Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    I think the most likely scenario is Jimmy is the starter and we draft someone to be the backup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

With the supposed asking price of 2 first 2 seconds and 2 defensive players could the 49ers make a deal. Can Garoppolo fetch a first from New England so only 1 first and then perhaps Dre Greenlaw and Arik Armstead with seconds this and next year would that be a worth while trade

Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    There's still time, but they really need to upgrade at QB.

My concern is the D too because now they have to deal with Stafford, Murray and Wilson twice !
    Then find a cheaper option at Qb than Jimmy and fix the defense

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by cencal View Post
    With the supposed asking price of 2 first 2 seconds and 2 defensive players could the 49ers make a deal. Can Garoppolo fetch a first from New England so only 1 first and then perhaps Dre Greenlaw and Arik Armstead with seconds this and next year would that be a worth while trade
    Garoppolo ain't fetching a first. You'll be lucky to get a 2nd for him. Teams will just wait till he gets released and get him at a cheaper contract.

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I really don't think so. Shannyn doesn't like JG
    I think if this were true then Jimmy would had been already gone. KS doesn't strike me as a guy that's going to hang on to a guy he doesn't like.

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    I think if this were true then Jimmy would had been already gone. KS doesn't strike me as a guy that's going to hang on to a guy he doesn't like.

I think they are holding onto him until they find someone different, everything i have seen and heard is Shanny isn't too fond of jg

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

So we have Obi Melifonwu, I would love for us to move him to corner and also draft his brother into of Syracuse in the 2nd round.

I'm hearing it is possible for us to trade JG to the Patriots and they would offer their 1st. Absolutely no clue if there's any truth to it. Also hearing Shanny actually really likes Josh Rosen. I'm actually a huge fan of rolling with Rosen or maybe trading for Mariotta.

12th pick draft Gregory Roussea
    15th pick draft best available tackle
    2nd round pick take Melifonwu
    3rd round take interior OL
    3rd round trade for Mariotta

Roussea is supposed to have like 36in arms and he's 6'6. Him opposite Bosa with Kinlaw and Armstead up the middle would be beautiful

With the Melifonwu brothers on the outside we have two corners we have 2 guys taller than 6'2 and both can move. Obi has all the skill but I think safety is too much for him. In our defense I think he'd be fantastic at corner. Bring back Tartt to finish out the defense.

With all the money saved, I believe we would be able to sign the Packers FA center and bring back Trent Williams.

Our offensive line would be vastly improved for MM, a very mobile Qb who can do what JG has done. Short passes, get the ball to the play makers. And Rosen would back up.

Also, bring back Gore. He can still play, he wants to come back, (Gurley wants to play here too) and he can be a spell back for Mostert and Wilson, which one or both will get hurt at some point.

I think this is all very possible

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Rapjuicer
    I like the idea, if Shanahan thinks he can get similar production without the big pay of garrapolo take the draft capital. Really beef up the defense via the draft and really like Gregory if he had played this year he may have been a top 5 pick

Seriously who in their right mind would give up the 15th OA pick for JG? There is a very good chance we just cut him and they could get him for free. I would be shocked if we get anything better than a late 2nd early 3rd for JG if we get anything at all.
    Vancouver Canucks
    Toronto Blue Jays
    San Francisco 49's

So we have Obi Melifonwu, I would love for us to move him to corner and also draft his brother into of Syracuse in the 2nd round.

I'm hearing it is possible for us to trade JG to the Patriots and they would offer their 1st. Absolutely no clue if there's any truth to it. Also hearing Shanny actually really likes Josh Rosen. I'm actually a huge fan of rolling with Rosen or maybe trading for Mariotta.

12th pick draft Gregory Roussea
    15th pick draft best available tackle
    2nd round pick take Melifonwu
    3rd round take interior OL
    3rd round trade for Mariotta

Roussea is supposed to have like 36in arms and he's 6'6. Him opposite Bosa with Kinlaw and Armstead up the middle would be beautiful

With the Melifonwu brothers on the outside we have two corners we have 2 guys taller than 6'2 and both can move. Obi has all the skill but I think safety is too much for him. In our defense I think he'd be fantastic at corner. Bring back Tartt to finish out the defense.

With all the money saved, I believe we would be able to sign the Packers FA center and bring back Trent Williams.

Our offensive line would be vastly improved for MM, a very mobile Qb who can do what JG has done. Short passes, get the ball to the play makers. And Rosen would back up.

Also, bring back Gore. He can still play, he wants to come back, (Gurley wants to play here too) and he can be a spell back for Mostert and Wilson, which one or both will get hurt at some point.

I think this is all very possible

It might be wishful thinking but I was wondering if Melifonwu can be converted to LB.

Gurley I would take only for cheap! No to Gore . Hell yes to Rouseau or even Surtain!
    Last edited by 1hardcore; 02-07-2021 at 03:35 AM.

Man if we had officials that actually called holding on the Chiefs like they did tonight we would had won last year.

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    Man if we had officials that actually called holding on the Chiefs like they did tonight we would had won last year.

No kidding man. That game was so lopsided in officiating...sickening.

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    Seriously who in their right mind would give up the 15th OA pick for JG? There is a very good chance we just cut him and they could get him for free. I would be shocked if we get anything better than a late 2nd early 3rd for JG if we get anything at all.
    There is absolutely no reason for us to Cut JG if we don't have another option. If a 1st is floated our way then we find another option and trade JG for it.

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    It might be wishful thinking but I was wondering if Melifonwu can be converted to LB.

Gurley I would take only for cheap! No to Gore . Hell yes to Rouseau or even Surtain!
    I like Greenlaw and Warner together. A 3rd backer would rarely see the field. But then again hybrid players are all over defenses now, I could see him in that kind of role. Id really like him at Corner though. 6'4 230 and ran a 4.4...44 in vert...yea coach this dude up

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

There is absolutely no reason for us to Cut JG if we don't have another option. If a 1st is floated our way then we find another option and trade JG for it.
    Agreed. However we view him, Jimmy is an asset. He hasnít shown to be a great starter, but heís proven heís a good one if he can be healthy, and heís got two more years under contract. Heís also shown flashes like when he went throw for throw against Brees late in 2019.

We donít want him because we donít believe heís going to take us to the next level... that doesnít mean someone like Belichick doesnít think they can win with him.

Heís a top of the middle of the pack QB when healthy. Iím sure thereís a number of teams that would jump to pay - at MINIMUM - a 3rd round pick to get him. Optimistically, I could see him fetching up to a late 1st. I canít imagine anyone would be out there sitting back and hoping he just gets released in order to fill their QB role.

I do see a reunion with Belichick as the likeliest possibility.

Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast