Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Miami Marlins @ San Francisco Giants - September 13-15

MIAMI MARLINS (51-95) @ SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS (70-77)

ORACLE PARK

Game 1: Friday, September 13th @ 7:15 PM

VS.
    Sandy Alcantara..........Tyler Beede

Scouting Report:
    Marlins: Alcantara is resembling the top-of-the-rotation-type pitcher the Marlins envisioned when they acquired him from the Cardinals. The right-hander is coming off of his second shutout of the season, and in his last seven starts, his ERA is 2.77 to go with an 0.92 WHIP.

Giants: Beede fired five shutout innings against the Dodgers on Saturday, marking his best start since he blanked the Mets for eight innings on July 19. Beede faced the Marlins in Miami on May 30 and allowed only one run over six innings.

Game 2: Saturday, September 14th @ 6:05 PM

VS.
    Robert Dugger......Madison Bumgarner

Scouting Report:
    Marlins: Dugger makes his fifth MLB start. In his last outing, he worked three innings in a loss to the Brewers. It was the first time he went less than five innings. Total innings are adding up for Dugger, who has 21 in the big leagues and 124 in the Minors.

Giants: Bumgarner gave up two runs over seven innings in his start against the Pirates on Monday. He needs one more win at home to give him 61 for his career, breaking a tie with former teammate Matt Cain for the most victories by a pitcher at Oracle Park.

Game 3: Sunday, September 15th @ 1:05 PM

VS.
    Elieser Hernandez..........Johnny Cueto

Scouting Report:
    Marlins: The right-hander is settling in as a starter, and this will be his 15th start of the season. In his last seven outings, he's 2-1 with a 4.75 ERA and 35 strikeouts in 36 innings and a 1.17 WHIP.

Giants: Cueto allowed only one hit over five innings against the Pirates in his return from Tommy John surgery on Tuesday. The 33-year-old veteran will be limited to approximately 70 pitches.

statistics/images courtesy of mlb.com

When Posey gets a hit, is it only singles now a days ?

^^WE NEED THESE GUYS NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by sf1giantfan View Post
    When Posey gets a hit, is it only singles now a days ?
    Absolutely. Actually saw some tweet earlier today about how he's been hitting .300+ since some trivial date....but every single hit was a single.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Sucks to see Posey like this and a much faster decline than anticipated. Hasn't had an extra base hit in the last 16 started games and hasn't homered since July 31st. I'm no fan of using RBI for evaluation purposes, but he's been a mainstay at the 3 or 4 spot all year and has only 36 RBI to show for it.

Pretty sad any way you look at it. Let's just hope a normal offseason of rest and another year removed from the hip surgery does wonders for him (but my expectations are pretty minimal).

I saw that 36 RBI too, and thought what the hell happened ? I know part of it is because nobody is on base, but a single here and there doesn't do much (except for tonight)

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Pretty sad any way you look at it. Let's just hope a normal offseason of rest and another year removed from the hip surgery does wonders for him (but my expectations are pretty minimal).
    I'll take a ~.320 wOBA/100 wRC+/.340 OBP offensive season next year. But man, that dip in BB% and increase in K% is never a good sign for a player closing in on their mid 30s.

Yeah, I don't know if his pitch recognition has gotten that much worse or if it's a combination of that and pitchers going right at him since he's absolutely not a threat.

Not ashamed to say, I can't wait for Bart to join us. I'm saddened by Posey declining but I don't see him changing it around enough to make a difference.

When I heard Kelli Johnson say that stat on post game I let out an audible "what the ****."

Unbelievable stat.

“My team is a super team, just young.” - Kings GM Vlade Divac. June 21, 2018

We won !!! We must be catching up to someone, aren't we ?

Well that def makes me lose some respect for the guy.

The Giants didn't keep him off the roster, he did by his sucky pitching. And it was the right decision. Yes lost tons of respect for him.

Just finished reading the article. Good for him if he's evolved in to a better person but sounds like he was a little bish most his life.