Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Remember when people were arguing that BDN is nowhere near as good as Garoppolo?

Yes, it’s the Giants. But he also doesn’t have any of the weapons JG has grown accustomed to. Mullens looks like the more confident player, seems capable of making more throws, and isn’t conservative with his WRs.

No Kittle, no Deebo, no Mostert, no Coleman, no Jordan Reed - no problem.

Not trolling here, just saying, there’s certainly an argument to be had here.
    The difference between the 2 is pretty night and day to me. That game would’ve been over before half with Jimmy in.

I don’t see the confidence thing at all. He was shaky most of the first half and was late/behind with quite a few throws. He started heating up when the game was long decided imo. Good outing, but this shouldn’t create a controversy whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Greedy22 View Post
    The difference between the 2 is pretty night and day to me. That game would’ve been over before half with Jimmy in.

I don’t see the confidence thing at all. He was shaky most of the first half and was late/behind with quite a few throws. He started heating up when the game was long decided imo. Good outing, but this shouldn’t create a controversy whatsoever.

Dude, the guy hadn’t started a game in 2 years and turned in a hell of a game - even with a ground game that was going nowhere most of the time.

Jimmy gets a lot of excuses on this board even when criticism is most certainly warranted. Hell, if he had started today and didn’t put the game away in the first half, everyone would be crowing over the injuries and lack of support on the offensive side of the ball.

Mullens looked shaky to start his first game in 2 years? I could provide a plethora of mistakes JG has made as a starter either because he was rattled, under duress, or simply can’t make certain throws...

I’m not suggesting there’s a QB controversy, JG definitely has a better tool kit, but there’s certainly an argument to be made that Mullens might be better at making the most of the tools he does have and that keeps him relevant in this conversation. They’re not as far apart as some would suggest, IMO
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 09-27-2020 at 10:18 PM.
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”

- Carl Sagan

Yeah, I don't see the controversy at all. He's a real good backup. I'm glad they have him, but Jimmy is a big step better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    Yeah, I don't see the controversy at all. He's a real good backup. I'm glad they have him, but Jimmy is a big step better.

Exactly how I see it.

The only QB controversy is who the backup is. 2-2 with the only wins coming against the 2 worst teams in the NFL. This team ain't making the playoffs.

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    The only QB controversy is who the backup is. 2-2 with the only wins coming against the 2 worst teams in the NFL. This team ain't making the playoffs.

Agree. This game solidified my theory that Kyle isn't a great coach. I thought at best he could be a good coach. But in a year where everyone is scoring at a crazy pace, this fuktard has mustered 20 points against a 17th ranked D in KC and lost. 20 points against AZ and lost (at home) and 20 points against Philly and lost.

That is by DEFINITION a BAD EFFIN COACH!

There is no other way around it.

He's seriously .500 or so in his 3+ years. Meanwhile McVay hasn't had a single losing season!

49ers fans have been so used to losing they don't know greatness anymore. They'll settle for good. That's unacceptable. Kyle is to blame 100% for the superbowl, game 1, and now this game.

He's useless as a coach. Too bad, the ownership group loves him b/c he's just good enough to keep around.
    It's time to start winning right?

Playoffs and Championship droughts...

SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Agree. This game solidified my theory that Kyle isn't a great coach. I thought at best he could be a good coach. But in a year where everyone is scoring at a crazy pace, this fuktard has mustered 20 points against a 17th ranked D in KC and lost. 20 points against AZ and lost (at home) and 20 points against Philly and lost.

That is by DEFINITION a BAD EFFIN COACH!

There is no other way around it.

He's seriously .500 or so in his 3+ years. Meanwhile McVay hasn't had a single losing season!

49ers fans have been so used to losing they don't know greatness anymore. They'll settle for good. That's unacceptable. Kyle is to blame 100% for the superbowl, game 1, and now this game.

He's useless as a coach. Too bad, the ownership group loves him b/c he's just good enough to keep around.
    I think hes a great coach, just terrible at time management. He seems like Andy Reid to me.

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I think hes a great coach, just terrible at time management. He seems like Andy Reid to me.
    Yeah, I agree with this. I don’t know why he gets all the hate. Yes, we’ve lost two games to lesser teams... we also are/were missing a list of names that, at first glance, would look like someone musing about a potential pro bowl roster.

As noted above; Kittle, JG, Mostert, TC, Deebo (who didn’t play much Sunday), Reed, Richburg... and that’s just the best players in the offense...

The first 3 names on the list of defenders are also some of the best at what they do in all of football; Bosa, Sherman, and Ford. Then there’s Thomas, Spoon, and Moseley.

And that list is still incomplete... We can add Richie James, Hurd, Julian Taylor, Blair and now also Ziggy to the list.

Name a coach in the NFL that could be competitive after losing his starting QB, top two RBs, top 2 TEs, top WR, C, arguably the most gifted pass rusher in the league and his newly acquired backup, another one of the league’s very best pass rushers, one of the top 3 corners in the league and both of the guys competing to be his battery mate, and the rest of the players listed that could’ve competed to step up for bigger roles...

Kyle is good and he’s still getting better
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 10-10-2020 at 09:53 AM.
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”

- Carl Sagan

I’m not entirely blaming Mullens for that loss. Yes, he made some horrible decisions that directly resulted in the loss. Both interceptions were atrocious and he nearly fumbled a second time. He also set the tone on the first drive with a bad throw to Juice which should’ve gone to or near the house.

Still, the Eagles has a good game plan and kept him under constant pressure getting way too many free shots at him. Trent Williams, surprisingly, also had a really bad game and we couldn’t seem to pick up the blitz.

It took Mullens playing his worst game for us to lose. I think he felt pressured, both by the defense and by his own hype, to do more than he needed to. Though he did do a good job of finding Kittle and made some good throws to him.

Despite missing all the players we are and just playing a bad game all-around, think about this; on that 2PC, if Beathard runs it in or Kittle catches it, then Gould is in position to tie the game at the end. And even though that didn’t happen, we nearly won on a Hail Mary that looked like it was going into Deebo’s hands, before GK (also trying to make the play and clearly not seeing Deebo) got his hand on it.

- Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post

He's not Andy Reid. He's more like Marvin Lewis.
    It's time to start winning right?

Playoffs and Championship droughts...

SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

Sorry guys... JG is simply not $25M better than either of our backups.

- Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    He's not Andy Reid. He's more like Marvin Lewis.
    Marvin Lewis is a defensive coordinator.

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Sorry guys... JG is simply not $25M better than either of our backups.
    Agreed. But you could definitely tell JG is still hurt. He shouldnt have played.

But JG just isn't worth the money. I'd be ok if he were cut or traded away. I think drafting a guy and signing Tyrod Taylor in the offseason is the route to take.

We kept the wrong guy in Armstead/Buckner. That is killing us.

Ford also needs to be let go.

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

The Offensive line was super atrocious .

Brian Allen and Witherspoon need to quit football.

I think this season should be forgotten .
    Last edited by 1hardcore; 10-12-2020 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    The Offensive line was super atrocious .

Brian Allen and Witherspoon need to quit football.

I think this season should be forgotten .
    Lol that's also fair

Idk how Witherspoons play has fallen off the face of this earth

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast