Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

IGT: October New Coach

Hopefully we don't start out the season like a typical Flyers team and go 2 -8 or something like that our first 10 games. Roster is set, maybe not in stone but for the most part it's all the same players up front, some new faces on D, and Hart a full season.

lets go! hoping provorov, ghost, tk, hart, hayes, niskanen all take a step forward this year. We need them to play good or we will be bad again

That would be nice, but I really do not have high expectations for this team this year.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

Amped up as ****... we gonna surprise people this year and ima laugh at posters here... Not a fan of hagg but whatever... WE GONNA DO THIS.. game day *****es LETS ****ING GO.

konecny looks like he's taking a big step forward.

lindblom showed some pretty amazing puck control on his goal.

the D corps looks very unsteady. provorov has made a few disastrous mistakes in the neutral zone.

hart's playing really well.

i haven't noticed pitlick, bunnaman, twarynski, raffl or laughton too much; i'd say that's a good thing.

i also haven't noticed giroux or ghost very much, either; that's not so good.

sanheim has drawn two penalties.

we're winning a ton of faceoffs again.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    konecny looks like he's taking a big step forward.

lindblom showed some pretty amazing puck control on his goal.

the D corps looks very unsteady. provorov has made a few disastrous mistakes in the neutral zone.

hart's playing really well.

i haven't noticed pitlick, bunnaman, twarynski, raffl or laughton too much; i'd say that's a good thing.

i also haven't noticed giroux or ghost very much, either; that's not so good.

sanheim has drawn two penalties.

we're winning a ton of faceoffs again.
    Agree w most of this assessment through two.

Think Twarinski and raffl look really good, for their roles. Laughton has been ok.

Giroux hasnt done much
    Ghost made a couple mistakes early and seems to have settled in.

Provy still struggling w bouncing pucks. Meanwhile looks far more comfortable w the puck on his stick.

Sanheim is special. Thank you hextall.
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

Provorov uses a massive, long, and heavy stick - almost a foot longer and 1.5x as heavy as a matching defensive player of his size. Just stating a fact. He has used a stick like this since juniors.

Man that lindblom-couts-tk line is magic. Keep them together.

i know this is kinda new/crazy but it wouldn't be that bad:

lindblom-couts-tk
    g-hayes-patrick
    jvr-frost-voracek

this is if frost is called up before farabee. If its farabee:

lindblom-couts-tk
    g-hayes-voracek
    jvr-patrick-farabee

Couturier line best line and better pp unit? Shocker. All lines did their job aside from the Hayes line. Don't like that line at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Couturier line best line and better pp unit? Shocker. All lines did their job aside from the Hayes line. Don't like that line at all.
    Hayes line appeared to dominate the possession game. I'm not sure what you were watching.

Take your hate hayes glasses off. He was really good today.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Hayes line appeared to dominate the possession game. I'm not sure what you were watching.

they need more time together. First time they all played together and they were ok. I don't want to mess with that couts line though.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    they need more time together. First time they all played together and they were ok. I don't want to mess with that couts line though.
    At a minimum hayes was solid. Jake appeared to be squeezing his stick to hard. G was just ok. But hayes carried them to respectability.

Also the 3rd line was good
    The 4th had some awesome moments.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post

Who said that I hate him? I was one of the guys defending bringing in Hayes in the off-season lol! The 1st lines job(in name only really) is to create offense. They won the possession battle, but they really didn't look dangerous Offensively at all.

Fwiw, I'd prefer to see Twarynski and Raffl flipped for the time being. Under the assumption Farabee is back soon and Patrick healthy at some point AND if we are going to insist on playing Giroux away from Couturier I'd like to see:

Lindblom-Couturier-Konecny
    Giroux-Hayes-Farabee
    JVR-Patrick-Voracek
    Raffl-Laughton-Pitlick(assuming all other kids are down)

That's as deep a lineup as the Flyers have had in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Who said that I hate him? I was one of the guys defending bringing in Hayes in the off-season lol! The 1st lines job(in name only really) is to create offense. They won the possession battle, but they really didn't look dangerous Offensively at all.

Fwiw, I'd prefer to see Twarynski and Raffl flipped for the time being. Under the assumption Farabee is back soon and Patrick healthy at some point AND if we are going to insist on playing Giroux away from Couturier I'd like to see:

Giroux-Hayes-Farabee
    JVR-Patrick-Voracek
    Raffl-Laughton-Pitlick(assuming all other kids are down)

That's as deep a lineup as the Flyers have had in a long time.
    i like that and if its frost called up:

Giroux-Hayes-Patrick
    JVR-Frost-Voracek
    Raffl-Laughton-Pitlick

this lineup also makes me wonder if we really need a guy like jvr. He is easiest to replace in this lineup, to me. Patrick showed he can play net front and he is a righty, which would be exaclty like simmonds. JVR being a lefty is probably making giroux being on his off side on the pp.
    Last edited by 3iverson3; 10-04-2019 at 05:53 PM.

Well the pp1 was bad to put it lightly today. Would have liked to have seen the Konecny-Couturier-Giroux-Ghost-Voracek lineup, but such is life. PP2 played like the PP1. Based on what I saw today, promote the 2nd unit, remove Niskanen, and add Ghost. Demote unit 1 to 2 and put Sanheim on that unit. Gotta get pucks to the net. That 1st unit wastes too much time getting cute.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast