• NOP

10 55.56%
  • POR

6 33.33%
  • GMs here

2 11.11%

PSD's Mock Offseason RD3: NOP @ POR

THIS IS NOT REAL

This is the culmination of a group of users on PSD playing out an entire NBA offseason. Please look at each team and determine who would win in a SEVEN game series. DO NOT VOTE ON TEAM FANDOM LINES. Only vote on which team would win the series. GMs are likely not even fans of that franchise and have just been playing for fun.

Votes are only legal from vouched users or users with 100+ posts

NOP
    PG: Malcolm Brogdon (28) - Fred VanVleet (20) - Isaiah Thomas
    SG: Eric Gordon (34) - Justise Winslow (8) - Malcolm Brogdon (6) - Tyler Johnson
    SF: LeBron James (35) - Justise Winslow (13) - Derrick Jones Jr.
    PF: Aaron Gordon (35) - Draymond Green (8) - LeBron James (5)
    C: Draymond Green (28) - Bam Adebayo (20) - Boban Marjanovic

@

POR
    PG: Jamal Murray | Anfernee Simmons
    SG: C.J. McCollum | Nick Stauskus | Gary Trent Jr
    SF: Kawhi Leonard | Evan Turner
    PF: Pascal Siakam | Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
    C: Wendell Carter Jr. | JaVale McGee | Skal Labissiere
    Rand University

Rocky Top youíll always be
    Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

Kudos to NOP for losing Kawhi in FA and then beating him in the playoffs.
    POOP

Man this is really close for me Iíd actually like to see some debate. NOP has the edge on depth but Portland matches up well and has better top end talent.

I'm going with the Pelicans by a hair.
    Kawhi is probably better than LeBron at this point, but I'd still say in the playoffs they roughly cancel each other out. I like how LeBron, Gordon and Draymond can all switch between every front court position. Brogdon is a great defender to throw at McCollum or Murray, and Gordon is also a nice microwave scorer.

Little point in doing a full write-up since I'm down by so much at this point, but it's bizarre to me everybody loves a quintessentially LeBron team in makeup that has a dearth of starting 3-pt shooters. Brogdon is not a creating PG, so we all know it's running through LeBron. But I'm going to let Gordon and Dray get their 3's all day as both are career 32% 3pt shooters. I also doubt a team is putting LeBron on Kawhi all game, and Aaron Gordon certainly isn't guarding Kawhi, so does Dray drop from C to guarding Kawhi?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Little point in doing a full write-up since I'm down by so much at this point, but it's bizarre to me everybody loves a quintessentially LeBron team in makeup that has a dearth of starting 3-pt shooters. Brogdon is not a creating PG, so we all know it's running through LeBron. But I'm going to let Gordon and Dray get their 3's all day as both are career 32% 3pt shooters. I also doubt a team is putting LeBron on Kawhi all game, and Aaron Gordon certainly isn't guarding Kawhi, so does Dray drop from C to guarding Kawhi?
    Aaron Gordon, Winslow, and LeBron will all see time on Kawhi. Aaron will start on him, and he was the primary defender for Orlando against him as well. Kawhi will get his but having those 3 players rotate on to him and with Draymond in the paint, should at least be able to slow him down.

As far as the offensive critiques, I don't see the issue. LeBron obviously is the main creator but my entire 8 man rotation is comfortable having the ball in their hands and making things happen (unless you want to knock Bam, but I am a Heat homer and he has shown flashes as a creator so let me have this!). There also isn't an issue with spacing. Gordon, Brogdon, Winslow, LeBron, and FVV are all good 3 point shooters. This offense is versatile and with LeBron leading the way it will be very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    Kudos to NOP for losing Kawhi in FA and then beating him in the playoffs.
    If this goes the way the votes have shown so far, revenge will be quite sweet. Kawhi didn't want to sign with a team with the talent on my roster, and then loses to me in the playoffs

The depth in this series I think is what tips it fully in my favor though. We all just saw what Fred VanVleet can do in the playoffs, and Bam and Justise are legit contributors who fill their roles quite nicely on this roster. The Blazers, understandably so, are top heavy after clearing space for free agency. But that left their bench to be terrible. I wouldn't want a single one of his bench players to get minutes in a conference finals series.

Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    Aaron Gordon, Winslow, and LeBron will all see time on Kawhi. Aaron will start on him, and he was the primary defender for Orlando against him as well. Kawhi will get his but having those 3 players rotate on to him and with Draymond in the paint, should at least be able to slow him down.

As far as the offensive critiques, I don't see the issue. LeBron obviously is the main creator but my entire 8 man rotation is comfortable having the ball in their hands and making things happen (unless you want to knock Bam, but I am a Heat homer and he has shown flashes as a creator so let me have this!). There also isn't an issue with spacing. Gordon, Brogdon, Winslow, LeBron, and FVV are all good 3 point shooters. This offense is versatile and with LeBron leading the way it will be very effective.

If this goes the way the votes have shown so far, revenge will be quite sweet. Kawhi didn't want to sign with a team with the talent on my roster, and then loses to me in the playoffs
    Like I said, the lead is insurmountable at this point so there's no point in doing an actual write-up.

Unfortunate this went up at noon on a Saturday. I was unable to put up a better argument during the weekend as I was unable to log-on.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Like I said, the lead is insurmountable at this point so there's no point in doing an actual write-up.

Unfortunate this went up at noon on a Saturday. I was unable to put up a better argument during the weekend as I was unable to log-on.
    Sorry man, I had no idea you couldnt log on, I wish you had told me! I would have waited
    Rand University

Rocky Top youíll always be
    Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee