Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1
    Having massive difficulty understanding the lack of blitzes. It seems like we haven't blitzed in 2 games
    Last edited by zoomin; 09-16-2019 at 01:32 AM.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    97,878
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Having massive difficulty understanding the lack of blitzes. It seems like we haven't blitzed in 2 games. Really weird.
    fangio doesn't blitz. He generates pressure from his front 4...but he rarely relies on blitzes for pressure. Never has..and never will.

    Everything about Fangio is the exact opposite of Wade Phillips.

    Not saying that is a bad/good thing....but **** man...do I miss me some Wade Phillips type blitzing.

    Fangio's theory/foundation is logically sound....but it requires time, patience, and the right players for it. He's definitely a "you have to fit in my scheme" kind of guy instead of a "we'll create a scheme for you" kind of guy.

    Take that for what you will...but bottom line...this hyped up pass rush that was suppose to wreck havoc...is non-existent and it's killing us...cause we were completely banking on that.

    You can only go with the "they are getting the ball out fast, double teaming...etc' for so long...I'll just leave it at that.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    97,878
    Heart snatcher. Basically it. No one really expected us to score that much on the Bears...game was wonky as hell. Calls were ridiculous overall...while I'm astonished they could leave a ****in second left...that 4th and 15 brings up grave memories of last year against Mahomes at home.

    You. Simply. Can't. ****in. Give. That. Up.




    Can say though...Flacco is alright with me folks....but the team is going through this transitioning process of figuring each other out...unfortunately, it doesn't seem like they'll have enough time to figure it out before they are deemed out of contention of competing for a WC spot.

    It's a brutal schedule. Our systems requires time. We simply don't have the talent to straight up win games while playing sloppy/learning on the fly.

    Rookie HC. Rookie OC. Rookie DC. QB in a new system.....defense in a new system.

    And with so many players in a contract year....it's hard to believe they have the mental fortitude to withstand these type of games and continue to grind it out...to "trust the process" without looking for their future instead of the Broncos post-season push. Guys will lose heart/intensity.


    Folks, I've said it many times before and will continue to say it. I'm not a fan of tanking. I can't handle jumping ship on a season that barely started. There is a time and place for roster building and it's not during the ****in season.

    We're making history in all the wrong ways.

    We'll see how it goes

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    22,724
    I will say that the first two weeks haven't been on Flacco at all.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    18,685
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I will say that the first two weeks haven't been on Flacco at all.
    Hard to not put some blame on him. Offense can't score and he threw a bad pick at the 5 yard line yesterday.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    22,724
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Hard to not put some blame on him. Offense can't score and he threw a bad pick at the 5 yard line yesterday.
    hasn't been perfect for sure, but his online and receivers haven't helped him out too much and it seems that every time we get past the 50 yards someone of the offensive line makes a bad penalty.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    18,685
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    hasn't been perfect for sure, but his online and receivers haven't helped him out too much and it seems that every time we get past the 50 yards someone of the offensive line makes a bad penalty.
    The part about the receivers is simply not true. Sutton had TWO difficult 4th down conversions against the Bears. Sanders made an amazing TD catch. If Flacco doesn't throw a pick on the 5 yard line, we get at least a field goal and we don't lose the game on a last second kick.

    I get what you're saying about Flacco... He's been alright, but he definitely deserves some blame when he's the leader of the offense and they're averaging 16 ppg.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,942
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    The part about the receivers is simply not true. Sutton had TWO difficult 4th down conversions against the Bears. Sanders made an amazing TD catch. If Flacco doesn't throw a pick on the 5 yard line, we get at least a field goal and we don't lose the game on a last second kick.

    I get what you're saying about Flacco... He's been alright, but he definitely deserves some blame when he's the leader of the offense and they're averaging 16 ppg.
    Yeah he deserves some blame sure. But he really hasnít had any help from his line, WRs, and Scangs canít get the running game going which is vital to a Shannahan prototype offense.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    22,724
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    The part about the receivers is simply not true. Sutton had TWO difficult 4th down conversions against the Bears. Sanders made an amazing TD catch. If Flacco doesn't throw a pick on the 5 yard line, we get at least a field goal and we don't lose the game on a last second kick.

    I get what you're saying about Flacco... He's been alright, but he definitely deserves some blame when he's the leader of the offense and they're averaging 16 ppg.
    I was mostly talking about dropping a td in the raiders game and when sanders couldn't stop slipping in the raiders game. he hasn't been perfect, but on the huge laundry list of issues considering how bad I expected him to be, he hasn't killed us.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    18,685
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I was mostly talking about dropping a td in the raiders game and when sanders couldn't stop slipping in the raiders game. he hasn't been perfect, but on the huge laundry list of issues considering how bad I expected him to be, he hasn't killed us.
    Yeah Hamilton sucks. I won't blame Sanders for slipping on a field that should have been outlawed 20 years ago though lol

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    12,812
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Yeah Hamilton sucks. I won't blame Sanders for slipping on a field that should have been outlawed 20 years ago though lol
    Hamilton doesn't suck. He's fine as a 3/4 receiver.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    97,878
    Aside from Sanders, Hamilton is the best route runner on the squad and he's a willing blocker. He'll show his value..way too early to give up on this kid. Slot WR is a meticulous art form.

    just like with this entire squad...we just have to wait.

  13. #28
    nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,704
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    The part about the receivers is simply not true. Sutton had TWO difficult 4th down conversions against the Bears. Sanders made an amazing TD catch. If Flacco doesn't throw a pick on the 5 yard line, we get at least a field goal and we don't lose the game on a last second kick.

    I get what you're saying about Flacco... He's been alright, but he definitely deserves some blame when he's the leader of the offense and they're averaging 16 ppg.
    I disagree, Flacco has been exactly what we wanted him to be. That pick was a horrible throw, no doubt. But you cant tell me he hasnt exceeded what was expected of him back in June-July. The expectation was for him to be a game manager and feed off the defense and running game.. well, so far neither of those have been very helpful.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    18,685
    Quote Originally Posted by nykol View Post
    I disagree, Flacco has been exactly what we wanted him to be. That pick was a horrible throw, no doubt. But you cant tell me he hasnt exceeded what was expected of him back in June-July. The expectation was for him to be a game manager and feed off the defense and running game.. well, so far neither of those have been very helpful.
    He's been about what's expected. But when you average 16 points a game, it's an issue. And he's part of that issue. We've had one turnover on offense all year and it was his turnover. He indirectly took points off the board for us... And when you're an offense that's struggling, that's the biggest mistake you can make.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •