Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuckFaston View Post
    Pretty much all the analysts on ESPN today from the combine have been echoing what Iíve been saying all along.. That this is one of the deepest WR classes in recent memory and that it will produce a lot of high end talent at that position..

McShay has 20 receivers that he has a top 3 round grade on. I really hope we use either pick 48 or pick 68 on a WR and solidify the O line in round 1. I donít see much separation between Jeudy/Lamb and the rest of them to warrant not waiting it out..
    You didn't mention that this is one of the deepest OL classes in recent memory as well.
    Not much talent difference after Thomas, Wills and Becton through the end of round 3.
    All 3 expected to be gone by #11.

Then you look at value of talent Jeudy & Lamb > Wirfs and other OL by far.
    Last edited by MrX27; 02-26-2020 at 05:05 PM.

Two questions for the forum. First, if Andrew Thomas and Mekhi Becton are both available at #11, who would you rather see the Jets take?

Second, given the what appears to be conflicting info out there, can anyone confirm if the Jets have on or two 6th round picks?

NCAA scouting/player thread

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Two questions for the forum. First, if Andrew Thomas and Mekhi Becton are both available at #11, who would you rather see the Jets take?

Second, given the what appears to be conflicting info out there, can anyone confirm if the Jets have on or two 6th round picks?
    Andrew Thomas without hesitation. I just canít see him falling out of the Top 10. He checks all the boxes.

Here is how the top OL measure up in this draft:

Last edited by YoungStuna; 02-26-2020 at 06:45 PM.

There is next to no chance both are available.
    There is a very slim chance 1 of them makes it to #11.
    There is a very good chance both are going top 10.

If your question is who is the better of the 2, then Thomas is more developed right now, but Becton can be better overall once he develops completely.

Its highly unlikely Becton, Thomas and Wills make it past #10, as all 3 are seen as premier OTs.

Wirfs is simply not worth #11.
    You don't overdraft an OLman just to get 1.
    There is day 2 talent that may be just as good, or at least better at better pass blocking, though his run blocking is good.

Jets have met with:
    Becton, Hennessy, Lamb, Reagor & Jeudy so far.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I hope the Jets invest time looking at the top collegiate kickers as well.

No way we return with Fickens, right?
    I mean, there's no way, right?
    *sigh*
    I hope Fickens isn't a Gase guy.

Jets met with WIlls also.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Jets have met with:
    Becton, Hennessy, Lamb, Reagor & Jeudy so far.
    Nice.

Lamb with 11 bench reps today, not bad. Heís stronger than his frame indicates and the tape suggests this as well.

Reagor with 17 bench reps, not surprising.

Higgins, Jeudy, and Ruggs did not participate.

Bench doesnít mean much for WRs, but is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Nice.

Lamb with 11 bench reps today, not bad. Heís stronger than his frame indicates and the tape suggests this as well.

He's every bit as strong as his frame indicates..
    You underestimated him.

Opposing DBs know better to do that.
    Last edited by MrX27; 02-26-2020 at 11:09 PM.

My goodness there are beastly-sized OL in this draft.

Size doesn't determine play, but wow, as a whole these guys are bigger than the norm of bigs.

I don't think much of the 40 yd dash for OL, but I'm looking forward to some of these man mountains chugging down the lane of glory.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    He's every bit as strong as his frame indicates..
    You underestimated him.

Opposing DBs know better to do that.
    Nah I knew he was strong because he was around 170 when he got to Oklahoma. Heís put a ton of work in and it shows.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Nice.

Jeudy only benches 140

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Holy crap. Quintez Cephus out of Wisconsin with 23 reps. Antonio Gandy-Golden out of Liberty with 22

I would draft either for their name alone.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Becton

8 picks two in the 3rd and two in the 6th

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Holy crap. Quintez Cephus out of Wisconsin with 23 reps. Antonio Gandy-Golden out of Liberty with 22

I would draft either for their name alone.
    Cephus has had some run in with the law for sexual assault, innocent. But red flag.

AGG is definitely a sleeper.

Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast