Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    LSU/Bama was awesome!
    My lord, there are 4 WRs you could take from that game. Probably 6 OL. Multiple DBs and 2 fantastic RBs.
    And of course 2 QBs.

Do not be shocked if Sam continues to play as he is, if we take a QB. I wouldn't want Tua. He's amazing but he's going to get injured way too much.
    Thatís crazy talk
    Our glaring needs all have a good presence in the draft. If our top pick is not an Edge, LT, or WR, then I give up

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Thatís crazy talk
    Our glaring needs all have a good presence in the draft. If our top pick is not an Edge, LT, or WR, then I give up
    Ha! I would not be shocked at anything the Jets did!!!

I said in the IGT, with a really good edge and 2 good CBs, this D is top of the league. I wouldn't draft a CB that high but Young makes this team different.
    I don't think we will be in a position to pick him. I think we get a good shot at a couple good OL.

**** off. Where's my title

Ha! I would not be shocked at anything the Jets did!!!

I said in the IGT, with a really good edge and 2 good CBs, this D is top of the league. I wouldn't draft a CB that high but Young makes this team different.
    I don't think we will be in a position to pick him. I think we get a good shot at a couple good OL.
    Yeah I think weíre going to get 4-5 wins which should net us a 4-7 pick. We should have a pretty dreadful SOS with the Dolphins, Giants, Redskins, Bengals which might slot us a bit higher

In the top 3 picks, Young and both QBs should be off the board
    Bengals/Dolphins should be going QB
    Redskins may go QB but I can see Chase or a LT to replace Trent Williams. I can see the Falcons with similar goals

Jeudy would land in our lap if weíre #5. If the Giants get in front of us, I can see them going Jeudy. At that point I think Iím looking to trade back. From everything I read; Young, Okudah, Thomas, and Jeudy are the elite prospects...donít know if Iím on board with drafting a CB

Chase Young would be nice and all but aren't we tired of ignoring offense? If we want to really see what Darnold can be, the pick needs to be Andrew Thomas or Jerry Jeudy in round 1. If it's Jeudy, then our round 2 should be OL as well as focusing on OL in free agency. After round 2 and after bolstering the OL through early draft rounds and early in free agency, then focus on CB's and edge rusher.

I think the Jets will pick OT & C with their 1st two picks, and address WR and Guard in the 3rd. I believe they will keep Alex Lewis and Edoga to be their LG and RT respectively.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Chase Young would be nice and all but aren't we tired of ignoring offense? If we want to really see what Darnold can be, the pick needs to be Andrew Thomas or Jerry Jeudy in round 1. If it's Jeudy, then our round 2 should be OL as well as focusing on OL in free agency. After round 2 and after bolstering the OL through early draft rounds and early in free agency, then focus on CB's and edge rusher.
    Talent for OL in the first few rounds is nearly even.
    Yes, there are top prospects but even those after them arent far off.

Look at Edoga. A 3rd round prospect that will be a solid starter.

Edge talent rarely works that way, HUGE dropoff in talent from 1st to 2nd round.
    Chase Young would INSTANTLY make the CBs better because the QB won't have 10 seconds in the pocket to throw the ball.
    If you like Adams now, give him someone like Chase Young up front, sit back and watch the devastation.

Jeudy is sweet though, but even WRs can usually be found any round of the draft upon proper scouting.

I'm high on Young, but I heard the same excitement over Leonard Williams, Jamal Adams, and Quinnen Williams falling into our lap.

Point remains we HAVE to build an offense. Don't care how we do it, but it needs to be done and it starts at the line.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    I'm high on Young, but I heard the same excitement over Leonard Williams, Jamal Adams, and Quinnen Williams falling into our lap.

Point remains we HAVE to build an offense. Don't care how we do it, but it needs to be done and it starts at the line.
    Yes, we have to build an offense, but the pieces we need are readily available via Free Agency and 2nd round of the draft and beyond.

Leonard Williams IMO was miscast in a 3-4 system, we'll see what he is in the giants 4-3.

We'll see what Quinnen is now, as with Leonard being traded, we have thrust him into the spotlight. It hasn't even been a full year and he's showing some capability up front. Looking forward to seeing more from him im the next year or 2.
    Good time to point out the Jets are really good against the run.

We do indeed have an offense to build but it can be crafted by easier means.
    Quality OL are not hard to get via Free Agency or the draft from round 2 down.
    Isn't that what Joe Douglas is known for, his ability to recognize talent top to bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I think the Jets will pick OT & C with their 1st two picks, and address WR and Guard in the 3rd. I believe they will keep Alex Lewis and Edoga to be their LG and RT respectively.
    Approved

I think the Jets could take any player who plays C,G,T, Edge, WR, CB in the first. I think CB is the least likely but I could easily see them taking a WR.

Free agency is going to be huge. My hope is that they address the Oline in FA and get 1 CB. That would make the draft way more flexible, way more fun and much less stressful.

From what I can see,
    CB-there are a number of good CBs under the age of 28.

OL- There are bunch of good OL, including a handful of LTs and Cs. They will be tricky to snag. But all other spots ae fairy flush with possibilities.

Edge- is limited. There is talent but that talent is risky. AKA Fowler.
    WR- There are a few good ones and a bunch of solid ones. I think we get stuck re-signing Anderson and drafting one.

We go into the draft with a high first, second, 2 high thirds. That should address a good deal of our needs. If Douglas trades back, we have even more. Likely another 2nd and 3rd, giving us around 6 picks in the first 100.

As long as Douglas drafts guys after round 1 who can stay on the roster longer than a year or two, it'll seem like a good draft compared to what we've been seeing.

Tua down and out again

That is brutal. Dislocated hip with posterior capsule fracture.

Hopefully he's fully healed and ready to go for the combine and his pro day.

Tua down and out again
    This is not good, I was hoping Tua was a top 3 pick

That is brutal. Dislocated hip with posterior capsule fracture.

Hopefully he's fully healed and ready to go for the combine and his pro day.
    Ouch, thatís awful

Heís a very religious person, I hope he can use his faith to drive his motivation for recovery

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast