Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 717 of 786 FirstFirst ... 217617667707715716717718719727767 ... LastLast
Results 10,741 to 10,755 of 11786
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog2683 View Post
    Carr is playing a premium position that requires excellence to be considered to be somewhat competent in the NFL. When you look across the NFL, you realize that having a "bad" QB like Carr actually is a luxury (or curse). However, Carr has plenty to be at fault. He somehow has a more talented team is doing worse than the previous year. He gained an Adams but lost a Waller and a Renfrow this season due to injuries as mentioned.

Ultimately, Carr is what he is, a top 13-10 QB floor sometimes a shows sparks of a top 5. Many here type essays about his contract and how is limiting the team but I find that to be a view with blinders. I myself have a thin patience with Carr's play at this point. But it is not his fault he is still the Raiders starting QB. You start at the top with Mark Davis. If I went to a restaurant and I told the owner that the chef was horrible and he never fixed it, I am not blaming the chef. It's the owner who is letting me down.
    Carr a top 13-10 QB, Really not bad considering the Raiders are and haven't been for years a top 13-10 team. Seems like getting in the top 20 has been a pipe dream!

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    That's understood. But you have to take in account of who will replace him. There's not much better out there that's available. Should they have signed Brady 2 years ago? Maybe. And frankly, we don't know if that rumor was true.
    Quote Originally Posted by driftmaster View Post
    Carr a top 13-10 QB, Really not bad considering the Raiders are and haven't been for years a top 13-10 team. Seems like getting in the top 20 has been a pipe dream!
    The issue is that Carr is not a top 3 QB. There are fans who expect/lust for the scenario in my signature to occur. Unfortunately, as I have have said numerous times, the Raiders have been horrible at drafting and free agent acquisition. There are at least a couple of metrics beyond the eyeball test that have highlight this incompetency:
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...12-rank-all-32
    https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...ency-2010-2019

The Raiders have been in an awkward predicament. They have been mostly mediocre at best. This has equated to usually drafting in the 10-20 range, but have had top 5 pics in 2014, 2015, and 2019. Pre 2010 included top 5 pics in 2008 and the infamously forgetful pick of 2009.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../rai/draft.htm

Although the draft can be can be summed up as an overglorified lottery, there is definitely a method to the madness that can be observed with teams that more often tend to hit and those who miss as the former links demonstrate. Raiders have had opportunities to draft "high potential" picks but they have not panned out. Ironically, the most successful draft the Raiders have had in probably 20 years (https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-draft-t...125517042.html) was 2014 --with 2019 a close second. Only one of those had a QB drafted.

So do the Raiders focus primarily on drafting or signing free agents. The answer to the Raiders' this question is most likely somewhere in the middle. They should try to get as much draft capital while obtaining free agents at key positions who are going to make impact. Raiders have been atrociously bad at both, albeit with a few significant surprises. Raiders should try to get value at key positions such as QB, LT, DE, WR, and LB whenever they present themselves. As I have said, I have little confidence in the Raiders' ability to do so given the evidence.

"..And then the Raiders drafted the Knight in Shining Armor Prince Quarterback. Then they went on to win the Super Bowl. All the women in the kingdom cheered and they lived happily ever after...""

The issue is that Carr is not a top 3 QB. There are fans who expect/lust for the scenario in my signature to occur. Unfortunately, as I have have said numerous times, the Raiders have been horrible at drafting and free agent acquisition. There are at least a couple of metrics beyond the eyeball test that have highlight this incompetency:
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...12-rank-all-32
    https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...ency-2010-2019

The Raiders have been in an awkward predicament. They have been mostly mediocre at best. This has equated to usually drafting in the 10-20 range, but have had top 5 pics in 2014, 2015, and 2019. Pre 2010 included top 5 pics in 2008 and the infamously forgetful pick of 2009.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../rai/draft.htm

Although the draft can be can be summed up as an overglorified lottery, there is definitely a method to the madness that can be observed with teams that more often tend to hit and those who miss as the former links demonstrate. Raiders have had opportunities to draft "high potential" picks but they have not panned out. Ironically, the most successful draft the Raiders have had in probably 20 years (https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-draft-t...125517042.html) was 2014 --with 2019 a close second. Only one of those had a QB drafted.

So do the Raiders focus primarily on drafting or signing free agents. The answer to the Raiders' this question is most likely somewhere in the middle. They should try to get as much draft capital while obtaining free agents at key positions who are going to make impact. Raiders have been atrociously bad at both, albeit with a few significant surprises. Raiders should try to get value at key positions such as QB, LT, DE, WR, and LB whenever they present themselves. As I have said, I have little confidence in the Raiders' ability to do so given the evidence.
    Thats a lot of words. Use every draft pick on defense and see where the chips fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Thats a lot of words. Use every draft pick on defense and see where the chips fall.

If we lose Jacobs, Id guess a third or fourth rounder would be used on RB.

Id guess we try and keep him though. The only position I could see is using a high draft pick (other then defense) is OL. But I dont think wed draft one in the first round.

I am pretty confident well draft a WR in the later rounds. Can definitely infuse our depth with some youth at WR.
    Last edited by FarOutIos; 12-01-2022 at 03:01 PM.

remember the draft where we got Renfrow - Jacobs and Crosby? Jacobs and Crosby two of the best in the entire NFL.

That was a huge home run for a draft

I mean an elite draft

What does this have to Carr? Oh that's right, Carr is blamed for everything. Including drafting Crosby and overrated Jacobs

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    Good news for the Carr fans though. I fully anticipate Josh signing Carr to a new record deal, as is the QB trend.

5 years 260m range
    Quote Originally Posted by BoKnowsRaiders View Post
    $52M a year? Was that a typo? He should make more than Mahomes a year?
    That's the way franchise Qb contracts work. The next one is always the highest. This is not exaggerated much. Every year QB salary record gets broken

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    What does this have to Carr? Oh that's right, Carr is blamed for everything. Including drafting Crosby and overrated Jacobs

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    blamed for drafting our two best players? i swear you are probably the most dim of all the posters in here over the last 15 years. congrats on that honor

Someone said Jacobs was overrated

Someone is high

Carr still the man though even if all the haters wanna whine about him

Now that the defense is playing halfway competent and Jacobs continues to be a man absolute beast, we may have a shot to claw back into the wildcard.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post

Someone is high

Now that the defense is playing halfway competent and Jacobs continues to be a man absolute beast, we may have a shot to claw back into the wildcard.
    Raider Nation, Let's Ride.

"..And then the Raiders drafted the Knight in Shining Armor Prince Quarterback. Then they went on to win the Super Bowl. All the women in the kingdom cheered and they lived happily ever after...""

Raider Nation, Let's Ride.
    Jumping ship already Russ? [emoji23]

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post

Someone is high

I'll be fine with the Raiders getting 7+ wins, TBH.

This season was over with the 0-3 start. It's just too hard to dig yourself out of that hole, IMO. Further losses to Jacksonville and Indianapolis just made the hole deeper.

To get from 2-7 to 7-10 OR BETTER ... that would be a great accomplishment. I hate to say this, because I feel like I'm just setting myself up for disappointment, but it looks like this team is starting to respond to McDaniels' coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    I'll be fine with the Raiders getting 7+ wins, TBH.

This season was over with the 0-3 start. It's just too hard to dig yourself out of that hole, IMO. Further losses to Jacksonville and Indianapolis just made the hole deeper.

To get from 2-7 to 7-10 OR BETTER ... that would be a great accomplishment. I hate to say this, because I feel like I'm just setting myself up for disappointment, but it looks like this team is starting to respond to McDaniels' coaching.
    Preach

The ****** start
    The crazy losses
    The lay down against Indy

Im already excited to see the change in attitude, and I would be impressed with us getting over 7.

I live on hopes and prayers though so Id like to see a rematch with Cincy

Ill buy tickets and go again!

This time we win

well its good to see the team do a 180 and start playing competent football again. For the purpose of this thread DC is 100% not worth the money.

Jacobs on the other hand is completely worth getting paid unless he is looking for something crazy. With this O-Line , an elite running game and the best WR in the NFL any QB can step in and manage the game for us. Take that 40m and buy some defense and draft well.

well its good to see the team do a 180 and start playing competent football again. For the purpose of this thread DC is 100% not worth the money.

Jacobs on the other hand is completely worth getting paid unless he is looking for something crazy. With this O-Line , an elite running game and the best WR in the NFL any QB can step in and manage the game for us. Take that 40m and buy some defense and draft well.
    I'm not sure with the league as is that anyone will be stupid enough to give Jacobs crazy money, but we could always just tag him for another year, and the cost wouldn't be outrageous. Especially if we can move Waller.