Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Week 2: 49ers (1-0) @ Bengals (0-1)

Should be an interesting game. They looked strong in the 1st half vs Seattle, but then had a big let down. Pass rush will have to be there as they threw A LOT.
    Last edited by RedandGold_35; 09-12-2019 at 05:26 PM.

A lot of commentators made the 49ers impressive defensive performance against the Buccaneers to be more about Jameis Winston and the Bucs not being very good instead of discussing how good the 49ers defense played. However, last night's game paints a different picture of the Bucs:

Bucs turnovers vs Panthers = 0

Bucs turnovers vs 49ers = 4 (or 6 if you count the blocked punt and 4th down stand in the red zone)

Bucs also held Christian McCaffrey to 37 yards rushing and 16 yards receiving and kept the Panthers out of the end zone. So, the 49ers offensive woes may have had more to do with an improved Buccaneers defense under Todd Bowles than the 49ers not playing well, especially in the running game.

Bengals are likely gonna be on their 3rd string LT on Sunday. Time to go eat Bosa and Ford.

The D-line should have another strong game against a poor o-line. We'd be smart to continue limiting Bosa's snaps until after the bye though, so he's still effective as the year goes on. It would be a huge step in the right direction if we can start off 2-0 with both wins coming on the road, regardless of the opponents. Big week if we want to compete for a playoff spot.

John Ross's speed should provide a good test for Tarvarius Moore as the single high deep safety today. One of the matchups I'm looking forward to.

Uh... dayum.

A great game ruined by losing Joe Staley for 8 weeks.

Staley with a broken leg and out at least 8 weeks. Maybe call the Redskins about Williams?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV775 View Post
    Staley with a broken leg and out at least 8 weeks. Maybe call the Redskins about Williams?
    6 to 8 weeks. Williams trade won't happen because the Redskins will want a 1st or 2nd and we don't have a 2nd. We're not giving up a 1st for a rental. We don't have the cap space to extend Williams unless we don't want to re-sign Buckner or Kittle.

McGlinchy can man LT

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

I haven't gotten to watch anything for the game yet, but I assume the gameplan will be to have extra protection in place, either multi TE or several backs out there on every play.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    McGlinchy can man LT
    I doubt they'll move Mcglinchy over. Teams move their best pass rusher to either side of the formation now, and MM excels at RT. Switching sides is a lot more of a transition than everyone thinks, no need to make two holes out of one. I'd probably take a look at Matt Kalil if I was the FO, he isn't great but better than what we have atm imo.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I haven't gotten to watch anything for the game yet, but I assume the gameplan will be to have extra protection in place, either multi TE or several backs out there on every play.
    Agreed. We kept Toilolo for his blocking ability, let him earn his keep.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    McGlinchy can man LT
    Shanahan said that McGlinchy will stay at RT. My guess is that they give Skule a shot at LT or they add a veteran currently not on a roster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast