Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    strongly disagree. not that they could make the playoffs but no chance in hell they could win it all from either conf. Kemba has never really played in a meaningful, pressure filled game in the NBA. If hes getting locked down by Nittikana thats not a good indicator.
    I think they'll be legit.

82 games to gell is a lot of time for Pop to tinker around a build a cohesive system where everyone knows their role and fit.

This is like Boston right now adding Mitchell at the 2 and Turner at the five. The Bench becomes a tonne stronger.

I think Tatum and Mitchell will only get better and they could help close games in the playoffs. One thing I agree with is inexperience might be the downfall. Other then that they have all the talent and coaching to WIN WITH NBA RULES.

Guys are camping in the paint in fiba, and you can be more physical on defense in General. It's harder and a way different defensive game vs. the nba.

I think they are legit title contenders. People are over-reacting because they under-achieved these past weeks. They have the pieces to make it work with time IMO. Not a sure fire championship team but they will be in the thick of it no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    Yeah, the roster construction for which he was responsible for was not ideal. No real backup pg and no legit big men. Now, not sure how much of that is his fault since so many players backed out but still. We really could t do better than Plumlee?

Based off what Colangelo said, it sounds like a lot of players reneged on their commitments to ply for Pop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think some may have, but the reality is, those guys would've been still playing now. Preseason begins the end of the month, so not a lot of rest/recovery time + the 2020 Olympic Games start in July.

Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    I think some may have, but the reality is, those guys would've been still playing now. Preseason begins the end of the month, so not a lot of rest/recovery time + the 2020 Olympic Games start in July.
    Yeah, I just donít think itís that important to USA players. The rest of the world basically sent their A teams to this tournament. They will send their A teams at the Olympics too. Just think itís disappointing show of support by the USA guys. I have no doubt that next summer, due to the significance and coverage of the event, a lot of the guys that said no this summer will be all for it for their brand.

Yeah, I just donít think itís that important to USA players. The rest of the world basically sent their A teams to this tournament. They will send their A teams at the Olympics too. Just think itís disappointing show of support by the USA guys. I have no doubt that next summer, due to the significance and coverage of the event, a lot of the guys that said no this summer will be all for it for their brand.

Just imagine if the USA brings their A team next summer.

LeBron
    KD
    Kawhi
    AD
    Steph
    Harden
    Klay
    Butler
    PG13
    Kyrie
    Green
    Jordan

OP is a troll, but this is a valid topic. I don't want Pop back. I believe players specifically backed out because of Pop. His my way or the highway discipline doesn't fit everyone. He clearly shows bias towards shooters and passing over slashers and finishers.

Needed more of a player's coach. A guy who will let them dominate individually. I'd rather see Kerr or Calipari take over the reigns.

Kerr was part of the staff wasnt he? Pop is the GOAT coach in the NBA he isnt even close to the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    OP is a troll, but this is a valid topic. I don't want Pop back. I believe players specifically backed out because of Pop. His my way or the highway discipline doesn't fit everyone. He clearly shows bias towards shooters and passing over slashers and finishers.

Needed more of a player's coach. A guy who will let them dominate individually. I'd rather see Kerr or Calipari take over the reigns.
    I'm sure that'll be the plan once they have guys who can actually do that on the team. The reason they opted to play the style they did was due to the roster they had. You've already heard whispers of guys already planning to play next summer.

Most definitely

This roster was good enough to win it all.. I mean Rubio and Gasol won it.. Pop needs to go..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12