Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dolphins allow DB Minkah Fitzpatrick to seek trade

Come on over.

I hope they start Josh Rosen soon.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I hope they start Josh Rosen soon.
    I'm so torn on that. I think he's gotten an extremely raw deal so far in the NFL. But at the same time, I think starting him now is setting him up to fail (again) so a team can draft a #1 QB (again) over him (again) just to trade him (again). If he ends up a bust because two **** teams threw him to the wolves and never gave him a fair shot at developing, it's going to be a damn shame.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I'm so torn on that. I think he's gotten an extremely raw deal so far in the NFL. But at the same time, I think starting him now is setting him up to fail (again) so a team can draft a #1 QB (again) over him (again) just to trade him (again). If he ends up a bust because two **** teams threw him to the wolves and never gave him a fair shot at developing, it's going to be a damn shame.
    The thing that gets me with Rosen is you know exactly what youre getting with him. He's not mobile. He can sling the ball well, but you need to protect him. There's no way around that. His best case sceabrio is basically Phil rivers. He's never going to be Russell Wilson or even like an aaron Rodgers level mover. Yet both teams that have had him so far have had garbage offensive lines. If you're not going to build the infrastructure to help hin succeed, then what's the point of investing in him.

But back to minkah. I can't actually see him getting dealt. There's no reason for the dolphins to sell him at all costs, so im guessing they're looking for a pretty big time haul for him. And I can't imagine someone gives up a mid first rounder for him.

I'd give the Steelers First and Sean Davis. Steelers pick could end up being juicy if they struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    But back to minkah. I can't actually see him getting dealt. There's no reason for the dolphins to sell him at all costs, so im guessing they're looking for a pretty big time haul for him. And I can't imagine someone gives up a mid first rounder for him.
    I think Miami wants more than a first round pick from a serious playoff contender, i.e. a late first. He might get dealt in a few weeks when teams know where they're at.

According to early Vegas odds the Steelers are the favorites to trade for Minkah.

Man, eagles could use him but the coaches/management is committed to the young group of cornerbacks (that havenít done well yet).

Your baby can't do this

Fitzpatrick is so young Miami is rebuilding and I would think Fitzpatrick would have value in staying there compared to draft pick gamble especially if it is a lower one .

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    According to early Vegas odds the Steelers are the favorites to trade for Minkah.
    Trade for Minkah and add a edge guy in the off-season (to replace Bud) and I'd roll with that defense. If Moncrief continues to be butterfingers replace him with another deep threat and I think it's a SB level team.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    I'd give the Steelers First and Sean Davis. Steelers pick could end up being juicy if they struggle.
    He wants to go to a contender.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    .603AVG/.621BP/1.017SLG/1.638OPS/19RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    He wants to go to a contender.
    Meh. Anything could happen with this team. I'm not going to over-react to losing to NE. I don't think they are SB contenders this year. But add him and another piece or two and we are good to contend next year. Team has a good track record, I am sure he'll trust the team plan.

I haven't watched Miami really at all, mainly because I don't hate myself that much yet, but if one of his biggest issues was being used a ton of different ways, that's interesting to me.

Perhaps miami was just wildly misusing him, but the general consensus regarding him coming out was as sort of a defensive chess peice. I'm not sure he's ever a guy you either have shadow a top wr or just put on one side of the field and say you're good. So if only wants to play one spot, I'm not sure his value is as high as he thinks.

He's not near as good, but his best role reminds me a little of the packers version of Charles woodson. In his best GB years, woodson was rarely used on the outside and was almost always a slot type of guy who could blitz, cover in man or drop into zones anywhere on the field without being a liability (at least for a DB) in the run game.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast