Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Marvin Lewis is a defensive coordinator.

When he coached the Bengals...
    It's time to start winning right?

Playoffs and Championship droughts...

SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Agreed. But you could definitely tell JG is still hurt. He shouldnt have played.

But JG just isn't worth the money. I'd be ok if he were cut or traded away. I think drafting a guy and signing Tyrod Taylor in the offseason is the route to take.

We kept the wrong guy in Armstead/Buckner. That is killing us.

Ford also needs to be let go.

Agree. Reminds me of when we chose Vernon Davis over Delanie Walker.

The 49ers season will now be over by October in 3 of Kyle's 4 coaching years. This game will make or break their season. Kyle can restore his coaching reputation with a home divisional game vs a true NFC power coming off an embarrassing loss.

Injuries have nothing to do with it. The entire country just saw a team who hadn't practiced since late September demolish an undefeated Bills team.

Kyle's offense is averaging under 20 points a game at home this season. Let that sink in. Then keep in mind, his entire offense sans Reed is healthy. It's his QB's, his system, his WR's, his TE.

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Injuries have nothing to do with it. The entire country just saw a team who hadn't practiced since late September demolish an undefeated Bills team.

Kyle's offense is averaging under 20 points a game at home this season. Let that sink in. Then keep in mind, his entire offense sans Reed is healthy...
    Ok, letís pump the brakes here. As much as you will always want to pivot to Kyle, that first statement is pretty ridiculous.

Firstly, you canít expect the offense to suddenly be in sync when they havenít all been together much at all through the first five weeks. Secondly, a ****ing zamboni could get through our defense untouched with Bosa, Ford, and all of our best corners injured. The corners were absolutely atrocious last game and the d-line minus Ford and Bosa will not make the secondary any better.

And yes, a porous defense does change the way you play on the other side of the ball. Injuries have everything to do with it.

You can blame him for his personnel choices, JG included, but the players on this team are legit - many of the players that have missed, and/or are still missing, are some of the best in the league at what they do. All-Pro QBs donít grow on trees and we can get out from under Jimmy after this year with relatively little consequence.
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 10-15-2020 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Ok, letís pump the brakes here. As much as you will always want to pivot to Kyle, that first statement is pretty ridiculous.

Firstly, you canít expect the offense to suddenly be in sync when they havenít all been together much at all through the first five weeks. Secondly, a ****ing zamboni could get through our defense untouched with Bosa, Ford, and all of our best corners injured. The corners were absolutely atrocious last game and the d-line minus Ford and Bosa will not make the secondary any better.

And yes, a porous defense does change the way you play on the other side of the ball. Injuries have everything to do with it.

You can blame him for his personnel choices, JG included, but the players on this team are legit - many of the players that have missed, and/or are still missing, are some of the best in the league at what they do. All-Pro QBs donít grow on trees and we can get out from under Jimmy after this year with relatively little consequence.

I see you are aboard the excuse train. So, since you don't expect them to be in sync, why don't you tell me when you think they will be in sync? Week 8? Week 12. You let me know, but don't wait until end results.

After this off-season it was evident that they need to upgrade at CB. They failed, and now you are shocked that their soft aging secondary is getting hurt? Seriously? Spoon is a failure, and Mosely is undrafted. So they pinned their hopes to Ward, and a 35 year old Sherman? Wow. Amazing.

If they are legit, they'll have no problem defeating a. Rams team at home coming off an embarrassing loss. In actuality, this game is 100% on Kyle. Nobody else. His healthy offense. Go score 35+.

You must be the guy that doesn't mind losses. I'm the other guy.

Yup, Iím just an excuse maker who just loves losing... and you are the epitome of excellence, the excellence of execution... in fact, I have no doubts that if you were making personnel decisions and calling the Xís and Oís instead of Kyle, weíd be working on our fourth Lombardi trophy in as many seasons this year.

Or we can return from la-la land and speak about this logically; there is no world wherein a team could be as decimated by injury as we have been and be successful. There is no coach on earth who makes a big enough difference that he can scheme a team out of a hole like that. In fact, I think youíd be hard pressed to find a team that has experienced that level of unavailable key contributors and you be more hard pressed to find anyone that came close and still had success during that period...

Iíll wait with baited breath for examples, your Excellency
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.Ē

- Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Yup, Iím just an excuse maker who just loves losing... and you are the epitome of excellence, the excellence of execution... in fact, I have no doubts that if you were making personnel decisions and calling the Xís and Oís instead of Kyle, weíd be working on our fourth Lombardi trophy in as many seasons this year.
    But even if I were, I can count on fickle fans defending my moves!

Or we can return from la-la land and speak about this logically; there is no world wherein a team could be as decimated by injury as we have been and be successful. There is no coach on earth who makes a big enough difference that he can scheme a team out of a hole like that. In fact, I think youíd be hard pressed to find a team that has experienced that level of unavailable key contributors and you be more hard pressed to find anyone that came close and still had success during that period...

Iíll wait with baited breath for examples, your Excellency
    1. See 2018 Season.

2. Bill Belicheck when he lost Tom Brady went 10-6.

3. The 49ers will start this game with Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle, Jimmy G, LT, LG, C, RG, and RT intact. Sorry but Richburg was hurt well before the season started, and he ain't coming back except for mop up duty. Their backs are back as well. Their 30+ million dollar huge free agent signing McKinnon and Juice, and Mostert. But go on about injuries...

4. Kyle is an offensive minded coach correct? This isn't Vic Fangio or Dan Quinn who build defenses... So, why is the offense averaging 19 points/game at home when the league has moved to a much higher scoring offense? The rest of the league is scoring at a breakneck pace. Holding is no longer called at the rate it was previously.

5. Bourne currently is their #1 WR who ranks 40th among WR's and 46th overall in receiving yards. There's only 32 teams.

6. You are right, If i was running things, I would've gone after Brady. I would've drafted DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, or Ceedee Lamb and definitely not Deebo or Aiyuk. I would not pass when an elite FS is available and wants to come to SF, but nah, we got Mr 2 INT Jimmie Ward back there...

7. A loss tonight, seals the FACT that Kyle's season as coach has ended in October in 3 of 4 years.

I'll wait your facts and not excuses in your reply. This maybe very difficult to consider, but is it possible Kyle prefers soft quick gadget players who are injury prone? I won't even bring up the big names, I'll just bring up Jet McKinnon, Breida, and Trent Taylor.

1) What about 2018?

2) Brady and whom else? Brady is not equal to 11 starters (with a majority pro bowlers or potential pro bowlers, and a couple of future HOF talents). Also, 10-6 didnít win them a Super Bowl, did it?

3) The 49ers will start THIS GAME with most of its offense in tact. Football is played on two sides of the ball and the defense is still decimated.

4) Perhaps... Because... Heís been dealing with... key offensive injuries?

5) Bourne is not their #1 receiver... Bourne is their most productive receiver in terms of volume YTD... because Bourne has seen more playing time... because Bourne has been healthy...

6) I wouldíve made a run for Brady too. I also stated, btw, that I have drafted Metcalf and/or NíKeal Harry... but checking out on Deebo and Aiyuk is to be in short company. Those guys are ridiculously good football players, not egregious draft picks.

7) right... but the rest of Niners nation has seen what he can do with a full roster... and we also knew this season was likely to the wayside as soon as we lost 11 starters and some of their backups for extended periods of time. It would be incredibly short sided to get rid of Kyle after this season considering that a healthy roster makes us super bowl contenders again next year.

Gadget players? Maybe. I certainly wouldnít say thereís anything soft about the personnel heís shown preferences for. In fact, Kittle, Deebo, Williams, Juice, Aiyuk, Tartt, Richard Sherman, Bosa, etc, these guys are animals.

When I look at his personnel choices, I see a trend of preferring dynamic athletes who fight like dogs for extra yardage. Perhaps that lends itself to increased injury risk, but I certainly wouldnít call Deebo, Kittle, or Bosa (all of whom have been injured this season) ďsoftĒ...

Of course, Iím also not trying to admonish a coachís ability with hyperbole, so I guess I wouldnít say things like that.
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.Ē

- Carl Sagan

Not sure how anyone could se the things Deebo does and call him a failed second round draft pick

For those that have compare JGís numbers favorably to some of the all-time greats, think about this...

JG started todayís first drive 4-4 for 69 yards and a TD.

3 of those were jet sweeps, 1 was a designed short dump to Kittle with huge YAC yards

Kyle beat the apparent litmus test of the Rams... so how do we shift the goalposts his value now?

Kyle shanahan was the reason 49ers didn't give a sack today .
    Mosely back was major!
    Still need help on the Dline
    Would like to see more of Jamychal Hasty and less Jerrick Mackinon
    Last edited by 1hardcore; 10-19-2020 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    Kyle shanahan was the reason 49ers didn't give a sack today .
    Mosely back was major!
    Still need help on the Dline
    Would like to see more of Jamychal Hasty and less Jerrick Mackinon

Agreed with all this. Still generating no pressure. Hasty looks like a steal.

Iím almost afraid to mention his name, as to whisper it may result in injury, but the guy whoís name sounds like Mason Ferrett has been fantastic! Canít wait to see him and Sherm lineup across from each other.

- Carl Sagan

Going back to my criticisms of JG...

He had a good game... but this is my assessment of who he is and it doesnít lend any confidence to the idea that he is the next Niners great. If he wins it all with us, it will be as a system QB running the offense with a lead, not as the guy that can put the team on his back to come from behind.

PROS
    * Knows the playbook and commands the offense well
    * Quick release
    * Very productive when staying in the design and looking for the simple play
    * Makes good throws between the lines
    * ***MOBILITY to extend plays when they breakdown

Cons
    * Numbers are padded by designed plays which inflates his perceived effectiveness
    * Cannot make accurate throws behind the secondary
    * Cannot make accurate throws outside the numbers
    * Often doesnít make all his reads before determining that he needs to extend the play
    * Often makes poor choices and/or throws when extending the play
    * Often unwilling to give up on a lost cause by checking or throwing away which can result in unnecessary hits, and frustrating sacks and fumbles
    * Seems to lose his mind when pressured late in close games.

Iím no QB guru, and these are just my opinions and observations, but I think these things are pretty obviously true.

Again, JG is a good QB. Iím just not sold that heís a top tier QB in the making. Heís smart, seems confident, and can execute the offense, but without some of the best weapons in all of football on his side, I just donít think heís a $30M QB.

I say all this fully hoping he proves me wrong and we run the table for the rest of the year.
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 10-19-2020 at 04:07 PM.

2 more pros for ya. The players love him and he is KS guy. I'll say the same thing I said with Alex and Kaep. If there is an upgrade to be had then yeah, replace him. Until then you're just hurting the team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast