Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

2020 Training Camp Thread

Discuss Training Camp news, notes and observations here.

As a reminder, there will not be preseason games this year and there is a reduction in camp bodies due to Covid-19

Last year Tartt played a lot as a LB, but now with a healthy Kown and experienced Greenlaw and Fred becoming one of the best LBs in the game I wonder how that is going to change the scheme and playing time

Watching national media I've seen a lot of talk that makes it clear they think the 49ers WR corps is a disaster. I'm much more optimistic than they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Watching national media I've seen a lot of talk that makes it clear they think the 49ers WR corps is a disaster. I'm much more optimistic than they are.
    Yeah, I mean, the nationally broadcast pundits are looking from a bird’s eye; can’t really blame them. These are the stories they see...

Deebo - May not make it for week one
    Pettis - Trying to pull himself out of the crapper
    Hurd - Out with ACL
    Taylor - missed all of last year
    Aiyuk - looks better than advertised but still a rookie and may also miss week one
    Reed - Can he stay healthy?

The narrative is largely about health; to be quite honest, it does look like a train wreck.

However... we still have George Kittle and Jordan “f’ing” Reed is our number 2 TE. Deebo is making progress and may play in week 1. Aiyuk has a legitimate shot at being a solid number 2 from the jump. Taylor does seem back to full health.

Lots of questions to start the year, for sure, but plenty of reason for optimism too, especially as the season progresses and we start returning guys to the field at 100%.
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”

- Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Yeah, I mean, the nationally broadcast pundits are looking from a bird’s eye; can’t really blame them. These are the stories they see...

Deebo - May not make it for week one
    Pettis - Trying to pull himself out of the crapper
    Hurd - Out with ACL
    Taylor - missed all of last year
    Aiyuk - looks better than advertised but still a rookie and may also miss week one
    Reed - Can he stay healthy?

The narrative is largely about health; to be quite honest, it does look like a train wreck.

However... we still have George Kittle and Jordan “f’ing” Reed is our number 2 TE. Deebo is making progress and may play in week 1. Aiyuk has a legitimate shot at being a solid number 2 from the jump. Taylor does seem back to full health.

Lots of questions to start the year, for sure, but plenty of reason for optimism too, especially as the season progresses and we start returning guys to the field at 100%.
    They add Austin went to IR (like he was going to be a significant contributor), and Bourne never gets any respect.

It's not a typical strong WR corps for sure, but Taylor was really good when he played and has been working with Wes for a while now so he should be MUCH better. Samuel the 2nd half of last year was a beast and he stepped it up more in the playoffs. And Jet is going to be catching passes too.

They don't have much name recognition, but there is perfect talent for Shanahan and Shanahan is brilliant at using the kind of talent they provide.