claim: not coaches, not players, not other reporters.

All in an environment where many NFL media types often allude to "dysfunction" within the Raiders, statements that never get fully explained.

IDK how to embed tweets:
    https://twitter.com/JohnMiddlekauff/...10006778675200
    Pre-Gruden Mark Davis used to light up assistant coaches on the flight home after losses. Imagine he’s gonna do some screaming on that jet airplane today

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Either way, I think we all know that our organization has been dysfunctional. We’ve had plenty of issues. And carr has been a point of stability.

I agree with shreds last statement. Although I felt carr was a little cheesy/entitled, he was still a good leader. Not great… but good.

It’s funny how so many of us will complain about the organizations issues, yet side against the player making the same complaints.
    I am not sure you are referring to but many Raider greats, past and present, have alluded to the dystopian Raider culture. Tim Brown, Rich Gannon, Marcus Allen and many others have voiced such opinions that were embraced by the more sensible element of the Raider Nation.

Carr is not a victim of anything.

I wasn’t speaking of past players comments. Just that a few people on here seem to agree that our team has issues. But are condemning carr for implying the same thing.

I’m not sure carr is a victim of anything. But I’m not privy to what happens behind closed doors. So couldn’t really comment honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    What complaints has Carr made known? All he’s done is announce he has something to say, but won’t. Because he’s classy…or some such nonsense.

Carr is a twat. Mark does not care about winning. They’re all shyte.

-Stork
    Implied complaints.

I wasn’t speaking of past players comments. Just that a few people on here seem to agree that our team has issues. But are condemning carr for implying the same thing.

I’m not sure carr is a victim of anything. But I’m not privy to what happens behind closed doors. So couldn’t really comment honestly.
    I guess it may come off as sour grapes to some.

Implied complaints.
    Ahh, implied complaints. Passive aggressive horseshit, in other words.

Folks aren’t rallying to his defense because he’s conducting himself like a child.

Lol, implied complaints. Is that like Army training?

-Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

I believe the dysfunction of the Raiders is more than just implied. There is a lot of smoke and we have heard of several obvious cases of the dysfunction. As mentioned before, Carr is most likely just upset. Understandable, but he got paid well. I am sure he imagined himself being like Big Ben/Steelers and he would retire a Raider. The Raiders have way too many holes, not even a player like Mahomes, Burrow, etc could be able to have consistent success here.
    Last edited by bulldog2683; 01-24-2023 at 06:39 PM.

"..And then the Raiders drafted the Knight in Shining Armor Prince Quarterback. Then they went on to win the Super Bowl. All the women in the kingdom cheered and they lived happily ever after...""

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    You think his agent will just let him lose 20 million guaranteed like that? Because there is no way Carr is getting more then 20 million guaranteed in FA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think he will be on a prove it deal.

He wouldn’t keep the contract he has now even if he stayed with us.

It was written to have this out for LV and he would restructure if he wasn’t out the door.

Yes. I think that he would take less money, keep talent/draft, and then once he performs … he will get more than 20M guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    It's in everyone's best interest to work out a trade.

The Raiders want assets. Carr wants guaranteed $$$. Whatever team is trying to get Carr wants to ensure he goes to their franchise.

The Raiders lose out on a draft pick, the team that wants Carr faces competition and Carr faces uncertainty without a trade.
    I think Carr wants to win more than he wants guaranteed money.

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Ahh, implied complaints. Passive aggressive horseshit, in other words.

Folks aren’t rallying to his defense because he’s conducting himself like a child.

Lol, implied complaints. Is that like Army training?

-Stork
    I wouldn’t say passive aggressive. He’s defending himself from critics while trying to take the high road. Would you rather he actually have details of everything?

And I’m not sure folks aren’t rallying to his defense. I’ve seen plenty of people defend him. I’ve also seen people complain about him. Pretty much the same as always with carr. Sobe love him, some hate him… then a silent majority quietly think he’s just ok.

As far as army training… I’ve never been in the army. I’d guess their training is pretty intense and rough. I know I’ve heard of many people dying during training- so I don’t think comparing anything football with the army is within my abilities.
    Last edited by FarOutIos; 01-25-2023 at 01:08 AM.

The Carr topic reminds me of many things people argue about in life.

The haters seem like the really loud vocal minority.

Most are apathetic.

Some are border line indoctrinated Stan’s.

It’s like a 5/80/15 mix based on my interactions.

The 80 is a mix of he’s passable to he’s good.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    The Carr topic reminds me of many things people argue about in life.

The haters seem like the really loud vocal minority.

Most are apathetic.

Some are border line indoctrinated Stan’s.

It’s like a 5/80/15 mix based on my interactions.

The 80 is a mix of he’s passable to he’s good.
    Not sure if I agree with those exact numbers, but yeah…sounds about right. Life is a bell curve.

-Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie