Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post

You look only for the negative.

I doubt youíre even watching the games because almost all of your comments are focused on statistics and do not mesh with whatís actually happening on the field.

If you did watch the games youíd know that Kyleís offense isnít designed to put up 40 because Kyleís offense is designed to keep the defense off the field and chew up clock. The entire focus of the offense is to move the chains while creating opportunities for big plays in space and mitigating the risks of NEEDING to chuck the ball 40 yards downfield.

AND STILL - KYLEíS OFFENSE WAS 3RD IN THE LEAGUE IN POINTS PER GAME LAST YEAR...

WHILE ALSO BEING 5TH IN TIME OF POSSESSION.

If thatís not indicative of both a great offense, and a great defense, I donít know what else you could ask for? Please donít answer... thatís rhetorical.

Iím not even going to address the rest, your doomsday approach is predicated by either intellectual dishonesty or outright ignorance and, in either case, itís not worth my time.
    Not in 2020 it isn't. It works well in 1998 if you are the Denver Broncos. It works well in 1990 if you are the NY Giants.

In 2020, start looking at KC Chiefs, Seattle Seahawks, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bucs, Green Bay Packers, even Arizona. Pittsburgh. Those are your Superbowl contenders.

Kyle has been in last place for the ENTIRE SEASON this year. That is a FACT.

It's not doomsday. His CAREER COACHING record is 27-31. He's been in last place or 3rd place for 3 out of his 4 seasons and YOU are looking at the ONE bright spot?

Why don't you judge him by the sum of his parts... 4 seasons, not one. This season not last.

It's not doom and gloom. It's looking at the product on the field. That game didn't come down to injuries. It came down to coaching, gross incompetence by special teams, and an ineffective offense that scored a whopping 6 points in 3 quarters. 6 points.

Do me a favor, and look at Kyle's losses in 2020. This offensive mind has mustered less than 20 points in all of them. What a genius he is...

You said it yourself, Kyle isn't a guy that puts up 40... well then, you shouldn't be shocked at the result should you....

LAST PLACE KYLE. That's a FACT. The sooner you realize this, the better off you will be.
    It's time to start winning right?

Playoffs and Championship droughts...

SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

So this will be QB #5 under Kyle? Man, I can't think of many coaches that get that many.

Is this the 4th season in a row under Kyle where a 49er WR will not reach 1000 yards in a season?

I'm a little confused, is their star RB in running offense an undrafted free agent?

Did he pay Jet McKinnon the 4th highest contract for RB's who never ran for 600 yards?

Did he sign Arik Armstead to 17 million/yr for what exactly?

Dee Ford for 84 million?

Kwon Alexander for 50 million?

Malcom Smith for...

Weston Richberg for...

Jimmy Ward makes 9 million? His last INT was in 2016.

49ers webzone podcast was excellent. They hit the hammer on the nail. Every niner fan should listen to it. Expert analysis. Bonehead coaching decisions that deserve questioning. Hey Kyle, the slot CB might be blitzing...
    It's time to start winning right?

Playoffs and Championship droughts...

SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Not in 2020 it isn't. It works well in 1998 if you are the Denver Broncos. It works well in 1990 if you are the NY Giants.

In 2020, start looking at KC Chiefs, Seattle Seahawks, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bucs, Green Bay Packers, even Arizona. Pittsburgh. Those are your Superbowl contenders.

Kyle has been in last place for the ENTIRE SEASON this year. That is a FACT.

It's not doomsday. His CAREER COACHING record is 27-31. He's been in last place or 3rd place for 3 out of his 4 seasons and YOU are looking at the ONE bright spot?

Why don't you judge him by the sum of his parts... 4 seasons, not one. This season not last.

It's not doom and gloom. It's looking at the product on the field. That game didn't come down to injuries. It came down to coaching, gross incompetence by special teams, and an ineffective offense that scored a whopping 6 points in 3 quarters. 6 points.

Do me a favor, and look at Kyle's losses in 2020. This offensive mind has mustered less than 20 points in all of them. What a genius he is...

You said it yourself, Kyle isn't a guy that puts up 40... well then, you shouldn't be shocked at the result should you....

LAST PLACE KYLE. That's a FACT. The sooner you realize this, the better off you will be.

Record in first four seasons - 24-33

2-14 4th
    6-10 3rd
    13-3 1st (SB)
    3-6 3rd

You could literally replace everything you said above with Bill Walsh. Should he have been judged by the sum of his parts or just the one season?

ďHeís been last place or 3rd place in 3 of his 4 seasons. LAST PLACE BILL...Ē

I guess that was true at one point, thank god ownership wasnít listening to you

"There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.Ē

- Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    I'm taking QB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Who you thinking?

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Who you thinking?
    I want to trade up and get one of the top 3.

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

I want to trade up and get one of the top 3.

I'm a big fan of dude from NDST

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Same. I'd love to get him. The kid from BYU looks good, but he plays behind a great line and has an injury history with his throwing arm that worries me. My hope right now is the Bengals are in a spot where one of the top 3 QBs are going and trade up with them. They already got there QB and could use the draft Capitol. I don't really care what it would take to move up either. We've done the whole have a great team and try to win with an average QB. You hit on a franchise QB and that masks so much.

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Trey Lance? Hell yah!

He's got the arm, the speed, can throw on the run, extend plays !

Same. I'd love to get him. The kid from BYU looks good, but he plays behind a great line and has an injury history with his throwing arm that worries me. My hope right now is the Bengals are in a spot where one of the top 3 QBs are going and trade up with them. They already got there QB and could use the draft Capitol. I don't really care what it would take to move up either. We've done the whole have a great team and try to win with an average QB. You hit on a franchise QB and that masks so much.

I would think though that the Bengals would probably sit tight and take Penei unless the offer was overwhelming.

Of course this is another loaded tackle class and they could still land a very good one, but the eye test says he has all-time great potential.

PFF says heís the best rookie tackle prospect since theyíve been grading over the last 6 years and that says a lot.

I would take Sewell to protect Burrow if I were the Bengals. Hell, as much as I love the QBs in this draft, I might not even mind trading for Darnold AND trading up to take Sewell. Itíll never happen, but in this hypothetical, we would kick McGlinchey inside and give Sewell RT, sliding over to LT when Trent retires. Again, it will never happen, but that o-line would be sick - even if it is overkill.

I'm not down for Darnold. Unless you can get him with a 6th I ain't doing it. Bengals are really bad and need more good players. It may take a haul, but I don't care.

As far as the O-lineman thing, first we need to re-sign Trent and who know if he even wants to return or if we could even afford it and Mike played RG for a game and looked worse then even his lowest point this season.

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

I'm not down for Darnold. Unless you can get him with a 6th I ain't doing it. Bengals are really bad and need more good players. It may take a haul, but I don't care.

As far as the O-lineman thing, first we need to re-sign Trent and who know if he even wants to return or if we could even afford it and Mike played RG for a game and looked worse then even his lowest point this season.

Iím not trying to shoot you down, bud...

And Iím not gonna sit here and suggest that the Bengals arenít bad, but theyíre actually setup to be a pretty decent team in the not too distant future. Their most glaring hole is on the o-line - significantly improved play there this year and they would likely - at least - be flirting with .500.

I just donít see them passing on an opportunity to nab someone as talented as Sewell unless they get two 2021 first rounders so they can potentially draft two first round o-linemen this year...

At least, that would be the only thing that could get the conversation started for me if I were in their FO.

So, the defense looked great yesterday until they forgot how to play football and coughed up 10 points in like 3 minutes (17 total points, with 7 coughed up by the offense)

Also, itís pretty evident that Nick Mullens is also not remotely a good answer. Kid seems to have lost his ability to put the ball on target. I mean, all credit to Aaron Donald making plays and anchoring a stout defense, but BDN looked bad at times.

Still, Deebo was insane and I canít help but wonder how much better the offense wouldíve been, and how one-sided the results mightíve been, had we also had Aiyuk (not to mention GK and JG).

The pairing of Aiyuk and Deebo is going to be trouble for opposing defenses especially with all the speed out of our backfield and (when he returns next year) Kittleís ability as both a blocker and receiver.

We either need to trade JG or renegotiate his contract. He hasnít earned it. If we canít find a better alternative then Iím all for bringing him back at a significant discount, but Iíd prefer trading him and trading for a Sam Darnold if we canít get a starter in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    So, the defense looked great yesterday until they forgot how to play football and coughed up 10 points in like 3 minutes (17 total points, with 7 coughed up by the offense)

Also, itís pretty evident that Nick Mullens is also not remotely a good answer. Kid seems to have lost his ability to put the ball on target. I mean, all credit to Aaron Donald making plays and anchoring a stout defense, but BDN looked bad at times.

Still, Deebo was insane and I canít help but wonder how much better the offense wouldíve been, and how one-sided the results mightíve been, had we also had Aiyuk (not to mention GK and JG).

The pairing of Aiyuk and Deebo is going to be trouble for opposing defenses especially with all the speed out of our backfield and (when he returns next year) Kittleís ability as both a blocker and receiver.

We either need to trade JG or renegotiate his contract. He hasnít earned it. If we canít find a better alternative then Iím all for bringing him back at a significant discount, but Iíd prefer trading him and trading for a Sam Darnold if we canít get a starter in the draft.
    Darnold or Tyrod Taylor as a stop gap and draft a dude in the 2nd round

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

I think the chance of drafting Trey Lance just dwindled.

I think the past few games are why Jimmy might come back next year. All this team needs is average QB play and they stomp the Rams and probably beat the Saints. I also don't see how the players on this team would be ok with a Darnold/Taylor/2nd round QB combo if they feel like they're a playoff team without injuries.

Also can someone explain the Darnold love? I know he has a bad coach, but the dude just sucks. I don't get it. I think his ceiling is what Jimmy has given us.

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223