Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 221
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    28,181
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Agree w/ Lakers regarding Jimmy G's area for improvement. That may come w/ experience.


    Gotta beat the seachickens. Can't stand Russ. Keep him in the pocket. They've got good WR's too. Seattles defense looked awful yesterday, mostly in coverage however.
    Yeah, nerves for this game. Division game, always tough. If we aren't on point, they'll hurt us quick.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,583
    DL used fewer games and less inside technique against Murray because he's a mobile QB ... I suspect they will do the same vs Seahawks.

    The 49ers should win if they play their game and minimize mistakes.

    Greenlaw is going to have Kwon in his ear for the extended week and should be okay replacing him, but I expect the run defense to suffer some.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,956
    Sounds like we're getting at least Staley and Juszczyk back this week:

    "I'm 100 percent. Ready to Ride." - Kyle Juszczyk

    "I feel good. If everything goes according to plan, Ill be out there this week. Today, I was out there for the full practice, which was the first time. Barring any type of setback, the plan is to play. - Joe Staley

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    28,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Sounds like we're getting at least Staley and Juszczyk back this week:

    "I'm 100 percent. Ready to Ride." - Kyle Juszczyk

    "I feel good. If everything goes according to plan, Ill be out there this week. Today, I was out there for the full practice, which was the first time. Barring any type of setback, the plan is to play. - Joe Staley
    That's a plus, wonder if Big Mike will be back the week after

  5. #155
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,956
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    That's a plus, wonder if Big Mike will be back the week after
    He returned to practice yesterday. If he doesn't return Monday, he should be good to go shortly. No need to rush him back, Brunskill has been playing great in his absence.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,956
    Mitch Wishnowski named NFC Special Teams Player of the Week.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    31,457
    Just saw a statistic that shows Opposing QBs have the worst QB Rating in the league when throwing to Richard Sherman at 35.7. Apparently QBs would actually have a higher QB Rating if instead of throwing to Sherman, they simply spiked the ball lol.

    Glad to see he's returned to form.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,956
    The fact that the 49ers cut Sam Young to make room for the kicker that they signed means that Joe Staley is definitely returning.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    DL used fewer games and less inside technique against Murray because he's a mobile QB ... I suspect they will do the same vs Seahawks.

    The 49ers should win if they play their game and minimize mistakes.

    Greenlaw is going to have Kwon in his ear for the extended week and should be okay replacing him, but I expect the run defense to suffer some.
    Kwon is pretty bad against the run, I'm not sure Greenlaw can get much worse. Where we're going to miss Kwon, other than the energy/leadership, is in the passing game. Kwon was great at covering TE's and RB's out of the backfield I'm not sure we can trust Greenlaw with the some responsibilities. He has the athleticism but doesn't have the instincts that Kwon has, mostly due to playing time.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,583
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    Kwon is pretty bad against the run, I'm not sure Greenlaw can get much worse. Where we're going to miss Kwon, other than the energy/leadership, is in the passing game. Kwon was great at covering TE's and RB's out of the backfield I'm not sure we can trust Greenlaw with the some responsibilities. He has the athleticism but doesn't have the instincts that Kwon has, mostly due to playing time.
    Kwon guesses wrong, but he does fill hard and with authority. From what I've seen that's not Greenlaw's strength while Greenlaw's coverage was pretty good.

    Either way, Tartt is going to get some more PT is my guess to help cover for Kwon.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Kwon guesses wrong, but he does fill hard and with authority. From what I've seen that's not Greenlaw's strength while Greenlaw's coverage was pretty good.

    Either way, Tartt is going to get some more PT is my guess to help cover for Kwon.
    Greenlaw used to play safety, so he definitely has the ability to cover. Besides the obvious of leadership and energy, the place that Greenlaw will lack the most when compared to Kwon is reading the play and reacting quickly. That will improve with experience.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Greenlaw used to play safety, so he definitely has the ability to cover. Besides the obvious of leadership and energy, the place that Greenlaw will lack the most when compared to Kwon is reading the play and reacting quickly. That will improve with experience.
    And that was my point, though I apparently was bad at saying it

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    7,454
    The seahawks *****... pretenders.
    It's time to start winning right?

    Playoffs and Championship droughts...


    SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

  14. #164
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,956
    The common criticism against Jimmy Garoppolo - both in this forum and in the media - has been his high number of interceptions. Through 20 starts, let's compare Jimmy's interceptions to three of the great QBs of the previous generation:

    Jimmy Garoppolo - 16 interceptions
    Tom Brady - 21 interceptions
    Drew Brees - 23 interceptions
    Peyton Manning - 34 interceptions

    In other words, chill out and give the guy some time to improve with experience.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,509
    Well, playing devils advocate, thats not exactly an apples to apples comparison...

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •