Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    Maybe Jim Harbaugh was being propped up by Greg Roman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Its been fun being able to lean back and be proven correct each year.

Condo we hardly knew thee... He just retired.

lol.
    It's time to start winning right?

Playoffs and Championship droughts...

SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Its been fun being able to lean back and be proven correct each year.

lol, Was Roman the defensive coordinator? Those teams were about defense. The offense failed to reach top 15 in most of Harbaugh's years, except the one year Kaepernick took over.

I'm guess maybe Fangio was propping up Harbaugh, but Harbaugh still led this team to a place that nobody else has in 25 years, sans Seifert.
    It's time to start winning right?

Playoffs and Championship droughts...

SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    lol, Was Roman the defensive coordinator? Those teams were about defense. The offense failed to reach top 15 in most of Harbaugh's years, except the one year Kaepernick took over.

I'm guess maybe Fangio was propping up Harbaugh, but Harbaugh still led this team to a place that nobody else has in 25 years, sans Seifert.
    I'll state now as I have many many times. Jim is a good coach, some could maybe argue a great one, but he's never actually taken the last step that his hype/reputation would have you believe he has. He took a 49ers team with a half dozen or so All Pro/Pro Bowl players and added some wins. This was a team that, even with abysmal coaching, could manage 6-8 wins on talent. He can get a team to play to its potential, but doesn't elevate.

See Michigan so far. Never won as an underdog, only beats who they're expected to. Hasn't beaten OSU and is now floundering even worse when it should be "his team" after years of recruiting.

He's all legend, moderate skill.

Spoon out a month with ankle. Crap

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Spoon out a month with ankle. Crap
    Not ideal

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Not ideal
    Was revised to a foot sprain and "at least a month"

Not looking past the Browns ... just thinking happy thoughts.

Juice's sprain called "mild" and they think he may miss as much as 6 weeks. Dwelley is going to get a lot more snaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Juice's sprain called "mild" and they think he may miss as much as 6 weeks. Dwelley is going to get a lot more snaps.
    It's a grade 2 MCL sprain, which typically has a recovery time of 4 to 6 weeks. Juszczyk is going to get a second opinion and apparently there is some optimism that he can beat that timetable. Personally, I'm just hoping that he can make it back in time for Seattle. The 4 games prior to Seattle are the Rams, Redskins, Panthers, Cardinals. If he's going to miss the first three (very likely), I see I point in rushing him back for the Cardinals game. I'd rather him rest until the Seahawks game.

The fullback position is important to Shanahan's offensive scheme. It would be hard to just put Tololio back there to replace him. Maybe look at someone like Darrel Young, who was Shanahan's fullback when he was the coordinator with the Redskins. A guy like Aaron Ripkowski is out there on the streets as well.

Injury bug biting us hard right now. McGlinchey out 4-6 weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    Injury bug biting us hard right now. McGlinchey out 4-6 weeks.
    He was scoped so they knew going in he could miss time. The 6 weeks is because he's a BIG boy and they want to get him as close to 100% as possible.

It sucks that the Rams and Hawks fall in that potential timeframe, but I think the rest of the games are winnable if they maintain the level of overall play especially defensively. We probably get Juice, Mike and Joe all back at once for the late season slate.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    The fullback position is important to Shanahan's offensive scheme. It would be hard to just put Tololio back there to replace him. Maybe look at someone like Darrel Young, who was Shanahan's fullback when he was the coordinator with the Redskins. A guy like Aaron Ripkowski is out there on the streets as well.
    Kyle Juszczyk is not replaceable. He has a unique skillset that nobody else in the NFL has. That's why Lunch and Shanahan were willing to pay him so much more than every other FB makes. They'll probably line TEs up in the FB spot and most likely use formations with a FB significantly less than before.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast