Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who Wins?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • UTA

    5 31.25%
  • OKC

    9 56.25%
  • GMs here

    2 12.50%
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Norf of da Wall
    Posts
    28,258

    PSD's Mock Offseason RD3: UTA @ OKC

    THIS IS NOT REAL

    This is the culmination of a group of users on PSD playing out an entire NBA offseason. Please look at each team and determine who would win in a SEVEN game series. DO NOT VOTE ON TEAM FANDOM LINES. Only vote on which team would win the series. GMs are likely not even fans of that franchise and have just been playing for fun.

    Votes are only legal from vouched users or users with 100+ posts


    UTAH
    PG: Donovan Mitchell(38)/Tomas Satoransky(26)/Emmanual Modiay(0)
    SG: Klay Thompson(38)/Royce O地eale(7)/Garrett Temple(some)
    SF: Joe Ingles(38)/Royce O地eale(5)/Garrett Temple(some)
    PF: Derrick Favors(20)/Marvin Williams(20)/Ersan Ilyasova(depends on matchup)
    C: Rudy Gobert(38)/Derrick Favors(10)Epke Udoh(0)

    @

    OKC
    1: Kyrie Irving (36) - Norm Powell (6) - Brad Beal (6)
    2: Brad Beal (32) - Justin Holiday (8) - Norm Powell (8)
    3: Paul George (30) - Doug McDermott (12) - Norm Powell (6) - Denzel Valentine (0)
    4: PJ Tucker (20) - Paul George (10) - JaMychal Green (18) - Jared Dudley (Depends on matchup)
    5: Marc Gasol (34) - PJ Tucker (14) - Thon Maker (depends on matchup)
    Rand University



    Rocky Top you値l always be
    Home sweet home to me
    Good ol Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    51,788
    Utah pretty easily

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    6,258
    You ****ers always do this. When there's a clear favorite everyone gets jealous and finds fake holes as a way to prop up their own teams. I'm not blameless here either, but the Thunder are the best team. That would be true even if Klay was fully healthy, and he isn't. Who's creating shots for Utah with Paul George locking up Mitchell (who isn't a point guard, by the way)? I get that this Thunder team isn't structurally perfect, but I have no clue how Utah is winning this right now and my honest assumption is that it's GMs who either don't like TO or want his team out so they won't have to face him.
    POOP

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Norf of da Wall
    Posts
    28,258
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Utah pretty easily
    How?

    I love Ingles, but you really wanna tell me he's going to stop Paul George all game? because that's total crap.
    Rand University



    Rocky Top you値l always be
    Home sweet home to me
    Good ol Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    You ****ers always do this. When there's a clear favorite everyone gets jealous and finds fake holes as a way to prop up their own teams. I'm not blameless here either, but the Thunder are the best team. That would be true even if Klay was fully healthy, and he isn't. Who's creating shots for Utah with Paul George locking up Mitchell (who isn't a point guard, by the way)? I get that this Thunder team isn't structurally perfect, but I have no clue how Utah is winning this right now and my honest assumption is that it's GMs who either don't like TO or want his team out so they won't have to face him.
    Utah's lack of creators is completely overstated. Sato is a damn good playmaker, and Ingles and even Mitchell are quality playmakers as well. Even from an overall team standpoint, the Jazz have zero black holes that will kill possessions. OKC built their team around two guys who completely shrank in the playoffs. PG more on defense than offense, and Kyrie from literally every aspect. Raw talent doesn't always win out, and I think Utah's spacing and defensive flexibility give them the ever so slight advantage.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Norf of da Wall
    Posts
    28,258
    Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    Utah's lack of creators is completely overstated. Sato is a damn good playmaker, and Ingles and even Mitchell are quality playmakers as well. Even from an overall team standpoint, the Jazz have zero black holes that will kill possessions. OKC built their team around two guys who completely shrank in the playoffs. PG more on defense than offense, and Kyrie from literally every aspect. Raw talent doesn't always win out, and I think Utah's spacing and defensive flexibility give them the ever so slight advantage.
    Are you really going to make me defend Kyrie?
    Rand University



    Rocky Top you値l always be
    Home sweet home to me
    Good ol Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,847
    Lets hear it

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Super. View Post
    How?

    I love Ingles, but you really wanna tell me he's going to stop Paul George all game? because that's total crap.
    Evidently you didn't see when they actually played each other and Playoff P literally **** his pants especially in the closeout game. PG is one of the most overrated players in the NBA.


    Rippin' lips son!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,268
    Oklahoma City has the superior star power and spacing, plus Tucker and George to lock people down.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Norf of da Wall
    Posts
    28,258
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Evidently you didn't see when they actually played each other and Playoff P literally **** his pants especially in the closeout game. PG is one of the most overrated players in the NBA.
    Man I love homers
    Rand University



    Rocky Top you値l always be
    Home sweet home to me
    Good ol Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Super. View Post
    Man I love homers
    Well it's fact so it's not homerism. I can tell you're just super butthurt you lost last round.


    Rippin' lips son!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,770
    This notion that PG would torch Ingles isn't based on fact. When they went head to head for a series PG had some good/great games and some absolutely terrible games where it was obvious Ingles was in his head. Especially the closeout game where PG went 2-16 and 0-6 from 3 with 6 TOs. So PG isn't gonna be any better than he would be getting guarded by anyone else. Ingles is a very smart defender with length so he would do just as good as anyone else guarding PG. But hey, he's white and plays in Utah so he's gotta be garbage right?


    Rippin' lips son!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Norf of da Wall
    Posts
    28,258
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Well it's fact so it's not homerism. I can tell you're just super butthurt you lost last round.
    Super butthurt? Lul

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Rand University



    Rocky Top you値l always be
    Home sweet home to me
    Good ol Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Super. View Post
    Man I love homers
    tbf, Ingles did indeed whoop PG's *** when they met in the playoffs


    https://stats.nba.com/player/202331/...ort=POSS&dir=1

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    tbf, Ingles did indeed whoop PG's *** when they met in the playoffs


    https://stats.nba.com/player/202331/...ort=POSS&dir=1
    Please Super continue to tell me about how I'm a homer because facts back me up. I'll anxiously await your next one sentence response with absolutely no substance.


    Rippin' lips son!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •