Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Preseason

Preseason

Who forces their way into the team in camp? What if Sandstorm out plays Hart & Elliot? Are Provy and Konency going to sign soon?

Provy probably. Konecny probably not if reports are true that Provorov deal is almost done and the Flyers are lowballing Konecny badly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

That's actually a REALLY nice deal for us...I love it. I give kudos to Fletcher on this one. I called 8 years 50-56M so I was on par with the range there. I like the term...It's perfect. He's gonna get paid on his next contract.

those terms are okay, but as i've said for the last few months, i don't think anyone who was around last year should have been given this kind of contract until the team, as a whole, played better.

i don't expect players to live and die by the team's results, but in the same way that most players understand that you don't sit in front of your locker, grinning ear to ear, half an hour after the team lost 6-0 in toronto, players should understand that you don't get to sign an 8-year extension after a season where your for **** performance got the GM fired, got the coach fired, and got the team president fired.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    those terms are okay, but as i've said for the last few months, i don't think anyone who was around last year should have been given this kind of contract until the team, as a whole, played better.

i don't expect players to live and die by the team's results, but in the same way that most players understand that you don't sit in front of your locker, grinning ear to ear, half an hour after the team lost 6-0 in toronto, players should understand that you don't get to sign an 8-year extension after a season where your for **** performance got the GM fired, got the coach fired, and got the team president fired.
    with this attitude they will just sit and wait then and we lost provorov developing his game back into great consideration/team will lose too. This is a great signing for us. If he did werenski's route, with the cap rising and potential bounce back seasons will surely have gotten him toward the 8 million mark.

Fully expect him to have a monster season. 40 points can be achieved without pp time as well (sanheim taking reigns no pp2). Monster season in terms of getting back to being that defender we all know he can be. Less pressure, more help front on the back end, more help on the front end (best center depth and forward depth we have ever had since the cup run--arguably as deep), and more stability in net. He should have a way easier time now. Can't wait for him and ghost to show the doubters wrong (not saying you are). LETS GOOOOO! PUMPED FOR THE SEASON.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post

this logic is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    this logic is terrible.
    I agree. Sometimes I can see where Steagles is coming from, but you are completely off the reservation here Steags.

While I totally agree that Provy had a down year, he was still pretty good with a terrible coach, coaching change, GM change, AMac, some of the worst goaltending ever, etc. Now, Provy was an issue with turnovers and forcing plays. That said, that is NOT his game nor how he should be coached to play. He is a technically sounds two way defenseman. He's cerebral.

I don't even get what you're saying with that 6-0 thing...If that is meant to be an analogy, wow was that terrible. He was not bad last year, he just wasn't great. He was okay. The thing is, you have to make a projection when signing a longterm contract. This was and is one heck of a deal. We will look back on this deal in 3 years and be happy, I'm sure of it. If not, call me out on it.

patrick week to week. Frost and farabee literally have the open slots available now. Up to them to take it away.

it patrick is out:

G-Couts-Tk
    jvr-hayes-farabee
    lindblom-frost-voracek
    raffl-laughton-rubstov

Point hasn't signed yet, TK and Patrick for Point. Tampa would probably want more.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Point hasn't signed yet, TK and Patrick for Point. Tampa would probably want more.
    way more. i would throw in voracek, 1st and keep tk

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    with this attitude they will just sit and wait then and we lost provorov developing his game back into great consideration/team will lose too. This is a great signing for us. If he did werenski's route, with the cap rising and potential bounce back seasons will surely have gotten him toward the 8 million mark.

Fully expect him to have a monster season. 40 points can be achieved without pp time as well (sanheim taking reigns no pp2). Monster season in terms of getting back to being that defender we all know he can be. Less pressure, more help front on the back end, more help on the front end (best center depth and forward depth we have ever had since the cup run--arguably as deep), and more stability in net. He should have a way easier time now. Can't wait for him and ghost to show the doubters wrong (not saying you are). LETS GOOOOO! PUMPED FOR THE SEASON.
    I just hope that he plays great defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    I just hope that he plays great defensively.
    i think he will. That is all he has to focus on now. We can take him off the pp and just have him play a ton of Even strength minutes and pk duty. Alain V. doesn't like to have dmen on both units as well

I think that we will see an overall better defensive team under this new coaching staff.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast