Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    My concern with this game is if our WRs can step up and keep up. Not just williams- but grant, Renfrow, etc. Really hope this can be the Doss coming out party. Weíre going to need some big plays, not sure how many of our offensive players are explosive enough to make them.
    Two keys....Jacobs get 100 yds rushing, second......no turnovers for us. If we fall behind, then it can't be more than 10 points. Wonder if we win the toss, will we defer?

We take the ball..... You methodically move the ball down field and punch it in in front of your home crowd..! You make KC want to light it up early and fail..

Its science..
    Dogdaddy

Looking at the matchups is pretty funny.

Carr vs mahomes
    Walker vs Kelce
    Tyrell vs Sammy
    Jacobs vs McCoy and Damien

At best, our guys have to produce at peak to match with them...except maybe WR where we are matched much better when tyreke is out. But even with hardman is a higher draft pick than any of our WRs.

So... bottom line is in order to win, we need our oline and defense to outplay them. Those were long shots up until recently. After watching the last game, I at least think we have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by RC RAIDER View Post
    That could be huge for Clelin! Add the fact that the Mahomes is dealing with a sprained ankle, we could get several sacks and QB hurries.
    Yup gotta eat Clelin!!! Could be a big game changer

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Looking at the matchups is pretty funny.

Carr vs mahomes
    Walker vs Kelce
    Tyrell vs Sammy
    Jacobs vs McCoy and Damien

At best, our guys have to produce at peak to match with them...except maybe WR where we are matched much better when tyreke is out. But even with hardman is a higher draft pick than any of our WRs.

So... bottom line is in order to win, we need our oline and defense to outplay them. Those were long shots up until recently. After watching the last game, I at least think we have a chance.
    Its not about where you are drafted its how you perform. Our WR core are all players that had to out work others to be here. Our highest select WR is Ryan Grant who was a 5th round pick 142. Our WRs arent loaded with early round talent guys. Just a bunch of blue collar hard workers.

Keep in mind:

Raiders WRs > Chiefs DBs
    Raiders DL > KC Dline (though Jones is very good)
    Raiders DBs > KC DBs

Probably another match up or two we are better at as well. Mahomes can cover up a lot but I do believe we have a legitimate chance to win without it just being a fluke occurrence.

The 3 biggest factors to getting a win in my opinion are:

1) Stay at least even in the turnover battle. We lost 3 fumbles in our last game with KC. If we hadn't turned the ball over there was a good chance that we would have beaten them. It would be nice to force a couple of turnovers but if we can at least not turn it over ourselves that would be a positive first step.

2) Convert 3rd downs especially 3rd and short. This was huge in our win over Denver. If we can keep the chains moving we can limit KC's possessions and at the very least win the field position battle.

3) Score TD's vs. settling for FG's. KC is explosive so we can't settle for FG's. If we find ourselves in 4th and short situations I would lean towards going for it vs. kicking a FG.

There are a lot of other factors that could help us win but these 3 stand out to me.

I canít stress enough, HAVE TO WIN the Special teams battle!

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Its not about where you are drafted its how you perform. Our WR core are all players that had to out work others to be here. Our highest select WR is Ryan Grant who was a 5th round pick 142. Our WRs arent loaded with early round talent guys. Just a bunch of blue collar hard workers.

Keep in mind:

Raiders WRs > Chiefs DBs
    Raiders DBs > KC DBs

Probably another match up or two we are better at as well. Mahomes can cover up a lot but I do believe we have a legitimate chance to win without it just being a fluke occurrence.
    I really believe we can win this game too....

Someone can correct me if Iím wrong.... but saw it the other day, weíre 20-19-1 against the Chiefs in Oakland..have to finish with a better record at home..letís goooo! Saw we havenít won back to back home games in the division since 2007...

Can this be a game we all ignite.... grabbing a win this week will pay huge dividends..

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post

Keep in mind:

Raiders WRs > Chiefs DBs
    Raiders DBs > KC DBs

I think the only way we win this one is by going in with a game plan to shorten the game. What I mean by that is long, methodical drives with a lot of intermediate passing and running to milk the clock and dominate time of possession. Since their secondary is weak you do the occasional PA long ball, or some double move plays.

If we try to get in a shootout everyone knows what happens there, we lose that battle. If our running game is as consistent as week one we can absolutely dominate time of possession, minimize their opportunities to put points on the board, and all we need is the defense to make a few big plays to win in that situation.

We'll see how it goes, I think the Abrams injury is going to be rough for us right now. I saw some people mentioning that they thought Mullen filled in well outside of the obvious one play where he allowed the TD to Sanders. I totally disagree, I re watched some of the game specifically to see how he played, and it wasn't pretty. He got burned a few times, one time he was so out of position the Bronco's had a sure fire touchdown but Flacco didn't see his WR.

Now I;m not beating up the kid he's a rookie, I just don't think he's ready to be thrust into a starting role yet and I hope he doesn't get exposed too hard. I am hoping we can find a veteran somewhere on the market to push Mullen back into a reserve role for now while he learns and develops.
    Last edited by ImTheKing30; 09-14-2019 at 04:09 AM.
    Just a Met's fan surrounded by Phillies fan's standing strong behind enemy lines

I'll say one thing about our schedule: every week is a "big" game. Let's go get this mutha. Go Raiders!
    "Why can't we tell the world that [as the Raiders' coach] you refused to play games in the segregated South, holding out to the point where they were canceled?' And he would stop me dead in my tracks and say, 'Hey, kid -- I didn't do it for publicity. I did it because it was right.' "

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheKing30 View Post
    I think the only way we win this one is by going in with a game plan to shorten the game. What I mean by that is long, methodical drives with a lot of intermediate passing and running to milk the clock and dominate time of possession. Since their secondary is weak you do the occasional PA long ball, or some double move plays.

If we try to get in a shootout everyone knows what happens there, we lose that battle. If our running game is as consistent as week one we can absolutely dominate time of possession, minimize their opportunities to put points on the board, and all we need is the defense to make a few big plays to win in that situation.

We'll see how it goes, I think the Abrams injury is going to be rough for us right now. I saw some people mentioning that they thought Mullen filled in well outside of the obvious one play where he allowed the TD to Sanders. I totally disagree, I re watched some of the game specifically to see how he played, and it wasn't pretty. He got burned a few times, one time he was so out of position the Bronco's had a sure fire touchdown but Flacco didn't see his WR.

Now I;m not beating up the kid he's a rookie, I just don't think he's ready to be thrust into a starting role yet and I hope he doesn't get exposed too hard. I am hoping we can find a veteran somewhere on the market to push Mullen back into a reserve role for now while he learns and develops.
    Mullen is a backup cornerback. He came in when Conley was hurt. Veteran Curtis Riley will start for Abram, and Erik Harris after that.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay View Post
    Mullen is a backup cornerback. He came in when Conley was hurt. Veteran Curtis Riley will start for Abram, and Erik Harris after that.
    So gross

Mullen will get better with experience. Riley I believe is better then Joseph and Abrams, In deep coverage. Joyner was brought in for this, To shut down Kelce. If Conley is all good he will shut down Watkins, With Hill out we can afford to do some double coverage on Kelce if needed.

Curtis Riley is decent. He will fill in fine for this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast