Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Kyle Juszczyk is not replaceable. He has a unique skillset that nobody else in the NFL has. That's why Lunch and Shanahan were willing to pay him so much more than every other FB makes. They'll probably line TEs up in the FB spot and most likely use formations with a FB significantly less than before.
    My guess is that there will be a whole bunch of different people in the backfield over the next few weeks. 2 RBs, TEs, WRs, maybe even some OGs back there. Shanahan will be messing with people using that spot is my guess.

Mostly Dwelley though.

With the way Atlanta's season going right now, they maybe thinking of trading some players for draft picks. If they called up the Niners and offered Julio Jones for a first and third rounder, is that something you would do?

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    With the way Atlanta's season going right now, they maybe thinking of trading some players for draft picks. If they called up the Niners and offered Julio Jones for a first and third rounder, is that something you would do?
    For a 31 year old WR ... I don't think so even though he's been very healthy ... Just too many WRs fall off not long after their 33rd birthday. Maybe a 2nd and a 3rd?

Uh... Ramsey to the Rams...

Iíll give them one thing; they are aggressive AF in the trade market.

On the other hand, losing the next two first round picks probably just screwed them. They have too many holes on the offensive side to pay such a steep price on a free agent to be CB, even if they do somehow extend him, regardless of how good he is.
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 10-15-2019 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Uh... Ramsey to the Rams...

Iíll give them one thing; they are aggressive AF in the trade market.

On the other hand, losing the next two first round picks probably just screwed them. They have too many holes on the offensive side to pay such a steep price on a free agent to be CB, even if they do somehow extend him, regardless of how good he is.
    It was a desperation move. Their "aggressiveness" in trading and free agency cost them a lot already. They had to let half their starting offensive line walk in free agency last year plus other key players and didn't have the draft capital to replace them. I'm not sure how they're going to shore up the offensive line without any first round picks or cap space. They just ensured that our defensive line is going to kick their *** even longer.

It was a desperation move. Their "aggressiveness" in trading and free agency cost them a lot already. They had to let half their starting offensive line walk in free agency last year plus other key players and didn't have the draft capital to replace them. I'm not sure how they're going to shore up the offensive line without any first round picks or cap space. They just ensured that our defensive line is going to kick their *** even longer.
    Agreed - this was definitely in desperation.

I just looked it up and they have 41 players actually under contract for 2020 with 8 total draft picks - 7 coming in the 3rd round or later - for a total of 49 roster spots in the very best case scenario for them.

All of that included leaves them with a total of $24M in projected cap space.

Iím assuming theyíll need $20M, or close to, to extend Ramsey.

They need to get VERY creative if the want to both extend Ramsey and be competitive next year.

Make no mistake, that defense will be pretty sick the rest of the way this year, but unless they do something on the other side of the ball, then I think they just shot themselves in the foot

Totally missed that they got rid of Peters... what the hell are these guys doing? Lol

And they traded Peters on top of that, so they improve maybe alittle, but are still about where they were.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    And they traded Peters on top of that, so they improve maybe alittle, but are still about where they were.
    And down two picks... clearly they plan to pay Ramsey then, but why not just try to pay Peters and keep your two firsts?

Ramsey was a bad move before I learned about Peters. I assumed it was because they placed Talib on IR. IMO, itís an abysmal move in light of Peters being traded

Hell, Ramsey is highly likely to see FA if the Rams donít trade for him, why not just keep Peters, wait the year out, and see Ramsey on the open market?
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 10-15-2019 at 10:48 PM.

And down two picks... clearly they plan to pay Ramsey then, but why not just try to pay Peters and keep your two firsts?

Ramsey was a bad move before I learned about Peters. I assumed it was because they placed Talib on IR. IMO, itís an abysmal move in light of Peters being traded

Hell, Ramsey is highly likely to see FA if the Rams donít trade for him, why not just keep Peters, wait the year out, and see Ramsey on the open market?
    Only thing I can think is that they view Ramsey as a higher level player (maybe?) and a better fit.

There really isn't much that makes sense from an outside fan perspective. All I know is that their cap and pick situations are bleak and they still have an OL that our DL will likely dominate for the foreseeable future.

Agreed - this was definitely in desperation.

I just looked it up and they have 41 players actually under contract for 2020 with 8 total draft picks - 7 coming in the 3rd round or later - for a total of 49 roster spots in the very best case scenario for them.

All of that included leaves them with a total of $24M in projected cap space.

Iím assuming theyíll need $20M, or close to, to extend Ramsey.

They need to get VERY creative if the want to both extend Ramsey and be competitive next year.

Make no mistake, that defense will be pretty sick the rest of the way this year, but unless they do something on the other side of the ball, then I think they just shot themselves in the foot
    Ramsey isn't the only player that they'll have to extend. Brockers, Littleton, Fowler, and Talib are among their free agents. My guess is that they let Talib and Fowler walk in free agency. Even so, they have to cut/restructure some other play and after extending Ramsey, Brockers, and Littleton they'll use a most of that space and likely won't be able to do much in free agency. I'm not sure how they're planning to address the offensive line, especially with Whitworth their starting LT hitting free agency as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I think that the Ramsey trade was bad for the Rams, but to their credit, Marcus Peters hasn't been good for them. He gets the occasional interception, but he also gets beat A LOT. He's not the elite CB fans make him out to be.

You would think having the worst rated line in the NFL and just losing their LG for the season they'd look to pick up some line help first rather than replace a pro-bowl CB with a different CB. They have made several really questionable decisions over the last few years for their future. It's like they think they HAVE to win this year.

The Rams are built to win this year and maybe next year, but at 3-3 and things not looking good offensively, I'm not sure how much of a difference a guy like Ramsey makes. Goff will have a cap hit of $36M next season. Aaron Donald will be at $25M. Gurley at $17M and Cooks at $16M. I'm not sure they can afford to pay Ramsey beyond his current contract, which expires after next season. Cooper Kupp will be a free agent after next season as well. They've given up their chance at getting young, cheap talent that can help their team by trading away their next few first round picks. So this is the roster they're stuck with for a while and if doesn't work out, then they'll be back at the bottom of the barrel for quite some time.

B/c I'm a Lakers fan I listen to a lot of LA radio which forces me to listen to the latest in Rams land...

Peters metrics were bad this year, and so that was addition by subtraction. Ramsey is now their lock down CB and indications are that they will keep him.

The Rams and McVay have consistently devalued draft picks, in fact if you include Goff, they dumped first round picks every year. Instead of an unproven 1st rounder, they get a proven CB (among the best in the game).

The Rams network is stating that none of these moves address the real weakness on the team. With one less effective (LT), they lost Noteboom for the year in our game, and lost another lineman to retirement, and another to free agency. Plus Gurley will never be the same, so they'll have to address their offense.

As for the Rams being "screwed" b/c they're dumping picks... that remains to be seen. Their D shut down our offense, probably our lowest offensive production for the year. Granted, Kyle stepped off the gas in the 4th quarter when he realized only turnovers will beat the 49ers on that sunday.

I guess the Rams philosophy is in contrary to the 49ers philosphy. Is this a classic case of the hare and tortoise?
    It's time to start winning right?

Playoffs and Championship droughts...

SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast