Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Remember when people were arguing that BDN is nowhere near as good as Garoppolo?

Yes, it’s the Giants. But he also doesn’t have any of the weapons JG has grown accustomed to. Mullens looks like the more confident player, seems capable of making more throws, and isn’t conservative with his WRs.

No Kittle, no Deebo, no Mostert, no Coleman, no Jordan Reed - no problem.

Not trolling here, just saying, there’s certainly an argument to be had here.
    The difference between the 2 is pretty night and day to me. That game would’ve been over before half with Jimmy in.

I don’t see the confidence thing at all. He was shaky most of the first half and was late/behind with quite a few throws. He started heating up when the game was long decided imo. Good outing, but this shouldn’t create a controversy whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Greedy22 View Post
    The difference between the 2 is pretty night and day to me. That game would’ve been over before half with Jimmy in.

I don’t see the confidence thing at all. He was shaky most of the first half and was late/behind with quite a few throws. He started heating up when the game was long decided imo. Good outing, but this shouldn’t create a controversy whatsoever.

Dude, the guy hadn’t started a game in 2 years and turned in a hell of a game - even with a ground game that was going nowhere most of the time.

Jimmy gets a lot of excuses on this board even when criticism is most certainly warranted. Hell, if he had started today and didn’t put the game away in the first half, everyone would be crowing over the injuries and lack of support on the offensive side of the ball.

Mullens looked shaky to start his first game in 2 years? I could provide a plethora of mistakes JG has made as a starter either because he was rattled, under duress, or simply can’t make certain throws...

I’m not suggesting there’s a QB controversy, JG definitely has a better tool kit, but there’s certainly an argument to be made that Mullens might be better at making the most of the tools he does have and that keeps him relevant in this conversation. They’re not as far apart as some would suggest, IMO
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”

- Carl Sagan

Yeah, I don't see the controversy at all. He's a real good backup. I'm glad they have him, but Jimmy is a big step better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    Yeah, I don't see the controversy at all. He's a real good backup. I'm glad they have him, but Jimmy is a big step better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Exactly how I see it.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617