Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    We will see next year. Clowney made it clear he didnt want to play for Miami. I dont see us signing any players of Jalen Ramsey talent.
    He didnt want to play for Miami THIS year. It's a waste for anyone to try this year and the biggest reason I didnt like the Rosen trade. This year is a bust. But this will be a completely different team next year. We'll likely look to add 20 quality players just with all the money and picks we have. Even if Grier is incompetent he'll be able to at least get this team back to the same level it was at last year just based on the sheer amount of resources we have.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    He didnt want to play for Miami THIS year. It's a waste for anyone to try this year and the biggest reason I didnt like the Rosen trade. This year is a bust. But this will be a completely different team next year. We'll likely look to add 20 quality players just with all the money and picks we have. Even if Grier is incompetent he'll be able to at least get this team back to the same level it was at last year just based on the sheer amount of resources we have.
    We will see but I think you guys are wrong. Based on what I have seen in 2 weeks I have never seen anything like what I have seen this season from the Dolphins not even the Browns. I think free agents will look at the Dolphins like the plague and stay away unless we grossly overpay.

If I am a top player and my agent told me the Lions offered 18 million over 2 years and the Dolphins offered 20 million over 2 years I am taking the Lions offer. Football players are competitive they dont want to play for a tanking team. There is a reason good players want out of Miami.

The season is still young and I could change my mind if we turn things around and look competitive, but so far we are on pace to give up over 800 points for the season destroying all records. I understand that pace is surely not going to continue, but even 600 points would be unbelievable. We are 20.5 point underdogs this weekend. This is a train wreck.

Also since its fairly obvious we will be having the worst record and the 1st pick in the draft I would consider trading Rosen if a team offered a 2nd round pick.

Rosen is going to killed back there and his value will only decrease as he is likely to look bad each week.

I love fritz, think he's special, can't blame him for wanting to leave, and can't blame miami for being ok with letting him go, I was hoping he would lead our next young defensive group into the future though.

Minkah Fitzpatrick trade likely to be wrapped up by tomorrow. The Dolphins expected to get 1st round value for him. Hearing WSH, DAL, KC, PIT, PHI and SEA all in the mix. Offers are being made

Jason La Canfora

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    Minkah Fitzpatrick trade likely to be wrapped up by tomorrow. The Dolphins expected to get 1st round value for him. Hearing WSH, DAL, KC, PIT, PHI and SEA all in the mix. Offers are being made

Jason La Canfora
    Oh yes, come on PIT or WSH for a 2020 1st. Please!!!

Hate how its come down to this. How does a 2nd year player get this much pull to call for a trade? So what, we draft Tua and he asks for a trade in TC?

Benjamin Albright

As I reported yesterday morning on Broncos radio pre game show with Dave Logan, @1RickLewis and @BKDenverSports ...I was hearing Seattle and Dallas were leaders for Minkah Fitzpatrick. Couple other teams flirting. Expect it done this week.

If Washington or Pittsburgh are offering their firsts you take it and run. Both of those teams could possibly be picking top 5.

I love Minkah and think he can be a top tier FS in the league or an elite Slot. He was easily the best defender yesterday and for the most part played FS. It shouldn't be this hard to use a player that talented. But he's showing some real character concerns with this situation. I started to believe it was Flores just being terrible, but there have been plenty of other players to come out this week discussing the mentality in the locker room. Jesse Davis saying he believes in the team and when the staff gets the right guys in here that we can compete. I think more guys are happy with this staff then there are people who hate them.

PFN is reporting that the Seahawks are making a strong push for Minkah. The Cowboys want him but are reluctant to give up a 1st in back to back years.

I'm also curious just how interested the Steelers are. They probably had a lot of talks this weekend but i dont see them giving up a 1st after the Ben injury.

According to Armando, the team is confident that they'll receive a first and confidant that they'll get more in terms of a late round pick or maybe a player. If Dallas does make the move I wouldn't be surprised if Taco Charlton is mixed into it.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 09-16-2019 at 09:54 PM.

And it's official, Steelers are sending a 1st round pick for Minkah.

They must be really confident that they can still perform well without Ben, because this could be a high pick.

Good trade for the Dolphins if its a top 10 pick. I was not expecting it to be the steelers.

Yea I'm hoping we get something else along with it since I feel like we had a ton of leverage, but this pick could easily be a top 10 pick. The Steelers didn't even look that good before Ben went down.

I still don't like the fact that it got to this point in the first place. I could make the argument that we got good value for Tunsil, but this hurts since it was a player directly refusing to play for Flores. I still don't expect the Steelers to finish quite that bad, but if it's top 10 then at least it's good value.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 09-16-2019 at 11:07 PM.

Miami finally doing a full proper rebuild is music to my ears. For years we waited too long to trade players and get good assets.

Not this year though, were freaking stacked with draft picks now, well.have draft leverage for years because of these trades.

According to CBS we sent Minkah, a 2020 Fourth and a 2021 seventh. We received the 2020 First, a 2020 Fifth and a 2021 sixth.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast