Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    We can't afford it. I think Jordan Willis can do well opposite Bosa
    How did the 49ers become the team in cap hell after all the niner fans were mocking the Rams a couple years ago?

They actually went for superstars, the niners pass on all of them and are now staring at 40 free agents and a 20 million cap reduction.

That window closed fast!

I think the newer window might be better when Deebo/Aiyuk/Kinlaw hit their peak in 2022. They'll need a QB on a rookie deal.

The rookie QB's this year have outperformed Jimmy G/Mullens/Beatherd.
    It's time to start winning right?

Playoffs and Championship droughts...

SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    So... while the Saleh hire was not met with effusive praise, hes actually been very good for us...

And now, with the dearth of coaching competence around the league - Gase, Pederson, Patricia (fired), Marrone, Nagy, Fangio, etc., Im sort of worried were going to lose him to an HC role somewhere (rumors of the Lions interest are circulating).

I dont know that hes ready for something like that, and hed likely be headed for a bad situation wherever he goes, but that doesnt mean he wont be offered and/or wont accept.

Maybe I need to be talked off a cliff here, but I think Saleh is becoming a great DC and it would suck to lose him.

What do you guys think? Big deal or nah?

Who could we replace him with that wont likely get/take an HC role elsewhere (NCAA included)?

Maybe Patricia?
    Dan Quinn is the most logical choice. Same system. But Saleh's D is being massively exposed tonight on national TV. Maybe that scares Detroit away.

But Kyle's teams have been much better on D than his "O"... so if anything, its time for Kyle to beef up his offense; b/c its simply not good enough. Not durable enough. Not explosive enough. Too soft to be considered a legit SB contender. Their D got them there last year; not their O.

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    So... while the Saleh hire was not met with effusive praise, hes actually been very good for us...

And now, with the dearth of coaching competence around the league - Gase, Pederson, Patricia (fired), Marrone, Nagy, Fangio, etc., Im sort of worried were going to lose him to an HC role somewhere (rumors of the Lions interest are circulating).

I dont know that hes ready for something like that, and hed likely be headed for a bad situation wherever he goes, but that doesnt mean he wont be offered and/or wont accept.

Maybe I need to be talked off a cliff here, but I think Saleh is becoming a great DC and it would suck to lose him.

What do you guys think? Big deal or nah?

Who could we replace him with that wont likely get/take an HC role elsewhere (NCAA included)?

Maybe Patricia?
    Losing Saleh would be a pretty big deal

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Dan Quinn is the most logical choice. Same system. But Saleh's D is being massively exposed tonight on national TV. Maybe that scares Detroit away.

But Kyle's teams have been much better on D than his "O"... so if anything, its time for Kyle to beef up his offense; b/c its simply not good enough. Not durable enough. Not explosive enough. Too soft to be considered a legit SB contender. Their D got them there last year; not their O.
    With the amount of significant injuries this team has suffered, I'm 100% giving shanny a pass this year. I get you hate him, but I think hes a phenomenal play caller, but he does tend to make bad decisions from time to time.

I think with a healthy defense, we would be running all over the bills tonight. Bosa is that much of a difference maker. And Armstead needs to be on the inside, end of story.

Our Qb next year better not be on the roster this year. Hell, I'd be ok with bringing in Fitzpatrick over these 3 guys.

Stafford/Ryan/Darnold/Wentz/Taylor/Alex Smith are all guys that should be available and I'd prefer all of them to the guys we have. JG can go back to NE. Give his money to Stafford and draft a corner in the first round. Tart is ridiculously important too. Moore showed just how important too.

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Dan Quinn would be pretty damn nice

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

I thought about Dan Quinn myself, but I feel like hell get himself another lucrative HC job elsewhere.

Dan Quinn!!

I'm not a fan of Saleh ..

With the amount of significant injuries this team has suffered, I'm 100% giving shanny a pass this year. I get you hate him, but I think hes a phenomenal play caller, but he does tend to make bad decisions from time to time.

I think with a healthy defense, we would be running all over the bills tonight. Bosa is that much of a difference maker. And Armstead needs to be on the inside, end of story.

Our Qb next year better not be on the roster this year. Hell, I'd be ok with bringing in Fitzpatrick over these 3 guys.

Stafford/Ryan/Darnold/Wentz/Taylor/Alex Smith are all guys that should be available and I'd prefer all of them to the guys we have. JG can go back to NE. Give his money to Stafford and draft a corner in the first round. Tart is ridiculously important too. Moore showed just how important too.

In 2020, its now a passing scoring offensive league where the D doesn't have much of a chance. So even when the Bills faced the #6 D in football, they had no problem putting up 450 yards of offense and scoring TD's on mostly every possession with the greatest of ease. They've done that to many many teams this year.

Even with Bosa, the Bills handle the 49ers quite easily. Kyle admitted he expected a shoot out. It's just that his QB sucks, all of them.

Kyle also gets a pass for 2018. So he sure gets a lot of passes. Guess what. I'm actually giving Kyle a pass next year. There's no way they compete next year b/c either a) they keep Jimmy; he gets hurt or exposes himself to be a fraud or b) they start with a new QB learning a new system with a 20 million cap reduction and 40 free agents, which means the team will be exactly what it has been this year, except the players won't be hurt/covid, they'll be elsewhere.

I haven't hated Kyle. I thought when he was hired at best he would be an above average coach, maybe build a perennial winner, but not a SB champion. At present, I now seriously question if he's even an above average coach. He has a losing record after 4 seasons, and the coaches hired at the same time have been winning all this time, like McVay or McDermott.

What a ****ing idiot to think KS isn't a good head coach. Like real smooth brain level thinking. But lefty has been the dunce on the short bus of every ****ing forum he's posted in so it's not a surprise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    What a ****ing idiot to think KS isn't a good head coach. Like real smooth brain level thinking. But lefty has been the dunce on the short bus of every ****ing forum he's posted in so it's not a surprise.

It's annoying that anyone can put this on shanny at all. But kyle will be extended and be here much muuuuch longer. His play calling is amazing. He hasn't had one snap this year with JG/Mostert/Kittle/Deebo/Aiyuk all on the field. Imagine when he does...doesnt have to be JG either. Can be a new Qb

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Shanahan is the best offensive coach we've had in a while, his only flaw is his clock management and he at times shoddy play calling.

And yes ... the 49ers need a new QB next year . I have no hate on JG, but I think a mobile QB is much better!

Losing Saleh would be a pretty big deal

Nah. Here's why.

1) the system is the seahawks system and Kyle's buddy Dan Quinn is now available. There isn't anything special that Saleh does that say Quinn won't do.

2) the 49ers will receive a 3rd round pick compensatory if Saleh leaves. Since they surrendered one in the Williams deal this works out ok. If Saleh takes a GM spot from SF, that's another 3rd round pick but probably next year.

3) With a team decimated by injuries Saleh has shown to be quite good against most of the NFL. His D ranks among the best in football and has so without two edge rushers, and their secondary struggling. But facing any elite QB this year, and his defense has wilted. With a healthy Bosa, Kyler Murray did just fine. Aaron Rodgers, Josh Allen put up 30+ on them. Even Ryan Fitzpatrick lit them up. Patrick Mahomes put up 30+ in the Superbowl on them. He leads a competent playoff worthy defense, but his absence isn't significant. Maybe even Fangio is available in the offseason; and if so, I'd take him back easily. I preferred his defense vs. Wilson/scrambling QB's than Saleh's.

Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post

95.7 game is hammering Kyle... You'll figure it out. But probably 2 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    Shanahan is the best offensive coach we've had in a while, his only flaw is his clock management and he at times shoddy play calling.

And yes ... the 49ers need a new QB next year . I have no hate on JG, but I think a mobile QB is much better!
    We must be watching different games if you think Kyle's only flaw is clock management. Here are the facts, I'll await your excuses.

1. Since Kyle has been coach, he is 0-24 when trailing by 7 points in the 2nd half. That means, Kyle's teams have not come from behind in any game he's coached over close to 4 years.

2. He has a career losing record as head coach after 4 years.

3. He's never had a 1000 yard WR since taking the job, and he drafts WR's pretty much every year. Richie James, Dante Pettis, Jalen Hurd, Deebo Samuel, Juan Jennings, and Brandon Aiyuk.

4. He's an offensive mind, but some of his best players on offense are an undrafted RB, undrafted #3 WR Bourne, and undrafted Nick Mullens. He's chosen these guys. He traded up to draft CJ Beatherd in the 3rd round, and has so much confidence in him, that he won't play him. Either he can play or he can't. If he can't, why is he on the roster? He had an opportunity to see both of these players in 2018. He decided that Mullens proves to be the best option at the back up QB. You must agree with him.

5. His teams this year have lost to presently 4 backup QB's... Fitz, Winston, Haskins, Wentz.

Kyle has many many flaws. I mean when your teams lose 10+ games in 3/4 seasons... there has to be some flaws.

Go check McVays career record. Then how about McDermott.

6. downsos, hardcore and rap are suffering from recency bias. I don't hold it against you. You are used to putrid offenses, and so mediocre ones make you think he's a "good" or even "great" playcaller. I don't know how much math or science you took; even you even took a college statistics course, but this is the data. Kyle's offenses in 4 seasons. 2020. 14th in offense, 20th in points (average to below average with respect to the league. 2019. 4th in offense, 2nd in points (elite level). 2018. 16th in offense, and 21st in points (avg/below avg). 2017. 12th in offense, and 20th in points (above average, below average).

4 years. One year elite. 3 years sub-optimal. Which is the outlier?

Like I said, recency bias. Tomsula/Kelly and even Harbaugh had far below offenses, and some bordering on the worst in football. So an upgrade from 27-32nd to 15-21st seems like amazing!

We must be watching different games if you think Kyle's only flaw is clock management. Here are the facts, I'll await your excuses.

1. Since Kyle has been coach, he is 0-24 when trailing by 7 points in the 2nd half. That means, Kyle's teams have not come from behind in any game he's coached over close to 4 years.

2. He has a career losing record as head coach after 4 years.

3. He's never had a 1000 yard WR since taking the job, and he drafts WR's pretty much every year. Richie James, Dante Pettis, Jalen Hurd, Deebo Samuel, Juan Jennings, and Brandon Aiyuk.

4. He's an offensive mind, but some of his best players on offense are an undrafted RB, undrafted #3 WR Bourne, and undrafted Nick Mullens. He's chosen these guys. He traded up to draft CJ Beatherd in the 3rd round, and has so much confidence in him, that he won't play him. Either he can play or he can't. If he can't, why is he on the roster? He had an opportunity to see both of these players in 2018. He decided that Mullens proves to be the best option at the back up QB. You must agree with him.

5. His teams this year have lost to presently 4 backup QB's... Fitz, Winston, Haskins, Wentz.

Kyle has many many flaws. I mean when your teams lose 10+ games in 3/4 seasons... there has to be some flaws.

Go check McVays career record. Then how about McDermott.

6. downsos, hardcore and rap are suffering from recency bias. I don't hold it against you. You are used to putrid offenses, and so mediocre ones make you think he's a "good" or even "great" playcaller. I don't know how much math or science you took; even you even took a college statistics course, but this is the data. Kyle's offenses in 4 seasons. 2020. 14th in offense, 20th in points (average to below average with respect to the league. 2019. 4th in offense, 2nd in points (elite level). 2018. 16th in offense, and 21st in points (avg/below avg). 2017. 12th in offense, and 20th in points (above average, below average).

4 years. One year elite. 3 years sub-optimal. Which is the outlier?

Like I said, recency bias. Tomsula/Kelly and even Harbaugh had far below offenses, and some bordering on the worst in football. So an upgrade from 27-32nd to 15-21st seems like amazing!
    He took over a very bad team year 1. Year 2 his starting Qb tore his ACL. Year 3, superbowl. Year 4 Qb, WR, TE, Top 2 pass rushers and best corners out for significant amount of time. Yet this teams offense still moves the ball as and puts up points. Shanny is a very good coach.

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast