Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

NCAA scouting/player thread

Yes it's early but after watching Jalen Hurts run for 99 yards on the first drive and realizing there was nowhere to put it, so wtf?

Here it is. Let's get scouting.

OK's entire line is insane.

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Yes it's early but after watching Jalen Hurts run for 99 yards on the first drive and realizing there was nowhere to put it, so wtf?

Here it is. Let's get scouting.

OK's entire line is insane.
    Haha I was thinking of starting another way too early Draft thread

WR or LT
    With Qs career in question and I do not believe the Jets retain Robbie, well be in the market for receiving weapons for Sam

My list would be

1-LT, CB, WR
    2-LT, CB, WR
    3-OL, CB, WR
    4-OL, CB, WR
    5-OL,CB, WR
    6-OL,CB, WR
    7 OL,CB,WR

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    My list would be

1-LT, CB, WR
    2-LT, CB, WR
    3-OL, CB, WR
    4-OL, CB, WR
    5-OL,CB, WR
    6-OL,CB, WR
    7 OL,CB,WR
    Hopefully, management also drafts OL, since Douglas was an OL an knows the value of the position, but don't be surprised if they draft a pass rusher. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Hopefully, management also drafts OL, since Douglas was an OL an knows the value of the position, but don't be surprised if they draft a pass rusher. LOL.
    If that is the best available player with the first pick they have, then they should draft a pass rusher. The Jets need talent first and foremost. Too much mediocrity and not enough depth.

The Jets rarely have players at any position considered in the upper echelon of what they do. Mangold and Revis were in that conversation at times for the Jets, but they don't often have guys like that. They need game changers at any position.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post

I listed LT or OL every round!

I would be ok with edge but I think that with Williamson back, he and mosely will create a ton of pressure up the middle and the OLBs will get some free looks.
    People are sleeping on Jenkins. He had 7 last year. I think if Williamson was healthy, he'd be a lock for double digits. He still could get there.
    In short, while we won't have a single dominant PR, I think the group can be mean.

There is a fairly impressive list of FAs next year. It is all dependent on that but I think we are in more need of a CB, OT and WR than an Edge. But as Wiley said, if we have a high pick and there is a stud there, take him

Edgerusher 1st as they are the hardest to get.

Then OL and WR best avail.

Andrew Thomas from Georgia OT

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Andrew Thomas from Georgia OT
    Assuming we have a top pick, after we go 0-6, I think well finish 6-10 which might not be enough for AT, depends who is in front and their needs, but we could miss by 2 picks or so
    Last edited by Larry M; 09-17-2019 at 07:54 AM.

I cant believe the Steelers gave up a #1 for Minkah Fitzpatrick...this could be a top 10 or top 5 pick
    The way it goes being a Jet fan, Dolphins are going to be the next dynasty once Brady retires

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Assuming we have a top pick, after we go 0-6, I think well finish 6-10 which might not be enough for AT, depends who is in front and their needs, but we could miss by 2 picks or so
    Fully expect to win some meaningless games and miss out on the elite prospects at positions of need. But it's ok cuz of the "building a winning culture" BS

The Jets problem isn't missing out on a top pick, their biggest problem is their drafting from rounds 3-5. That is where Mike was below average. He had some hits. But he also had some big misses.

Hopefully that will change with Douglas. It needs to if the Jets plan to become a good football team.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Fully expect to win some meaningless games and miss out on the elite prospects at positions of need. But it's ok cuz of the "building a winning culture" BS
    I get why people are frustrated by that concept but do really think guys like Adams, Bell, Mosely are just going to lay down?
    Guys want to win.
    That mentality is innate in some and is learned by others. If you worked in an environment where you lost a couple deals or jobs or clients, would you just say **** it, we will wait till next year? Would you want to work with people who did that?
    The way you build a winning culture is by building the desire to fight when things suck. It's easy to roll over. it's hard to fight.
    I loved watching Bell and Adams. They played every down like it mattered. If you have a team of guys like that, good things will start to happen and you will attract guys to be a part of it.

You want to hold out the starters after the midway point? They will have something to say about that. But that's the only way you can do it. Then you can evaluate other guys to see who wants to win and who just wants a paycheck.

But you don't lay down and die. Maybe you do. I don't. And I don't want to watch a team do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    The Jets problem isn't missing out on a top pick, their biggest problem is their drafting from rounds 3-5. That is where Mike was below average. He had some hits. But he also had some big misses.

Hopefully that will change with Douglas. It needs to if the Jets plan to become a good football team.
    Cashman looked good last night. Cannon is a solid pick. So is Jenkins. We are still missing Herndon.
    They have hit on a few guys but yeah, let's hope douglas is a better drafter.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast