Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should Gregg Popovich stay away from International Basketball?

It shocks me how many international players Pop has coached throughout his career like TP, Manu, Rasho, Oberto etc and how horrible he is in coaching (as both head and assistant) when it comes to international play.

Do you think Team USA needs a new head coach for the 2020 Summer Olympics?

Should old man crater face stick with just NBA Spurs coaching?

Thoughts?

7th place!

lol this roster was awful. did anyone really think they were going to medal? best case prob a bronze and i didnt even believe that. its the worst roster team USA has ever played since the dream team.

Does anyone think another coach could have done better with this roster?

Curry-Klay-KD-Draymond-A. Davis

Harden-George-Kawhi-LeBron-D. Jordan

Jaren Jackson Jr. and Dame Lillard

Chemistry matters so Ill start the GS Warriors with KD and AD.

Need DeAndre for Size and against match ups like Gobert and Jokic. He might not be the same defender, but better take him over Myles Turner.

Bench is just as good as the starters.

Let Pop, Kerr and Jay Wright have another shot.

Chemistry and fit are important as demonstrated by this years struggles.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Clearly the issue was LaVar should have been coach the Ball Brothers should have stared and played every second of the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    lol this roster was awful. did anyone really think they were going to medal? best case prob a bronze and i didnt even believe that. its the worst roster team USA has ever played since the dream team.
    Seems obvious lol. Disappointing finish, but this bunch of guys got em' qualified them for next summer.

Probably just blind loyalty but I really thought before phase 1 that USA could medal. The close win to Turkey gave me pause for sure but they bounced back a bit in phase 2, so hope was restored.

But once I seen how the final phase bracket was setup, I really wasn't confident at all. Kudos to Spain, but it looked like USA had the much tougher side of the bracket, to the gold game.

Should Gregg Popovich stay away from International Basketball?

Yeah, the roster construction for which he was responsible for was not ideal. No real backup pg and no legit big men. Now, not sure how much of that is his fault since so many players backed out but still. We really could t do better than Plumlee?

Based off what Colangelo said, it sounds like a lot of players reneged on their commitments to ply for Pop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PAOboston; 09-12-2019 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Or that being a good coach is based on the play of an all-star team, let alone a 2nd class one.

was this roster even a playoff team in the NBA?

It definitely is a playoff team.

FIBA rules are different, but these guys under nba rules would be a top team.

Team is kind of soft, but the nba in general is soft so they'll fit right in.

Kemba choked vs. France, but normally the guy is ice cold/clutch and could close out games.

If they can find a closer and shore up the defense the team is capable of winning it all in the nba. If you give Pop 82 games with this squad I wouldn't bet against that.

Of course lol.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

This team was still talented. They underperformed and clearly lacked chemistry. The problem is when you dont have overwhelming talent on the court, there needs to be a semblance of cohesiveness and togetherness which they lacked. Others teams had it and when it counted the most, team USA couldn't execute.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    It definitely is a playoff team.

FIBA rules are different, but these guys under nba rules would be a top team.

Team is kind of soft, but the nba in general is soft so they'll fit right in.

Kemba choked vs. France, but normally the guy is ice cold/clutch and could close out games.

If they can find a closer and shore up the defense the team is capable of winning it all in the nba. If you give Pop 82 games with this squad I wouldn't bet against that.
    strongly disagree. not that they could make the playoffs but no chance in hell they could win it all from either conf. Kemba has never really played in a meaningful, pressure filled game in the NBA. If hes getting locked down by Nittikana thats not a good indicator.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast