Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Your facts of the day that myopics like lefty choose to ignore...

1) Of the coaches hired in 2017, Kyle is 1 of 2 that have made it to the Super Bowl; 1 of 5 coaches in all of football who have done so.

2) Of the coaches hired in 2017, Kyle inherited the team that performed most poorly in 2016 and performed the most significant roster restructuring.

3) No team has been bit by injury more than the 2020 49ers

4) Kyle through his first four seasons has a .453 winning percentage and 1 SB appearance (loss)
    Bill Walsh through his first four seasons had a .421 winning percentage and 1 SB appearance (win)

I find irony in the idea that someone would accuse me of being myopic while, in the same breath, presenting a myopic argument.

EDIT (Copy paste error: Walsh SB = win)

Did you just compare Bill Walsh to Kyle Shanahan...... ahahahah... you must be in the 5th grade.

Kyle Shanahan sees genius in wait for it... Brian Hoyer. CJ Beatherd. Nick Mullens, and can't stay on the field Jimmy G. wait wait wait... 6th round pick always loses Kirk Cousins.

Not all of us have doctorates, but I didn't know I was arguing with a meter maid...

So let's digest more..

Anthony Lynn was just fired. He has a better coaching record than Kyle Shanahan. FACT.

Kyle is a master choke artist. He chokes more than I've ever seen. ****... he just choked a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter YESTERDAY!!!

Did he marry your mom? Why kiss his ***?

is he better than Saleh?

He has Stevie Wonder's eye for talent especially at the QB and WR position.

As much as you think I'm a moron, just remember this one simple fact. I'm not the one losing games dipshit. It's Kyle Shanahan and his regime..

5/6 seasons... losing records.

Keep hope alive with SB appearances.... the Bills cling to that loser bull **** since the 90's.
    It's time to start winning right?

Playoffs and Championship droughts...

SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

Your facts of the day that myopics like lefty choose to ignore...

1) Of the coaches hired in 2017, Kyle is 1 of 2 that have made it to the Super Bowl; 1 of 5 coaches in all of football who have done so.
    Oooh... runner up!! when's the parade? I see your lowered expectations and raise you 3 losing seasons.

2) Of the coaches hired in 2017, Kyle inherited the team that performed most poorly in 2016 and performed the most significant roster restructuring.
    so you're saying he hasn't put up yet... how many more years do you want to give him? Do you expect a perennial contender ever? Or just one season in 10 will suffice? you should study the Rams a little more, your ignroance in this statement is quite apparent.

3) No team has been bit by injury more than the 2020 49ers
    Maybe Kyle acquires injury prone players? What was your bs excuse in 2018....wait for it... injuries? Didnt' they lose Kittle, Bosa, and two Tackles last year??? OMG... soft is a defense?

4) Kyle through his first four seasons has a .453 winning percentage and 1 SB appearance (loss)
    Bill Walsh through his first four seasons had a .421 winning percentage and 1 SB appearance (win)
    This is too ****ing ********. Bill Walsh won a SB in year 3. Kyle is once again blessed with a top 12 pick in year 4. That's 4 consecutive years if you haven't been counting.

I find irony in the idea that someone would accuse me of being myopic while, in the same breath, presenting a myopic argument.

EDIT (Copy paste error: Walsh SB = win)
    I find it comical that I could stink as bad as Kyle and you would be right there kissing my ***.... If they hired me tomorrow, you'd find the good light and kiss my *** for 4+ years as I burned the team... oh wait, I wouldnt allow for 3/4 losing season and top 12 picks year after year after year after year after year.

You'll learn this eventually, but there's a reason why I'm giving Kyle a pass next year. I expect him to be mediocre.

Just remember this niner fans. They keep losing... you can keep making excuses...

Eventually you won't? Nah... just keep kissing the *** of a billion dollar organization that loses more than it wins since the Yorks took over.

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Just remember this niner fans. They keep losing... you can keep making excuses...

Eventually you won't? Nah... just keep kissing the *** of a billion dollar organization that loses more than it wins since the Yorks took over.
    Every organization has but the patriots. Try again

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Man, I guess I struck a nerve

Not all of us have doctorates, but I didn't know I was arguing with a meter maid
    You know whatís funny about this? Your doctorate makes you no more qualified to debate sports than a meter maid or a police officer, or a housewife, or ____ (fill in the blank)

Your willingness to throw out your ďdoctorateĒ in an anonymous sports forum, however, is indicative of some pretty major character flaws potentially bordering mental health issues; narcissism, megalomania, perhaps a crippling superiority complex that causes you to lose debates because of a belief that your titles and degrees actually matter in arguments where they hold zero relevance?

Seriously though, Iím super happy that your graduate degree gives you a higher sense of self worth as you never fail to attempt shielding yourself with it...

It just holds no weight here. I mean, I could list my accomplishments and degrees too, but I wonít... because itís pathetic...

I could tell you that I have 3 degrees relating to sports, business and physical health, but I wonít... I could tell you that Iíve sent 4 QBís, 9 RBs, 8 WRs to the NFL combine in the last 3 years, but I wonít. I could tell you that I have undefeated records in Pop Warner, JC, and 6 years straight in my Fantasy Football league, but I wonít... because aside from the fact that none of this is true, itís all absolutely irrelevant and - even if it were - it would still be pathetic to say aloud.

Now, if you will allow yourself to put aside the personal attacks against a stranger on the internet, then maybe we could have a productive debate.

Did you just compare Bill Walsh to Kyle Shanahan......
    Yes, I did (I guess your ďdoctorateĒ didnít teach you that questions should end in a question mark, not whatever the **** you use a double ellipses for).

And I did it because their records are nearly identical over their first four years with Kyle being a little better in the regular season. And yes, Walsh won and SB in his 3rd season, Kyle lost one in his, but you canít argue that Kyle should be fired because Anthony Lynn had a better *regular season* record without also acknowledging that Kyle has a better regular season record than Walsh did through 4 years. You donít get to cherry pick arguments, Doc.

You also canít say Walsh sucked simply because of his record through 4 seasons. I hate to break it you, but the same principle applies to Kyle. Context is everything and losing half of your team does matter.

Kyle Shanahan sees genius in wait for it... Brian Hoyer. CJ Beatherd. Nick Mullens, and can't stay on the field Jimmy G. wait wait wait... 6th round pick always loses Kirk Cousins.
    Beathard, Mullens, and Hoyer are backup QBs. Iím not a JG guy, but when Kyle has him, heís got a record of 22-8 (24-9 if you count the playoffs).

Give me a list of coaches who could lose their starting QB and not have a worse record as a result (and I donít mean those who had the luxury of replacing their starter with another hall of famer like going from Montana to Young).

Kyle is a master choke artist. He chokes more than I've ever seen. ****... he just choked a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter YESTERDAY!!!
    Wow, doc, doth mine eyes deceive me or is this the first reasonable argument youíve made? Still, of course, rife with ad-hominem attacks, but I see you are incapable of presenting arguments devoid of such non-sense so I will just continue to ignore them and discuss the topics.

ďMaster chokerĒ is probably going a bit far and I really couldnít care less about losing with a 3rd string QB, 4th string RB, and a remaining ensemble consisting of largely second stringers in week 17 of a season where we had nothing to lose but draft position.

However, you may have a point here, doc, as he did fail to close out in the 2020 Super Bowl. But the reality is heís still a young coach and if we donít give him the slack to be able to fix the occasional lack of ability to close a game strong, then he likely irons those wrinkles out with another football team and wins his SBs elsewhere.

Did he marry your mom? Why kiss his ***?
    No, but he did give it to her real sweet-like.

is he better than Saleh?
    I donít know, is he? I would say yes, but I havenít seen Saleh as a head coach.

Who would you replace Kyle with?

As much as you think I'm a moron, just remember this one simple fact. I'm not the one losing games dipshit. It's Kyle Shanahan and his regime..
    Never said you were a moron - and I wouldnít do that... Though you should seriously consider talking with someone about those mental health concerns, doc.

Keep hope alive with SB appearances.... the Bills cling to that loser bull **** since the 90's.
    The Bills met better teams each year, with the exception of the first year. They got stomped by a Redskins team that was 1st in points scored and 2nd in points allowed, then they ran into the first 2 years of the Cowboys dynasty. The only team they shouldíve beaten was the Giants.

That was a very successful four year run. I mean, would you rather have 4 straight SB appearances, or zero SB appearances?

I hope youíre not suggesting replacing KS with Jimmy Johnson? Barry Switzer anyone?
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 01-05-2021 at 03:05 PM.

If Dee Ford retires, does his dead cap still count towards the team?

If he cant play next year, I hope he does retire, instead of just collecting checks and hurting the team, strapping their payroll.

Doubtful IMO he ever plays again, back problems don't just all of a sudden stop

Quote Originally Posted by PayDaPiper View Post
    If Dee Ford retires, does his dead cap still count towards the team?

If he cant play next year, I hope he does retire, instead of just collecting checks and hurting the team, strapping their payroll.

Doubtful IMO he ever plays again, back problems don't just all of a sudden stop
    My understanding is that, from an accounting perspective, retirements work the same way as a standard cut and the June 1st rule still applies. The difference only seems to be that when a player is cut his contract is terminated and the player can go wherever he wants, but with a retirement the player is still technically under contract and, if he decides to un-retire, he will still be obligated to play out the remaining years of the agreement.

I donít see him coming back in either case. If he doesnít retire, heíll be cut with the Niners officially processing the move after June 1 to spread the hit over two years.
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.Ē

- Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    Just get used to it .
    If the 49ers won a superbowl he'll still say KS is crap.

Anyways. Beathard had an ok game, but most of his completion streak were near the end when the Hawks were playing prevent . Still wouldn't mind him getting another crack at it, but I'd like to see Rosen too. Also the DLine was none existent. I think Kerry Hyders sack total is deceiving. He really does not have good moves to get the QB. Secondary played very well so did the linebackers. All in all I agree with KS. I just want the players back HEALTHY!

12th pick is ours
    What would you do with the 12th pick?

Itís an interesting year. There are 3-4 potentially franchise altering QBs but they are all likely to go in the top 10! Lol

Do we trade up? Fill the spot with an FA or trade and use the 12th to get secondary help? CB is also loaded so we could realistically grab a high potential starter in the 2nd round.

It will be interesting to see how we plan to patch holes in FA. Iíd like to bring Verrett back for sure. He was great this year.
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.Ē

- Carl Sagan

My understanding is that, from an accounting perspective, retirements work the same way as a standard cut and the June 1st rule still applies. The difference only seems to be that when a player is cut his contract is terminated and the player can go wherever he wants, but with a retirement the player is still technically under contract and, if he decides to un-retire, he will still be obligated to play out the remaining years of the agreement.

I donít see him coming back in either case. If he doesnít retire, heíll be cut with the Niners officially processing the move after June 1 to spread the hit over two years.
    Makes sense, thanks for the info.

What would you do with the 12th pick?

Itís an interesting year. There are 3-4 potentially franchise altering QBs but they are all likely to go in the top 10! Lol

Do we trade up? Fill the spot with an FA or trade and use the 12th to get secondary help? CB is also loaded so we could realistically grab a high potential starter in the 2nd round.

It will be interesting to see how we plan to patch holes in FA. Iíd like to bring Verrett back for sure. He was great this year.
    Very hard to say

I would think knowing Lynch he'll pull a rabbit out of the hat as he has done before, but for me I think there's plenty of QBs available like a Matt Ryan, Stafford ... or maybe Aaron Rodgers or Darnold through trade... so I'd take an Edge rusher like Dee Ford or a CB . In the later rounds I say OL and LB

49ers lost Saleh but got 2021 and 2022 3rd round picks!

DeMeco Ryans I think can hold the fort!

49ers lost Saleh but got 2021 and 2022 3rd round picks!

DeMeco Ryans I think can hold the fort!
    That's great news were gonna need more draft capitol after we trade for Deshaun Watson

Edit before I cause a heart attack somewhere I'm just praying for him.
    Vancouver Canucks
    Toronto Blue Jays
    San Francisco 49's

Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    That's great news were gonna need more draft capitol after we trade for Deshaun Watson

Edit before I cause a heart attack somewhere I'm just praying for him.
    I think about every teams fanbase is praying.

If we do, that'd be pretty amazing. I think I read that he's fairly cheap this year too?

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I think about every teams fanbase is praying.

If we do, that'd be pretty amazing. I think I read that he's fairly cheap this year too?
    You're probably gonna hate me for saying this but Asking price is pretty steep and there's other quarterbacks that can fit !

You're probably gonna hate me for saying this but Asking price is pretty steep and there's other quarterbacks that can fit !
    Nope, I agree with you. I honestly feel Andy Dalton would be a good fit. As good as JG and would cost 15 million less. Trade JG for a couple of 2nd round picks to perhaps the Patriots or Redskins. Then have what, 11? 12 picks in the draft? Draft a guy like Jones or Trask in the 2nd or 3rd round and sign Dalton to a 2 year deal.

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast