Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    Having a plethora talent is never a bad thing, but eventually, those guys will have to get paid. Too many of our own players are free agents this or next year, that I wouldn't want them to take on another one like Jalen Ramsey, who may prefer to be the highest paid corner in the league and its not like he doesn't deserve it.

Notable 2020 Free Agents:
    Kyle Juszczyk
    Arik Armstead
    Ronald Blair
    Nick Mullens
    Matt Breida

Notable 2021 Free Agents:
    Solomon Thomas
    Deforest Buckner
    George Kittle
    Ahkello Witherspoon
    Richard Sherman

To keep that 2021 class, its going to require lots of dough. Sherman will be 33 years so I'm not sure I would re-sign him.
    2020:
    -Juice has an option for 2020 that will likely be picked up.
    - I'd love to bring back Armstead, but he'll likely get paid more elsewhere. We should be fine with Solly, Taylor, Street, and possibly a rookie taking his snaps.
    - Ronald Blair will likely get more money/pt elsewhere as well.
    - Nick Mullens is an ERFA so he isn't going anywhere unless a team makes a decent offer and Shanny rolls with Beathard as the backup.
    - Matt Breida is an RFA and, with how great of a fit he is in Shanny's offense, I doubt we let him get away, McKinnon will likely be cut, freeing up some money in the backfield.

2021:
    - Solly is gone. He just isn't good. I wouldn't be surprised if he's traded to a team this offseason to free up some cap.
    - Hopefully we get Buckner's extension out of the way this offseason. I wouldn't dip into FA much at all, lock up our homegrown star and give him a big number up front to keep some flexibility.
    - Kittle will likely be the highest paid TE in the league when that time comes but we have to pay him or franchise him. He's our number one receiver and a key cog in making the offense go.
    - Hopefully Ahkello continues to ascend, if have no problem paying him good money if he plays at this level, if we can get Kittle done, he'd be a franchise tag candidate as well.
    - Sherman is an interesting one. He's obviously getting up there in age so I'm not sure how much he'd demand on the open market. He's also expressed a desire in the past to move to safety later on in his career and I'm not sure many teams will shell out a bunch of money for an older player at a brand new position. I'd imagine we get a team friendly deal done, if the team is playing well.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    2020:
    -Juice has an option for 2020 that will likely be picked up.
    - I'd love to bring back Armstead, but he'll likely get paid more elsewhere. We should be fine with Solly, Taylor, Street, and possibly a rookie taking his snaps.
    - Ronald Blair will likely get more money/pt elsewhere as well.
    - Nick Mullens is an ERFA so he isn't going anywhere unless a team makes a decent offer and Shanny rolls with Beathard as the backup.
    - Matt Breida is an RFA and, with how great of a fit he is in Shanny's offense, I doubt we let him get away, McKinnon will likely be cut, freeing up some money in the backfield.

2021:
    - Solly is gone. He just isn't good. I wouldn't be surprised if he's traded to a team this offseason to free up some cap.
    - Hopefully we get Buckner's extension out of the way this offseason. I wouldn't dip into FA much at all, lock up our homegrown star and give him a big number up front to keep some flexibility.
    - Kittle will likely be the highest paid TE in the league when that time comes but we have to pay him or franchise him. He's our number one receiver and a key cog in making the offense go.
    - Hopefully Ahkello continues to ascend, if have no problem paying him good money if he plays at this level, if we can get Kittle done, he'd be a franchise tag candidate as well.
    - Sherman is an interesting one. He's obviously getting up there in age so I'm not sure how much he'd demand on the open market. He's also expressed a desire in the past to move to safety later on in his career and I'm not sure many teams will shell out a bunch of money for an older player at a brand new position. I'd imagine we get a team friendly deal done, if the team is playing well.
    As soon as Sherman makes that move to safety, he will be one of the best in the league and it'll add 5 more years to his career.

Dee Ford will not play out his contract, and I see Staley retiring after next year.

This is why paying a QB 20 some million dollars when you dont have a good enough team yet, kills you. Mahomes, Brady, Brees are worth that money, no one else. Mullens can do about everything Jimmy can...If JG doesn't pass for 4000 yards and 30 tds then hes a waste of money. Shanny has one heck of a system offense that he can groom guys for a year or two at Qb then plug and play. Sign Mulkens to a 4 year deal after this year and then cut Jimmy loose. Then draft a QB in a couple years and groom him to take over. I'm sick of the QBs taking up a third of the cap in the NFL when you need a complete team around them to win. If our defense played better last year we were a fringe playoff team. Mullens can do everything JG can.

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    As soon as Sherman makes that move to safety, he will be one of the best in the league and it'll add 5 more years to his career.

Dee Ford will not play out his contract, and I see Staley retiring after next year.

This is why paying a QB 20 some million dollars when you dont have a good enough team yet, kills you. Mahomes, Brady, Brees are worth that money, no one else. Mullens can do about everything Jimmy can...If JG doesn't pass for 4000 yards and 30 tds then hes a waste of money. Shanny has one heck of a system offense that he can groom guys for a year or two at Qb then plug and play. Sign Mulkens to a 4 year deal after this year and then cut Jimmy loose. Then draft a QB in a couple years and groom him to take over. I'm sick of the QBs taking up a third of the cap in the NFL when you need a complete team around them to win. If our defense played better last year we were a fringe playoff team. Mullens can do everything JG can.
    $20 million is below average starting QB money now a days. The 19th highest paid QB makes more than $20 million per year. Players like Nick Foles and Jacoby Brissett are making more than $20 million per year. Really, the only way to get around that is by signing scrub journeymen (like the Brian Hoyer signing two years ago) or drafting QBs early, but even if you draft one early, you eventually have to either pay them or move on.

Here are possible 2020 cap casualties:

Jerrick McKinnon - Cap savings $4.55 million
    Marquise Goodwin - Cap savings $3.87 million
    Jaquiski Tartt - Cap savings $4.9 million

Everyone who wants to claim that other QB's can do what Jimmy has with Shanny has failed to explain this:

49ers record, since Shanahan was hired:

W/ Jimmy: 8-2
    W/O Jimmy: 4-20

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Here are possible 2020 cap casualties:

Jerrick McKinnon - Cap savings $4.55 million
    Marquise Goodwin - Cap savings $3.87 million
    Jaquiski Tartt - Cap savings $4.9 million
    McKinnon is a lock to be cut, Tartt is solid and is versatile enough for both safety spots so he should stick around, and Goodwin is giving you more production than anyone you'd spend that 3.7M on. Even if he's not putting up huge numbers, his speed keeps defenses honest and opens up other things.

$20 million is below average starting QB money now a days. The 19th highest paid QB makes more than $20 million per year. Players like Nick Foles and Jacoby Brissett are making more than $20 million per year. Really, the only way to get around that is by signing scrub journeymen (like the Brian Hoyer signing two years ago) or drafting QBs early, but even if you draft one early, you eventually have to either pay them or move on.
    Yea and it's a joke

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

McKinnon is a lock to be cut, Tartt is solid and is versatile enough for both safety spots so he should stick around, and Goodwin is giving you more production than anyone you'd spend that 3.7M on. Even if he's not putting up huge numbers, his speed keeps defenses honest and opens up other things.
    McKinnon could stick, but not on his current contract. He'd have to go to a very cheap prove-it contract at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    McKinnon could stick, but not on his current contract. He'd have to go to a very cheap prove-it contract at this point.
    Theres absolutely no need for him what so ever

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Theres absolutely no need for him what so ever
    Never know what's going to happen in a year.

I think that Tartt has the best chance to stick of those three. Like you said, McKinnon is pretty much a lock to get released unless he takes a massive pay cut. As for Goodwin, I think his chances of sticking around will depend on how the younger WRs develop. If Pettis, Deebo, and Hurd all show that they can be productive as the season goes on, it makes sense to move on from Goodwin after the season and roll with Pettis, Deebo, Taylor, Hurd, James, and a mid to late round rookie next year.

Brieda needs a new deal if we're gonna keep him, so if we cut McKinnon then we'll pass the money into Brieda

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Brieda needs a new deal if we're gonna keep him, so if we cut McKinnon then we'll pass the money into Brieda
    Breida will be a restricted free agent, so we'll get him somewhat cheap next year.

Breida will be a restricted free agent, so we'll get him somewhat cheap next year.
    Well yeah, but we gotta also think beyond that. Jimmy, Buck and Kittle will not be getting cheaper as years go on.

Maybe Jim Harbaugh was being propped up by Greg Roman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast