Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Cashman looked good last night. Cannon is a solid pick. So is Jenkins. We are still missing Herndon.
    They have hit on a few guys but yeah, let's hope douglas is a better drafter.
    Polite
    Stewart
    Hansen
    Leggett
    Donahue
    Burris
    Mauldin
    Petty
    Harrison

Of the 16 potential picks, 9 are no longer on the team.

3 are bench players and 4 are starters.
    With Herndon and Jenkins being the best of the bunch.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Polite
    Stewart
    Hansen
    Leggett
    Donahue
    Burris
    Mauldin
    Petty
    Harrison

Of the 16 potential picks, 9 are no longer on the team.

3 are bench players and 4 are starters.
    With Herndon and Jenkins being the best of the bunch.
    That is definitely not a good rate of return. How does that look compared to the rest of the league though?

The Jets problem isn't missing out on a top pick, their biggest problem is their drafting from rounds 3-5. That is where Mike was below average. He had some hits. But he also had some big misses.

Hopefully that will change with Douglas. It needs to if the Jets plan to become a good football team.
    Douglas engineered a trade with the patriots.

Times are changing.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    That is definitely not a good rate of return. How does that look compared to the rest of the league though?

That's the thing

https://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/.../#2926061f7495

I don't think the Jets are that far off from the norm. I would guess that teams with sustained success are much more efficient. That's the reality. If the Jets want to be good for more than a year or two, here or there, you need to be better than the league average.
    That, we have not been. Maybe average depending on year but not above average.

**** off. Where's my title

That's the thing

I don't think the Jets are that far off from the norm. I would guess that teams with sustained success are much more efficient. That's the reality. If the Jets want to be good for more than a year or two, here or there, you need to be better than the league average.
    I fully understand and agree with this, and I want the Jets to become a better than average team set up for sustained success. What drives me nuts is the constant hyperbole about everything about the Jets being so much worse than the rest of the league, when they have actually been mostly mediocre. Unfortunately for the Jets and their drafts, that has been a worse fate.

That's the thing

Cashman is a starter because Mosely is injured.
    So that kind of leaves 3 of the 16.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

How many of us were screaming for DK Metcalf later in the draft? He looks terrific so far. **** Mac!

It's hard to say that the Jets are drafting well, when the past several years they've been drafting at the top of the draft and they've had the opportunity to get and have gotten some really talented players in the first round. However, in spite of those successes, they still haven't improved enough as a team, because they've drafted much worse than average in every other round, often ignoring their biggest needs.

Henry Ruggs III is really insane. He will be a special WR at the next level

Blankenship the kicker for georgia, I'd do a 5th for him 125 straight PATs

We need a WR or two, because these WRs suck balls outside of Crowder.

Anderson is a weakling. He doesn't like to work to get open.

We need some guys who will fight for every catch.

Anderson is a weakling. He doesn't like to work to get open.

We need some guys who will fight for every catch.
    This team needs OL help and WRs.

This team needs OL help and WRs.
    You do know I was agreeing with your post above mine but adding the observation of Anderson's lack of fire?
    I hope you also know that I have been, as everyone in the thread, stating OL, WR, CB, Edge. OL need to be first IMO. Without that, there's no time to get open.

You do know I was agreeing with your post above mine but adding the observation of Anderson's lack of fire?
    I hope you also know that I have been, as everyone in the thread, stating OL, WR, CB, Edge. OL need to be first IMO. Without that, there's no time to get open.
    Dude you have the ****ing Yankees, I root for the Jets and the Mets.

Hopefully Joe D can find some hidden talent in the line and wide outs

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast