Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
    Wow... Dee Ford’s restructure puts us at $20M in cap space before the Wilson and Tartt signings.

We actually look pretty damn good right now. I see lots of pundits linking us to Trey Lance at 12. I really like Lance’s potential, but I don’t think we should waste pick 12 on someone who is going to sit behind JG for a year.

If we don’t think he can start year one, then that would be a waste when we could realistically compete for an SB next year. I’d rather trade for a QB solution and draft someone that can help immediately at 12, or trade up for whichever of Lawrence, Wilson, or Fields gets past the first two picks.

K’Wuan is back too!

Looks more and more like we’re shoring up our needs which should free us up to make upgrades with the 12th.

Is it impossible to think the Niners and Pats already have a handshake deal that the Niners will send JG their way with the agreement that it remains secret and dependent on whether they can get their guy in the draft?

In most cases, I’d say “hell no”, that no one would tip their hand like that, but Lynchahan and Belichick seem to have a good relationship. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a couple of early trades in the draft with JG moving and his compensation being flipped for draft position.
    The Tweeter Handle: @DSchneider_05

Is Zach Kerr the most underrated, under the radar signing of the offseason?

I think this is a very good rotational player that can free up AA/Kinlaw on the inside.
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 03-25-2021 at 09:56 PM.

The number 3 pick is ours ladies and gents!!!

It’s either Wilson or Fields!!!

I wonder if JG is the next chip to fall

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1375493884323708931?s=21

It’s at least interesting to note that BYU’s pro day was today and Lynch was in attendance...

Maybe they wanted to make sure they were comfortable with whichever of the top three QBs makes its to 3 before they made this move and seeing Wilson this morning locked it in.

Maybe they have an inclination to believe, given that they know him quite well, which direction Saleh and the Jets are leaning.

I also wonder if we’re playing a little chess here with the draft.

If we maintain that we’re holding onto JG to remain flexible at 3, then open the bidding as soon as the 2nd pick is announced, it might look like we’re seriously teetering between a QB, Sewell, or a top skill player and the timeframe to make a decision could cause an interested team to overbid.

I can’t wait another month!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    The number 3 pick is ours ladies and gents!!!

It’s either Wilson or Fields!!!

I wonder if JG is the next chip to fall

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...323708931?s=21
    Why not go for Trevor Lawrence... They've gone this far .

Oh btw I'm not a big fan of Wilson nor Fields .

Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    Why not go for Trevor Lawrence... They've gone this far .

Oh btw I'm not a big fan of Wilson nor Fields .
    Apparently we’re still telling pundits like Schefter that JG is still the guy this year...

It’s exactly how I think they should play it, but I don’t buy it. Trading 3 firsts and a third only makes sense for a QB and, really, a QB that can start in year one. In either case, however you slice it, that guy will be drafted to replace a guy who wants to be the face of the franchise, is in his prime, and has two years remaining on his contract.

It would make almost no sense to make that trade to draft a guy who’ll sit behind JG for a year. JG would be playing out 2021 knowing he’s a dead man walking and we would have wasted this year’s pick, as well as our future firsts, to draft a backup. That doesn’t exactly scream out neither (a) that we want to compete for a Super Bowl this year, nor (b) that we’re building for the future.

Why not Wilson or Fields?

I love Lance as a prospect, but he seems to be all potential at this point.
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 03-26-2021 at 02:24 PM.

Well, this is an interesting take from Larry Krueger...

He thinks the Jets might have been convinced to take Lance based on his pro day

https://twitter.com/sportslarryknbr/...536664577?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Well, this is an interesting take from Larry Krueger...

He thinks the Jets might have been convinced to take Lance based on his pro day

https://twitter.com/sportslarryknbr/...536664577?s=21
    If the Jets take Lance then Trade with Jags to get Lawrence!

I've heard stories and I'm pretty sure you've heard too about the immaturity issues with Zach Wilson. Also and I hope I'm wrong, but Fields is just another Buckeye who's never panned out well in the NFL . For me I don't like red flag players. Too risky..... HOWEVER! out of the 2 mentioned, Zach
    Wilson would be the guy... you'd just have to hope that the right coaching and mentorship can put him in his place !

Just have to nail this pick. If they do they're The Chiefs of the West. If they can get good value for trading JG, great. But they can afford to keep him around this year as an overpriced great backup and that wouldn't be the worst thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    Just have to nail this pick. If they do they're The Chiefs of the West. If they can get good value for trading JG, great. But they can afford to keep him around this year as an overpriced great backup and that wouldn't be the worst thing.

Agreed. But ****...if we take Fields were literally screwed. Idk what were doing

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Agreed. But ****...if we take Fields were literally screwed. Idk what were doing
    I hope we take Fields. I'll be pissed if it ends up being Jones.

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Seen Trey Lance mocked at three how would people feel about taking him and then sending JG to Pats for Newton and a pick? Gotta think if you want to sit Lance for a bit might as well have a mobile QB show him the ropes rather than JG? Considering Lance is a very mobile guy himself. We save big on the cap as a bonus as well. For those better equipped than myself to answer this how do you think adding Lance to this offence would work?
    Vancouver Canucks
    Toronto Blue Jays
    San Francisco 49's

Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    Seen Trey Lance mocked at three how would people feel about taking him and then sending JG to Pats for Newton and a pick? Gotta think if you want to sit Lance for a bit might as well have a mobile QB show him the ropes rather than JG? Considering Lance is a very mobile guy himself. We save big on the cap as a bonus as well. For those better equipped than myself to answer this how do you think adding Lance to this offence would work?
    If it's Lance then he sits for a year and Jimmy is the starter while he learns the playbook. This team is in win now mode and the only person replacing Jimmy is someone that is at worse going to do as well as him. Cam ain't that. This team isn't hurting for money. If they were Jimmy would had been gone yesterday. The QB coach, OC and KS can take care of getting Lance where they want him. No need to bring in Cam for that.

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast