Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JNumbers775 View Post
    Is everyone happy with Mac Jones as the pick? Doesn't it feel like a huge overpay? Almost all mocks have us taking him. I just don't get it. It seems like absolute best case scenario he is Matt Ryan.. And idk.
    Nope. In summary from three posts up, if itís not Wilson or Fields, then Iíd want Pitts and a different QB later in the draft; Trask, Mond, or Mills. I think Iíd prefer Mond or Mills to Trask. I think Mac would be a significant enough upgrade from JG, I just donít know if heís significant enough to pass on Pitts. IMO, Pitts and Mond or Mills is > than Jones.
    The Tweeter Handle: @DSchneider_05

What Hasselbeck says at the end is exactly why I believe Justin Fields will be off the board before we pick.

https://youtu.be/uno5iqZw0qE

Reports of Mac Jones to the Niners are the result of...

1) The Niners selling that he might be the pick by attending his pro day over Fieldsí
    2) The Niners and Jets signaling to the Patriots that they will have a hard time getting a QB in this draft if the only two QBs on the board after pick three are Fields and Lance (there will be a trade attempt frenzy to get to those guys)
    3) Click bait sites trying to draw interest towards this idea because, well, it would be a shock
    4) Reporters trying to get in on the ground floor of a surprise move

I think itís quite likely that the Jets take Fields but, even if itís Wilson, I donít see any way that Lawrence, Wilson, and Fields make it past the first three QBs selected.

I really like JT OíSullivanís game tape breakdowns. I hadnít watched his breakdowns in a long time, but heís incredibly thorough. Heís not just analyzing the physical traits and throws, but breaking down the reads and progressions too. Heís very even handed in critiquing the guys and I trust his evaluations.

He has some very interesting takes on the QB rankings in this draft. Most notably - and he provided the disclaimer that he was purely evaluating talent and not the Xís and Oís for specific teams - he appears to have Zach Wilson ahead of Trevor Lawrence, followed by Fields at 3, and he has Mac Jones as QB 6. Kellen Mond is in his top 5.

Now, there are some things I find myself not entirely agreeing with in his assessments, but it almost always ends in him validating his point later in the film. For instance, I watched one of his breakdowns of Kellen Mond and JT was concerned with some of his footwork early on; worried about Mond getting his feet too close together typically on steps 2-3 after establishing a nice wide base with his first step. In my mind, Mond was getting pressure from his left and was simply considering pulling it down, but JT later showed a few more instances where there was no pressure or pocket yet and it was still occurring. The other main thing he seems to think Mond needs to improve is his upper body stiffness though he admits itís probably not such a big deal. I agree, NBD.

When watching his tape, I gotta say, this guy is really good and has a lot of potential for more. There wasnít much for OíSullivan to punch holes in aside from the aforementioned criticisms. Even with valid footwork concerns, he still sets his feet to drive through the release, can put it in tight spots and did so on one ball 60 yards downfield with a CB draped like a cape on the receiver. And he can pull it down and run with it too. But what might have impressed me most is that, despite his physical traits, he doesnít seem overly eager to pull it down and run with it. He wants to make plays with his arm.

For my money, the 3rd pick has to be the best QB available (likely Fields), or Kyle Pitts. It sounds like thereís interest in getting into the back half of the first round for Kedarius Toney. If we draft Fields, we move up with the 2nd rounder to take Toney at the back end of the 1st. If itís Pitts, we still acquire a late first and take Mond.

Obviously I like Mac Jones for our offense, but I definitely donít think heís worth the 3rd pick.
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 04-10-2021 at 10:25 PM.

Here's my thinking on this. You don't trade into the top 3 for someone whose ceiling is Jimmy G at at Jimmy G's best. I think it's going to be Fields or Wilson and maybe a 5% it's Lance. The NFL has changed and you need guys that can give you positive plays when the play breaks down. We've seen first hand going back 2 years now that no matter how good the defense is it's hard to shut down guys like Wilson, Rodgers, Allen, Mahomes, Jackson, Murray.

I'd had been fine with Jones at 12 or even trading up a few spots giving away only 1 first rounder to get him. If the pick is Jones then I can't help but think this is the beginning of the end for this regime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

^

I canít agree more. I saw a headline the other day that taking Mac Jones at 3 is a fireable offense - I didnít read it because it seems pretty obvious to me.

I think Mac Jones can be great for this offense but he couldíve been had later with less going out and, because of that, if he busts it looks a lot worse than if we moved up for someone like Fields or Wilson where the talent is undeniable. Even if he isnít a total bust, but doesnít get us over the hump and gets outperformed by the QBs we passed on, it will look bad on Lynchahan in a couple of seasons. I think the small caveat here is that Lynchahan is banking on getting first round draft capital for JG. If they do, the move is more palatable, if they canít, buckle up.

I will trust their judgement. I mean, Chris Simms is rarely off, maybe never egregiously so, on his QB rankings and he has Jones at 3. If we take Jones and he does proves to be worth it, then Lynchahan comes out smelling like roses. I think thatís too big an ďifĒ though.

Deebo...

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49...artner=ya4nbcs

Could you imagine scheming to stop a team with Deebo in motion, Aiyuk out wide ready for a screen, PITTS on a post, Kittle over the middle, and having to worry about plugging the gaps because Mostert can house a 75 yard run to start the game?

Weíre going QB at the 3rd pick, but damn that would be something

Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    Here's my thinking on this. You don't trade into the top 3 for someone whose ceiling is Jimmy G at at Jimmy G's best. I think it's going to be Fields or Wilson and maybe a 5% it's Lance. The NFL has changed and you need guys that can give you positive plays when the play breaks down. We've seen first hand going back 2 years now that no matter how good the defense is it's hard to shut down guys like Wilson, Rodgers, Allen, Mahomes, Jackson, Murray.

I'd had been fine with Jones at 12 or even trading up a few spots giving away only 1 first rounder to get him. If the pick is Jones then I can't help but think this is the beginning of the end for this regime.

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Deebo...

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49...artner=ya4nbcs

Could you imagine scheming to stop a team with Deebo in motion, Aiyuk out wide ready for a screen, PITTS on a post, Kittle over the middle, and having to worry about plugging the gaps because Mostert can house a 75 yard run to start the game?

Weíre going QB at the 3rd pick, but damn that would be something
    You already know id LOVE Pitts at #3. If you added his teammate in the 2nd rd the 49ers offense would be incredible for years to come. You're going to have to groom why not give him one of the most powerful offense in the NFL?

ITS THE WHITE SOX TIME 2 SHINE
    2021 MLB CHAMPION WHITE SOX (COMING TO A BALLPARK NEAR YOU)

Our original 1st (12) for Sam Darnold was offered?! This scares the hell out of me if true. It really feels like Mac Jones is going to be the pick and they'll have simply over payed for a Top 15 - 20 QB.... at best. This is just frustrating because outside of QB this is one of the top 3 rosters in the league.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/article...49ers-darnold/

Quote Originally Posted by JNumbers775 View Post
    Our original 1st (12) for Sam Darnold was offered?! This scares the hell out of me if true. It really feels like Mac Jones is going to be the pick and they'll have simply over payed for a Top 15 - 20 QB.... at best. This is just frustrating because outside of QB this is one of the top 3 rosters in the league.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/article...49ers-darnold/
    I saw that tweet yesterday and, honestly, it makes no sense. Doesnít pass my sniff test.

1) Thereís only one report of this and it didnít come from a Niners or Jets writer, but a Broncos writer, Cecil Lammey
    2) The Broncos are a team that just so happens to be looking for a QB and is rumored to be a potential landing spot for JG, so you have to wonder who Cecilís ďsourceĒ is
    3) It makes no sense, under any circumstances, for the Jets who currently hold the 2nd pick and 23rd picks with 4-5 potentially better QBs available and a looming decision on Darnoldís 5th year option, to hold onto Darnold in favor of the 12th pick in an incredibly deep draft at positions of need. They could realistically have nabbed Wilson or Fields and paired him with the best available OTs and WRs likely to be available at 12 and 23; Sewell, Slater, Vera-Tucker, Waddle, Toney, etc
    4) They ended up getting a tremendously smaller return in the form of a 6th, and future 2nd and 4th.

So, yeah, if true, thatís a horrible offer by our FO... but I canít imagine any scenario where the Jets donít jump on that

It's been debunked. If it had been real I don't know who looks worse us for offering or the Jets for turning it down.

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

office.com/setup

MS Office is the most popular suite of applications in global use. Almost every organization or individual using computers, laptops, and other devices to handle number crunching and daily documentation has the use of this beautiful suite of MS Office applications. The popularity and usability of MS Office applications can be comprehended because Microsoft has launched the MS Office package's iMac version, seeing the growing demand. Use its direct and straightforward features and to achieve the best result quickly. Download, install and activate MS Office through*office.com/setup. With an extensive range of help files and user guides available offline and online, you can never go wrong using MS Office.

Visit Our Site:- www.office.com/setup

mcafee.com/activate

Whether you use a laptop, smartphone, or computer, viruses are ubiquitous. They can enter your device anytime, anywhere without giving you any warning. Viruses are not only one enemy of your devices but also many such as malicious malware and other cyber threats. These culprits steal your online data, cause online banking frauds, slows down your device and harm you and your family in many other ways. To safeguard your online presence and enjoy unlimited internet without getting worried, download, install and activate McAfee antivirus at mcafee.com/activate. As the owner of a tab, smartphone, or computer, it is your sole responsibility to keep your online data safe and secure.
    Visit Our Site:- www.mcafee.com/activate

I believe the 49ers will choose Zach Wilson

It appears Mac Jones is the pick. Supposedly the Patriots are working on a restructure of Jimmy G's contract. 😞
    https://www.ninersnation.com/2021/4/...-for-garoppolo

I'm thinking Zack Wilson will be the guy .

Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast