Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Dolphins Trade Minkah to the Steelers

Reported by Cameron Wolfe and Chris Mortensen. Been saying it all week, but Minkah clearly hasn't been happy with the new staff.

I've felt like the past few weeks more and more warts are showing for Flores and his staff, and this situation is the biggest failure yet. I think Minkah is deservedly upset about how the team is using him. This is two staffs now that dont know how to use him properly. But if this is just because the team is losing, then Minkah is showing some major character concerns.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 09-12-2019 at 11:42 PM.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

This is also a major failure by Grier. Last year Ross told him to pass on Minkah, move back and get Lamar Jackson. They also could have drafted Derwin James who has shown to be the better player.

This is a major reason to be concerned about the direction the team is going in. I've defended Grier a lot this offseason but just imagine where we would be if we made the move for Jackson.

From Wolfe

"Dolphins have given 2018 1st round pick Minkah Fitzpatrick permission to seek a trade, but they are not actively shopping him. They want a significant return to trade him. Fitzpatrick has been unhappy with his role with defense for months. Story with @mortreport coming shortly."

Remember that the Dolphins said they were not actively shopping Tunsil. According to Wolfe the team is asking for a first at bare minimum. The team has already paid most of his rookie contract, so the team trading for him is basically getting a 3 year deal worth 6 million. But obviously if Minkah is refusing to play then itll drop the price.

Massive failure by this staff. Minkah was a great Slot last year and a good boundary CB. If you moved Bobby just so you can have Minkah play slot, then why make him learn all these different positions. Flores was supposed to put players in the obvious position and hes failed that already.

And for everyone who's as paranoid as I am about Tua, you have to consider his family had a ton of influence on him. Do they tell him not to play for us because of this situation involving a former teammate?
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 09-12-2019 at 11:59 PM.

Exactly what I was asking a few days ago. How are the texts looking between Tua and FitzPatrick these days? I'm betting they will be enough to create an Elway or Eli situation.

However, owner Stephen Ross wanted to trade down and accumulate picks. According to my sources, the Dolphins had a trade in place with the*New Orleans Saints*where the Dolphins would drop to the end of the first round while the Saints would move up. The trade was not made, and the Saints ended up trading up with the*Green Bay Packers.

After trading down, Ross wanted to use that pick to then select QB*Lamar Jackson, who shredded the Dolphins on Sunday.*

According to the Herald’s report, Grier told Ross that he was picking Fitzpatrick and if the owner wanted to fire him, then he could fire him. If this report is true, then you can expect that Ross is likely not happy.

Per PFN

Personally, I don't care about not making the trade with the Saints to get Lamar Jackson.

I do have a problem with Miami not using Minkah correctly this season. Just because you, the coaching staff, want to use Minkah's versatility doesn't mean he'll be able to maximize his talents doing so. Let the guy play where he is most comfortable and where he can maximize his talents and minimize his weaknesses.

I loved the guy coming out of Bama and would sure hate to see him traded.

Some of you touched on the Tua thing too. I can see him giving us the bird and not wanting to play here.

This all makes me want to cry.

Also, did anyone put any $ on Miami going 0-16 this year? +2500ish odds right now lol

On the Tua angle . . . if the kid wants to be a real leader in life, help people fight through adversity, help lift a team and city from the ashes to football glory . . . then this is not affecting him one bit. He should be focused on his college season and not what MIA is doing with their roster. Now come draft time and we find out Tua in fact is pulling an Eli, then you don't want that character on your team anyways. I honestly believe that Tua would not pull a crap move like that. Did Baker do that with CLE? no way. Tua should be ecstatic to be the #1 pick and get to lead a franchise.

As for Minkah . . . damn, this news brings me down hard. I love his skill set in the slot. I think the kid has all the making of a pro-bowl FS. I get Flores and Co. want to have the best players on the field at all times, but put them in the right situations. Minkah is a great slot CB, could be a good outside CB and FS. I don't blame him for wanting to stick to one position.

Reports are Grier wants a 1st, which makes sense. anything less is admitting an error in drafting him. And I would tell Minkah's agent that too. I would tell him we are asking for minimum a 1st rd pick . . . if we don't get that, Minkah will be a Dolphin for the remainder of the season and we'll re-visit this in the off-season.

^^^^I agree, I dont think Tua is the type of player to run away from a team. I mean whoever is drafting at the top pick is going to be bad no matter what, so he knows he'll come into a bad situation anyways.

But the problem I have with projecting him is his family. Hes got a unique situation where hes super close to his family and they moved to Alabama all together. He's said multiple times that when he comes out he's going to talk to his family about the decision. So what happens if his parents say this team is a joke and would only hurt you? You also have to factor in that hes coming from Alabama where he was going to win no matter what. How does he handle playing for a terrible team? So does he just stay another year to avoid us?

But the moment I say that, I think about the interview where he said 3 years is a good time frame to be in college then leave. On top of that he was thinking of transferring before he came into the championship game because Saban wasnt using him, and is that even a good thing for us? It could show he wants to be a star so he'll avoid us or it could show that he just wants to play no matter what and will do so for any NFL team.

I honestly just want to skip this season and get to the offseason. Just so I can stop worrying about all of this. And yes these were all the thoughts I had in my head at 2AM lol

I was all for the tank, but the #1 thing Flores couldnt afford was losing the locker room. I was ok with getting rid of some of the vets because they would just be useless here, but now you're losing guys who are supposed to be cornerstones.

If this trade happens, which I think is only a matter of time, then I think Flores is coaching for his job this year. It doesnt matter how much money and draft picks you have if no one wants to play for you. And if Tua is scared of the team because of this dysfunction then you cut ties immediately. Because if you go through this tank job and draft Herbert or Fromm, then the team is screwed.

so apparently Flores had Minkah running most of the practices at the safety position. To me thats the coach trying to appease a talented player, while trying to keep his versatile scheme in tact.

If Flores and Co. continue to play Minkah as a slot CB/S throughout the year, does Minkah's mentality and attitude about being traded change? Do Flores and Grier actually keep him for the year, and beyond?

Reshad Jones is also listed as OUT for the game. So that could also be the reason why he was mostly practicing at the Safety position

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    so apparently Flores had Minkah running most of the practices at the safety position. To me thats the coach trying to appease a talented player, while trying to keep his versatile scheme in tact.

If Flores and Co. continue to play Minkah as a slot CB/S throughout the year, does Minkah's mentality and attitude about being traded change? Do Flores and Grier actually keep him for the year, and beyond?
    They can obviously try and fix this and they should try to. They need to use Minkah's versatility, but also understand that he's not Derwin James. Use him more as the Boundy and Slot guy where he was elite and maybe move him around to cover some TE's. No need to play him at LB.

Fitzpatrick is unhappy being he is asked to play multiple positions but that was one of the huge reasons he was drafted as high as he was...

Still highly doubt he gets moved as it will take a Tunsil like offer at a min 1st+, they are just allowing his agent to look around to make him happy.

Also he was playing mostly at S being Jones is hurt.

La Canfora and now multiple other media members are reporting that 20 teams have contacted the Dolphins about Minkah and that a trade is likely at this point. Could even happen this week.

La Canfora also reports that there is no mutiny in the locker room and that Minkah is the only person asking for a trade. The Herald is reporting that one other vet is requesting a trade but havent gotten permission to make his name public.

La Canfora is also reporting that this would likely be the last major move of the rebuild unless something unforeseen happens.

The one thing that worries me most about this trade is the reports that Dallas might move Taco Charlton soon. Dude has been just as bad as Harris has been and I'd be terrified of them accepting a lower pick just because it comes along with Taco.

I was starting to believe that they might be able to turn this thing around, considering the D captains spoke to Minkah, but it seems clear that he wants out. This cant possibly be just because he doesnt like moving around and it seems like his attitude is more of a problem than we thought coming out.

But as long as it doesnt affect #Tank4Tua then I can accept it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast