Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 771 of 771 FirstFirst ... 271671721761769770771
Results 11,551 to 11,561 of 11561
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    It's somewhat off-topic, but "Once a Raider, always a Raider" is an Al Davis quote.

LINK

He believed in taking care of players, even if they left the franchise.
    Not the first time I disagreed with Al. However, in his defense, he was very pre-FA. That’s his NFL…and I’m closer to understanding his mindset in that light.

-Stork

@Shred does your opinion change on that quote based on how the player conducts themselves? Carr seems to be putting out a lot of "i wont even tell you the real story" stuff. Hard for me to buy what hes selling. Maybe its just the social media aspect of today

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    It's somewhat off-topic, but "Once a Raider, always a Raider" is an Al Davis quote.

LINK

He believed in taking care of players, even if they left the franchise.
    Al had exacting standards though. He wanted Raiders scout and former player Mickey Marvin to place a call to his alma matter (University of Tennessee) and discourage the hiring of Lane Kiffin. Marvin went home and prayed and decided not to make the call. Al didn't fire him but prohibited Marvin from scouting at Tennessee for a number of years and treated him like a non person the rest of his time with the Raiders.

He was loyal and demanded loyalty but people paid dearly if he believed they crossed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Al had exacting standards though. He wanted Raiders scout and former player Mickey Marvin to place a call to his alma matter (University of Tennessee) and discourage the hiring of Lane Kiffin. Marvin went home and prayed and decided not to make the call. Al didn't fire him but prohibited Marvin from scouting at Tennessee for a number of years and treated him like a non person the rest of his time with the Raiders.

He was loyal and demanded loyalty but people paid dearly if he believed they crossed him.
    I think Al Davis had the right mindset, but from a different era. We can all agree his last 10 years weren’t his best. But as much as I say that the Raiders have been a losing franchise for a while, I know I cannot question Al Davis at the end since he is Mr. Raider. Unfortunately for Mark, I don’t share the same patience for him.

The more I look into it, the more it seems that the most likely scenario for the QB for 2023 will be Brady, Stidham, or Jimmy G. Just looking back into some of McD’s statements about the QB situation, I get the perception he wants someone he can trust for this upcoming year.
    Last edited by bulldog2683; 01-28-2023 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog2683 View Post
    The more I look into it, the more it seems that the most likely scenario for the QB for 2023 will be Brady, Stidham, or Jimmy G. Just looking back into some of McD’s statements about the QB situation, I get the perception he wants someone he can trust for this upcoming year.
    Rumor has it Brady might be out of the equation, and that we're trading up.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Rumor has it Brady might be out of the equation, and that we're trading up.
    You think McD will really do what he did with the Broncos again? I doubt McD is around after another 6-11 season. I just do not see him risking it unless Mark Davis assured him he gets a couple more years. But that is the trend you see now, teams with rookie contract QBs (besides Mahomes) are in the championship game this weekend. Raiders will need to have a very solid offseason.

"..And then the Raiders drafted the Knight in Shining Armor Prince Quarterback. Then they went on to win the Super Bowl. All the women in the kingdom cheered and they lived happily ever after...""

You think McD will really do what he did with the Broncos again? I doubt McD is around after another 6-11 season. I just do not see him risking it unless Mark Davis assured him he gets a couple more years. But that is the trend you see now, teams with rookie contract QBs (besides Mahomes) are in the championship game this weekend. Raiders will need to have a very solid offseason.
    Not sure of anything. This is the same FO that didn't have confidence in Carr, turned down picks for him, started him anyway, and then benches him 2 games before the end of the season. Just saying with Brady sort of out of the equation, the rumor of trading up for a QB seems to be realistic.

Those are the betting favorites- so not really breaking news. Pretty simple, follow the betting money/odds and you’ll get up to date inside info, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    @Shred does your opinion change on that quote based on how the player conducts themselves? Carr seems to be putting out a lot of "i wont even tell you the real story" stuff. Hard for me to buy what hes selling. Maybe its just the social media aspect of today
    Why is it hard to buy what he’s selling? We know McDaniels comes from the patriots- who have been guilty of cheating in many forms. And we know that mark doesn’t run the most professional/corporate environment. And we know we’ve had issues in the past.

But when the religious family msn who’s been in the center of it all mentions it, we don’t believe him?

I get criticizing aspects of carrs abilities on the field. But what makes you distrust him off the field?

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Why is it hard to buy what he’s selling? We know McDaniels comes from the patriots- who have been guilty of cheating in many forms. And we know that mark doesn’t run the most professional/corporate environment. And we know we’ve had issues in the past.

But when the religious family msn who’s been in the center of it all mentions it, we don’t believe him?

I get criticizing aspects of carrs abilities on the field. But what makes you distrust him off the field?
    There's 3 sides to any story. Yours. mine, and the truth.