Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    The Rams and McVay have consistently devalued draft picks, in fact if you include Goff, they dumped first round picks every year. Instead of an unproven 1st rounder, they get a proven CB (among the best in the game).
    No, they are going with a proven CB over 2 unproven 1st rounders, a unproven 4th rounder, and 1 or 2 proven free agents that they won't be able to sign with the money that they'll have to pay Ramsey as the highest paid CB in the NFL in order to keep him beyond this year. For one player, they have likely cost themselves 4 or 5 quality starters on a team that has a lot of holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    No, they are going with a proven CB over 2 unproven 1st rounders, a unproven 4th rounder, and 1 or 2 proven free agents that they won't be able to sign with the money that they'll have to pay Ramsey as the highest paid CB in the NFL in order to keep him beyond this year. For one player, they have likely cost themselves 4 or 5 quality starters on a team that has a lot of holes.
    To piggyback off this, they're projected to have just about as much money next year to sign Ramsey if they intend to keep him.

So while their Def managed to stifle our offense (sans 3 key pieces), they're not going to be able to add anyone, maybe bottom of the barrel FAs.

I simply don't see the logic at all. It doesn't fix any major problem, so it's not win now, and if they wanna keep him its hardly win later.

This wasn't a very smart move for them. Ramsey is a pretty big upgrade over Peters, and the best CB in the league, it will help them a little this year but will hurt them in the very near future. Their biggest weakness this year has been their o-line, that may lose Whitworth(their best member of their OL), to retirement this offseason. I'm not sure how they expect to rebuild that o-line with so little cap space and no early picks...

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    B/c I'm a Lakers fan I listen to a lot of LA radio which forces me to listen to the latest in Rams land...

Peters metrics were bad this year, and so that was addition by subtraction. Ramsey is now their lock down CB and indications are that they will keep him.

The Rams and McVay have consistently devalued draft picks, in fact if you include Goff, they dumped first round picks every year. Instead of an unproven 1st rounder, they get a proven CB (among the best in the game).

The Rams network is stating that none of these moves address the real weakness on the team. With one less effective (LT), they lost Noteboom for the year in our game, and lost another lineman to retirement, and another to free agency. Plus Gurley will never be the same, so they'll have to address their offense.

As for the Rams being "screwed" b/c they're dumping picks... that remains to be seen. Their D shut down our offense, probably our lowest offensive production for the year. Granted, Kyle stepped off the gas in the 4th quarter when he realized only turnovers will beat the 49ers on that sunday.

I guess the Rams philosophy is in contrary to the 49ers philosphy. Is this a classic case of the hare and tortoise?
    Supposedly Shanahan's scheme from the start was to grind on offense. Take a few player mistakes away and it's 37-7.

I hear we are desperate for a WR? Any truth to this?

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I think they are looking at what's out there, but I think every team does it every year.

Armstead killing it.

https://twitter.com/lombardihimself/...750310400?s=21

May get Witherspoon, Staley, and Nelson back for next game.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I haven't seen it from any legit sources. It's more from the rumor mill guys like Rapoport and PFT.

I'm hoping that we don't. That would kill any chance of keeping Armstead. I'd much rather wait out Trent Taylor and roll more cap into next year to re-sign our guys than trade for Emmanuel Sanders for a one-year rental.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Armstead killing it.

https://twitter.com/lombardihimself/...750310400?s=21

May get Witherspoon, Staley, and Nelson back for next game.
    Nelson should be back for sure. I'm guessing that Witherspoon is more likely for Carolina and Staley for Arizona. It's also possible that we can get McGlinchy and Juszczyk back by the Seattle game.

Nelson should be back for sure. I'm guessing that Witherspoon is more likely for Carolina and Staley for Arizona. It's also possible that we can get McGlinchy and Juszczyk back by the Seattle game.
    Taylor is possible too in 2-3 weeks I think.

The only issue with getting Nelson back is that I got the impression the 49ers were not happy with him, so don't know if they will rush him back.

For all of the Jimmy Garoppolo haters in here... Jimmy has now started 16 NFL games, the equivalent of a full season. Over those 16 games, his record is 14-2. He has completed 66% of his passes for 4,094 yards, 25 TDs, 14 interceptions, and a 97.5 QB rating. I'd say that is a pretty damn good first year for an NFL QB. You'll be hard pressed to find many QBs who put up better numbers over their first 16 starts.

For all of the Jimmy Garoppolo haters in here... Jimmy has now started 16 NFL games, the equivalent of a full season. Over those 16 games, his record is 14-2. He has completed 66% of his passes for 4,094 yards, 25 TDs, 14 interceptions, and a 97.5 QB rating. I'd say that is a pretty damn good first year for an NFL QB. You'll be hard pressed to find many QBs who put up better numbers over their first 16 starts.
    And to add to this, for those who worry about the cap hit, he's 10th in average per year right now with at minimum Mahomes, Jackson, Dak and Watson all set to top that in short order. I would like to see some improvement, but he's rarely going to be expected to carry the team like a Rodgers.

Hes a good game manager. Alex Smith could run this offense had to bring him up

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    And to add to this, for those who worry about the cap hit, he's 10th in average per year right now with at minimum Mahomes, Jackson, Dak and Watson all set to top that in short order. I would like to see some improvement, but he's rarely going to be expected to carry the team like a Rodgers.
    I agree, but he's shown flashes that make him look like he might grow to be good enough to occasionally carry a team.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast