Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Ryan would be an upgrade. Cousins would not. I'd be livid if they got rid of Jimmy to bring in Cousins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    Ryan would be an upgrade. Cousins would not. I'd be livid if they got rid of Jimmy to bring in Cousins.

Agreed. And itís really a tough spot to be in. Right now heís producing like a fringe top 10 QB, and heís being paid as a fringe top 10 QB... so thatís not bad...

But we need more. That first INT today was unacceptable. He saw someone coming free and got happy feet, but the gap was closed off and he didnít get touched, just sailed it.

JGís gotta learn, if heís gonna hit you, heís gonna hit you; youíve either got to stand and deliver the ball, or swallow it and take the sack.

Easier said than done, I know. But I donít make 30M a year to be brave in the pocket - he does and thereís plenty of people champing at the bit to take that from him.
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 10-26-2020 at 12:40 AM.

I'd be sick if we did that.

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I'd be sick if we did that.
    Yeah, I just looked at his contract. Neither are good options...

Iíd say letís ride it out with JG because he runs the system well but then I read a statistic that said - since the start of last season and including the playoffs - he ranks 3rd to last in avg pass distance and 5th from last in interception rate. Sure, the pass distance may largely be the product of the system, but the int rate doesnít bode well for someone who, as evidenced by the former statistic, is not asked to do much.

I think the best option is to ride it out with JG this year and hopefully he can recoup some value. Try to get some decent picks for him in the offseason and maybe move up for a QB in the draft if the price is right.
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.Ē

- Carl Sagan

Well, Iím convinced and Iím done holding out hope... JG just ainít that dude.

That screen to Taylor was just horrible. JG had no clue what was developing behind him and Seattle had easily sniffed out the misdirection.

Jimmy just turned and threw as if he knew what was there - couldíve easily been a far worse outcome - he shouldíve given to Kittle or got rid of it
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 11-01-2020 at 06:44 PM.

That was some terrible playcalling from KS that 1st half.

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    That screen to Taylor was just horrible. JG had no clue what was developing behind him and Seattle had easily sniffed out the misdirection.

Jimmy just turned and threw as if he knew what was there - couldíve easily been a far worse outcome - he shouldíve given to Kittle or got rid of it
    That's on KS. That was the playcall

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

That's on KS. That was the playcall

I donít agree. While a screen is generally the first option in a designed play, that one took too long to develop for Taylor to be the first option. And since everyone had already run their routes, that would mean the entire play was designed for the sole purpose of getting Taylor the ball and, if that was the case, then JG held the ball far too long. By the time he threw it, Taylor was standing still in the flat and the entire play was covered

In either case, he was out of the pocket and couldíve thrown it away.

Kyle calls the plays, JG makes the decisions. Thatís entirely on JG
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 11-01-2020 at 07:04 PM.
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.Ē

- Carl Sagan

The playcalling still looks terrible.

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

I donít agree. While a screen is generally the first option in a designed play, that one took too long to develop for Taylor to be the first option. And since everyone had already run their routes, that would mean the entire play was designed for the sole purpose of getting Taylor the ball and, if that was the case, then JG held the ball far too long. By the time he threw it, Taylor was standing still in the flat and the entire play was covered

In either case, he was out of the pocket and couldíve thrown it away.

Kyle calls the plays, JG makes the decisions. Thatís entirely on JG
    I don't know what you're looking at. I see terrible playcalling.

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

I don't know what you're looking at. I see terrible playcalling.

I mean, Iím not defending the playcalling, but bad playcalling doesnít also let JG off the hook. Heís made a couple of decent throws, but also has had his share of bad passes and decisions today. That play to TT was BOTH of the latter.

- Carl Sagan

That should be the last play for Pettis in a SF uni.

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

I mean, Iím not defending the playcalling, but bad playcalling doesnít also let JG off the hook. Heís made a couple of decent throws, but also has had his share of bad passes and decisions today. That play to TT was BOTH of the latter.
    JG doesn't look healthy. If the playcalling scaled back because he's injured then pull him. If it's scaled back because he doesn't trust him then get rid of him. But I'd rather see JG fail than this.

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Look, I realize the Seahawks were playing soft on that final drive and allowing the underneath stuff...

But Mullens looked great again today even on passes up field.

Weíve gotta stop sensationalizing Garoppolo. If he is indeed better than Mullens, it is not by much at all.

I honestly hope JG has been playing injured because he looks bad.

- Carl Sagan

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast