Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 41 of 41
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,024
    Isn't it fun to watch Cam crumble and burn?

    My take, we are still an bad team, Jameis looked as bad as ever in the first half, but made some really good throws in the 2nd. I really hope Winston can get his mind in check because if he can just become a game manager for now, he can gain some confidence back, and even if it will be a waste of our receiving weapons at first, our D looks legit. What a difference a coordinator can make. Hail Todd Bowles!

    Bad on Bruce for not challenging the spot on that last drive that was surely short of a first, but ultimately, our issue right now is a bad o-line and a QB who needs to remember that he has talent.

    It's fun to win!
    Last edited by aecon13; 09-13-2019 at 12:46 AM.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,024
    S. Barrett btw, is no coincidence. Dude was one of the best players on the DL on every preseason video I watched. Dudes legit. Another Nassib finding, only better

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    Isn't it fun to watch Cam crumble and burn?

    My take, we are still an bad team, Jameis looked as bad as ever in the first half, but made some really good throws in the 2nd. I really hope Winston can get his mind in check because if he can just become a game manager for now, he can gain some confidence back, and even if it will be a waste of our receiving weapons at first, our D looks legit. What a difference a coordinator can make. Hail Todd Bowles!

    Bad on Bruce for not challenging the spot on that last drive that was surely short of a first, but ultimately, our issue right now is a bad o-line and a QB who needs to remember that he has talent.

    It's fun to win!

    After being put out of rhythm (because of the storm delay), it raining and being wet, you think 8 out of 11 in the first half with no turnovers was as bad as he has ever looked? I disagree with that, he has definitely looked far worse.

    A Giants home win now becomes imperative, as the 2 road games after are against both teams from the NFC Championship Game last year.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,827
    Agreed we need to beat the giants because the schedule becomes brutal after that. I would like to see the TEs get more involved in the offense. Also I think Rojo should be getting at least 10 touches a game. Overall glad to come away with the W in a divisional opponents house. Now we have 10 days to focus on a very winnable game.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,024
    Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    After being put out of rhythm (because of the storm delay), it raining and being wet, you think 8 out of 11 in the first half with no turnovers was as bad as he has ever looked? I disagree with that, he has definitely looked far worse.

    A Giants home win now becomes imperative, as the 2 road games after are against both teams from the NFC Championship Game last year.
    Just to make sure I understand this correctly are you suggesting that he was in rythm before the delay?

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,024
    Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    Agreed we need to beat the giants because the schedule becomes brutal after that. I would like to see the TEs get more involved in the offense. Also I think Rojo should be getting at least 10 touches a game. Overall glad to come away with the W in a divisional opponents house. Now we have 10 days to focus on a very winnable game.
    They are gonna ride the hot hand at RB. Def need to get the TE's more involved

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    600
    8 out of 11 and no turnovers is considered out of rhythm?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    11,689
    Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    8 out of 11 and no turnovers is considered out of rhythm?
    I think you guys are both right. Winston was 11-14 146 yards 1 td 0 int in first half. He didnt make many mistakes and completed 78.5% of his passes.

    I think what hes referring to is that the offense wasn't in sync, but that was mainly due to penalties and negative plays. 6 drives in the first half. A TD, FG and 4 punts. 4 of the punts came after 3rd and 14, a tough situation to convert.

    Overall I thought he played good, not great but no mistakes. Perriman dropped a great throw which only he could catch, perfect ball. That would of given him almost 250 yards 2 TD 0 INT and not made it close late. This WR group after Evan's and Godwin is producing absolutely nothing. 182 of his 208 came from Chris and Mike, rest was TE and RB.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    600
    Also howard wasnt involved because the week before he dropped a horrible pass right in his hands for a pick 6, fumbled and missed a block and got called for a hold. That was a way of punishing him. I expect him to have a massive day against the Giants.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,024
    Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    Also howard wasnt involved because the week before he dropped a horrible pass right in his hands for a pick 6, fumbled and missed a block and got called for a hold. That was a way of punishing him. I expect him to have a massive day against the Giants.
    If that was the case, and i'm not disagreeing with you, why not get Brate involved instead of just pretending that we don't have a TE.

    To Bwall's point, the pass in the EZ to Perriman was maybe the best throw of the game. So next time, let's throw that pass to somebody who's actually good. I didn't like the Perriman signing. He is a below average slot receiver. So now that we only have 2 WR's, let's start utilizing our 2 TE's. I don't see any reason to follow last season strategy, which was to use one, pretend the other one does not exist, and then switch next game.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    If that was the case, and i'm not disagreeing with you, why not get Brate involved instead of just pretending that we don't have a TE.

    To Bwall's point, the pass in the EZ to Perriman was maybe the best throw of the game. So next time, let's throw that pass to somebody who's actually good. I didn't like the Perriman signing. He is a below average slot receiver. So now that we only have 2 WR's, let's start utilizing our 2 TE's. I don't see any reason to follow last season strategy, which was to use one, pretend the other one does not exist, and then switch next game.
    I also agree with you. Analysis after the game also stated how although Howard had no targets, on the Touchdown to Godwin Howard drew over the safety which opened up the throwing lane and TD toss.

    Arians also said that all the passing schemes are designed for Jameis to just find the open guy. Which, obviously makes sense but it will be a challenge because Jameis has often locked into his receiver before throwing the rock. But, this is all a part of him growing within this new offense that Arians says takes typically 8 Weeks to get accustomed too.

    Perriman being paid 5M and dropping a perfect ball like that is a joke. He won't be back next year at this rate.

    Using the TE's is a must against the Giants and if we do I believe we will absolutely eat them up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •