Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

NCAA scouting/player thread

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    DK runs deep routes but has no short game.

It works well in Seattle because of Wilson's touch and ability to improvise.

Anyone thinking that DK would be as good on most other teams needs to stop.
    He WILL a good player as he continues to learn to run routes, but playing with Wilson gives him a boost and allows him to do what he does best.

DK still isn't impressing anyone with his short field route running though, if anything he should work out with TO and maximize his ability to box out.

AJ Brown is a modern day Hines Ward but tougher if that's possible.
    Stumbled on this on Twitter

https://twitter.com/lifesyourcup/sta...205213185?s=21

https://twitter.com/lifesyourcup/sta...907525634?s=21

Seems to contradict that theory. It seems if Metcalf is used more often on deep balls then he will reach his full potential like Mike Evans. Big receivers that win in contested situations donít really need to run a full route tree because they donít need too much separation to be successful.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 01-07-2020 at 03:59 PM.

This WR class looks absolutely historic. Watch out for Jalen Reagor from TCU. Heís only 5í11Ē 195 lbs, but heís a physical freak of nature and has amazing ball skills. He reminds me of a more explosive OBJ, but perhaps not quite as much length.

He had a down season this year, but he was excellent as a sophomore. I really believe that there will be a stud WR available in Round 2 because thereís no way all these guys get drafted in the 1st round. Iíd be tremendously disappointed if the Jets canít grab a WR with one of their 1st 3 picks.

Yes as long as they get a WR with one of our 1st three picks I think we should get an impact player.. The more I look into these guys the deeper this draft class gets..

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Stumbled on this on Twitter

https://twitter.com/lifesyourcup/sta...205213185?s=21

https://twitter.com/lifesyourcup/sta...907525634?s=21

Seems to contradict that theory. It seems if Metcalf is used more often on deep balls then he will reach his full potential like Mike Evans. Big receivers that win in contested situations donít really need to run a full route tree because they donít need too much separation to be successful.
    A curl is the very first pattern everyone who catches a football learns.
    Run out, then come back to ball.
    Every WR in the NFL runs the curl.
    You can't make the NFL, you can't make the practice squad if you can't run a curl.
    It just helps to be physically imposing and a deep threat.

I wish those stats showed the depth of throws to give a better understanding of the routes ran.
    There are short curls, intermediate curls and deep curls..
    Same for slants, outs, crosses, option routes and so forth.
    So just because it says go route, that doesn't mean the only deep routes.

We will see what he is come next year once there is tape on him, if he can keep it up then he's in for a solid career.

I'm more interested in players we can actually acquire than players we never had a realistic chance at.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuckFaston View Post
    Yes as long as they get a WR with one of our 1st three picks I think we should get an impact player.. The more I look into these guys the deeper this draft class gets..
    Joe D has already shown he has interest at WR, when he signed Demarius Thomas.
    The FA WR class is not a strong one, with Robbie potentially being among the best available.

It seems like a good bet that WR will be an early pick.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    A curl is the very first pattern everyone who catches a football learns.
    Run out, then come back to ball.
    Every WR in the NFL runs the curl.
    You can't make the NFL, you can't make the practice squad if you can't run a curl.
    It just helps to be physically imposing and a deep threat.

I wish those stats showed the depth of throws to give a better understanding of the routes ran.
    There are short curls, intermediate curls and deep curls..
    Same for slants, outs, crosses, option routes and so forth.
    So just because it says go route, that doesn't mean the only deep routes.

We will see what he is come next year once there is tape on him, if he can keep it up then he's in for a solid career.

I'm more interested in players we can actually acquire than players we never had a realistic chance at.
    Iíd assume mostly intermediate on the curls. Go routes are always down the field so the tweet was just stating that Metcalf isnít running a bunch of deep routes every play. Heís doing damage on NFL-type plays when he was criticized for not running a full route tree in college. But yes, Iíd also prefer to talk about players we can actually acquire.

Just went two different directions with the first pick in two mocks I did. In both mocks the top three OTs were already off the board. I think I prefer the second one for the Jets.

11: R1P11
    WR JERRY JEUDY
    ALABAMA
    48: R2P16
    OT PRINCE TEGA WANOGHO
    AUBURN
    68: R3P4
    CB A.J. TERRELL
    CLEMSON
    79: R3P15
    OG TREY SMITH
    TENNESSEE
    117: R4P14
    EDGE BRADLEE ANAE
    UTAH
    158: R5P12
    RB AJ DILLON
    BOSTON COLLEGE
    191: R6P12
    C NICK HARRIS
    WASHINGTON

11: R1P11
    LB ISAIAH SIMMONS
    CLEMSON
    48: R2P16
    OT MEKHI BECTON
    LOUISVILLE
    68: R3P4
    CB PAULSON ADEBO
    STANFORD
    79: R3P15
    RB D'ANDRE SWIFT
    GEORGIA
    117: R4P14
    WR TYLER JOHNSON
    MINNESOTA
    158: R5P12
    OT TERRANCE STEELE
    TEXAS TECH
    191: R6P12
    C NICK HARRIS
    WASHINGTON

it's interesting that you got center Nick Harris on both drafts with the 191st pick. Sounds good to me. I saw him go earlier in a couple of mock drafts. I think I'd also prefer the 2nd one, but it all really depends on free agency and its a long ways off.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Simmons is a nasty player.
    Chaisson looked good except a few plays where he lost discipline

And my lord, Stingley is going to be a top 5 pick next year. He's the most complete CB I've seen in college in a long, long time and he's a friggin freshmen

**** off. Where's my title

During my review of East practice, I mentioned New York Jets general manager Joe Douglas is in attendance this week. The fact is this Ė Shrine practices are crawling with Jets scouts and front office people. Besides Douglas, Phil Savage is on hand, and I counted almost a dozen Jet scouts today.

That should come as good news if youíre a fan of the green and white.
    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/l...f-shrine-game/

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Tony Pauline
    @TonyPauline
    Calvin Throckmorton/Oregon showing even more versatility. After lining up at guard yesterday he moved further inside and is playing center today.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Good stuff Clay.
    Thanks.

It's nice to hear the scouts are out in abundance.

This is what Joe D is know for.

Gonna be an active off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Good stuff Clay.
    Thanks.

It's nice to hear the scouts are out in abundance.
    Throckmorton on the inside is quite interesting for his versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Throckmorton on the inside is quite interesting for his versatility.
    What round? 3rd? 4rth? I know he's on the climb but I haven't seen anyone ranking him even as a top 10 OL.

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast