Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Agree w/ Lakers regarding Jimmy G's area for improvement. That may come w/ experience.

Gotta beat the seachickens. Can't stand Russ. Keep him in the pocket. They've got good WR's too. Seattles defense looked awful yesterday, mostly in coverage however.
    Yeah, nerves for this game. Division game, always tough. If we aren't on point, they'll hurt us quick.

DL used fewer games and less inside technique against Murray because he's a mobile QB ... I suspect they will do the same vs Seahawks.

The 49ers should win if they play their game and minimize mistakes.

Greenlaw is going to have Kwon in his ear for the extended week and should be okay replacing him, but I expect the run defense to suffer some.

Sounds like we're getting at least Staley and Juszczyk back this week:

"I'm 100 percent. Ready to Ride." - Kyle Juszczyk

"I feel good. If everything goes according to plan, Ill be out there this week. Today, I was out there for the full practice, which was the first time. Barring any type of setback, the plan is to play. - Joe Staley

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Sounds like we're getting at least Staley and Juszczyk back this week:

"I'm 100 percent. Ready to Ride." - Kyle Juszczyk

"I feel good. If everything goes according to plan, Ill be out there this week. Today, I was out there for the full practice, which was the first time. Barring any type of setback, the plan is to play. - Joe Staley
    That's a plus, wonder if Big Mike will be back the week after

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    That's a plus, wonder if Big Mike will be back the week after
    He returned to practice yesterday. If he doesn't return Monday, he should be good to go shortly. No need to rush him back, Brunskill has been playing great in his absence.

Mitch Wishnowski named NFC Special Teams Player of the Week.

Just saw a statistic that shows Opposing QBs have the worst QB Rating in the league when throwing to Richard Sherman at 35.7. Apparently QBs would actually have a higher QB Rating if instead of throwing to Sherman, they simply spiked the ball lol.

Glad to see he's returned to form.

The fact that the 49ers cut Sam Young to make room for the kicker that they signed means that Joe Staley is definitely returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    DL used fewer games and less inside technique against Murray because he's a mobile QB ... I suspect they will do the same vs Seahawks.

The 49ers should win if they play their game and minimize mistakes.

Greenlaw is going to have Kwon in his ear for the extended week and should be okay replacing him, but I expect the run defense to suffer some.
    Kwon is pretty bad against the run, I'm not sure Greenlaw can get much worse. Where we're going to miss Kwon, other than the energy/leadership, is in the passing game. Kwon was great at covering TE's and RB's out of the backfield I'm not sure we can trust Greenlaw with the some responsibilities. He has the athleticism but doesn't have the instincts that Kwon has, mostly due to playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    Kwon is pretty bad against the run, I'm not sure Greenlaw can get much worse. Where we're going to miss Kwon, other than the energy/leadership, is in the passing game. Kwon was great at covering TE's and RB's out of the backfield I'm not sure we can trust Greenlaw with the some responsibilities. He has the athleticism but doesn't have the instincts that Kwon has, mostly due to playing time.
    Kwon guesses wrong, but he does fill hard and with authority. From what I've seen that's not Greenlaw's strength while Greenlaw's coverage was pretty good.

Either way, Tartt is going to get some more PT is my guess to help cover for Kwon.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Kwon guesses wrong, but he does fill hard and with authority. From what I've seen that's not Greenlaw's strength while Greenlaw's coverage was pretty good.

Either way, Tartt is going to get some more PT is my guess to help cover for Kwon.
    Greenlaw used to play safety, so he definitely has the ability to cover. Besides the obvious of leadership and energy, the place that Greenlaw will lack the most when compared to Kwon is reading the play and reacting quickly. That will improve with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Greenlaw used to play safety, so he definitely has the ability to cover. Besides the obvious of leadership and energy, the place that Greenlaw will lack the most when compared to Kwon is reading the play and reacting quickly. That will improve with experience.
    And that was my point, though I apparently was bad at saying it

The seahawks *****... pretenders.
    It's time to start winning right?

Playoffs and Championship droughts...

SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011