Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Remember this game: What happens?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lions score first +1

1 33.33%
  • Chargers score first +1

0 0%
  • Lions D pick rivers? +3

0 0%
  • Lions D wont pick rivers +3

0 0%
  • Danny A goes >100 yards total +3

0 0%
  • Danny A goes <100 yards total +3

0 0%
  • Stafford throws >2.5 TDs +4

0 0%
  • Stafford throws <2.5 TDs +4

0 0%
  • Lions win +5

0 0%
  • Chargers win +5

1 33.33%
  • KJ >99.5 all purpose yards +2

0 0%
  • KJ <99.5 all purpose yards +2

1 33.33%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    welcome to the forum!

I'm curious how our defense changes from one type of QB to another, we had mobile mcgee back there for week 1, now we have statue steven, completely different sitch, not to mention rookie last week, 100 year veteran this week. Might see more Diggs blitzes if I was to guess.
    Thanks for the welcome. Refugee from The Den (RIP non-pay site). Good insight on QB. But while we don't have to deal with Rivers' mobility compared to Murray, we do have to deal with experience in spades. Rivers was never mobile. Yet here he is and it's above the neck that has kept him as a top flight QB for so long. Things that confused Murray, will be a "yep, seen it, going this way" mental process for Rivers that takes hold in the pre-snap read. I fear that if our pass rush is as anemic as it was against Murray, that we may be in for a very long day. But, with Murray being as dangerous as a runner, perhaps that was by design and it was about containing. With Rivers, as you say, you know where he is going to be all the time.

I'm sure Patricia will have a good plan. He just needs to quit being so darned conservative at the end of the game. The way he holds his time outs is infuriating. You can't put more time on the clock so quit bleeding it out to save TO's when you still have to score. I'm sure he's done all the studies and the data points to what he's doing, but my gut tells me he's totally wrong. He eliminates throwing in the middle of the field by design. If you burn the TO with a minute to go, you can throw over the middle a few times. You can clock it and have time to get your O lined back up. You can spread the defense, so your quick out can get out of bounds instead of being tackled in bounds. If you save the TO and only give yourself 20 seconds with 70 yards to drive, everyone knows what you have to do and they just plaster the sidelines. Anyway sorry to get off track.

I am concerned with Decker being limited all week that he won't be good to go for this game (back injury). As bad as he looked last week the backups are horrendous or at least looked horrendous during training camp and the preseason. I have to admit it is frustrating to invest all these assests into the o-line and the o-line is still mediocre at best (injuries withstanding).

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I am concerned with Decker being limited all week that he won't be good to go for this game (back injury). As bad as he looked last week the backups are horrendous or at least looked horrendous during training camp and the preseason. I have to admit it is frustrating to invest all these assests into the o-line and the o-line is still mediocre at best (injuries withstanding).
    Yep...How many more draft picks do we have to invest on the offense to make it right? Can we start labeling Decker a bust?

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions#INBOBQUINNWETRUST!
    Detroit Tigers
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles #timetofiretagget

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    Me too.

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Tigers

Lions score first +1
    Chargers score first +1
    Lions D pick rivers? +3
    Lions D wont pick rivers +3
    Danny A goes >100 yards total +3
    Danny A goes <100 yards total +3
    Stafford throws >2.5 TDs +4
    Stafford throws <2.5 TDs +4
    Lions win +5
    Chargers win +5
    KJ >99.5 all purpose yards +2
    KJ <99.5 all purpose yards +2

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Tigers

Are the Chargers one of the west coast teams that historically struggle traveling east for 1pm starts? I can't remember but maybe that's something we have going for us

GLHOCK

Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    Yep...How many more draft picks do we have to invest on the offense to make it right? Can we start labeling Decker a bust?
    He's sort of showing to be another Reilly Reiff. Didn't see investing long term in him either. Was sort of surprised they picked up his option, because that pays him over 10M next season. I don't think he plays like a 10M plus LT. When healthy, he's average, but now he's not healthy and yes our depth is scary at OT. Think they got a little too cute with the whole "versitile" thing and now have a bunch of NFL should be Guards, as our backup OT's. I was hoping for that Daniels addition to be an OL, but was not to be. Wouldn't surprise me if next year we add a few guys to this unit of the higher cost variety, trying to get it right. Ragnow and Glasgow are promising, but beyond that, not very confident in what we have. I thought Bevell might be able to hide it with heavy inside zone, with quick cut and go runners, adding a FB and big blocking TE's. Maybe we still can, but we certainly have work to do to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdRgr View Post
    I think to win, we are going to have to be able to successfully run the ball early. In pass pro, Wagner was bad and Decker was tragic, now he's hurt. We won't be able to trust either of those guys to hold a pocket very long against Ingram and Bosa. I think Patricia will have a plan on defense to take away much of what the Chargers do, but it's going to be painful. Long drawn out dink and dunks on offense for them and us not being too aggressive to jump those short routes. Just contain it from being more than that. I do think we'll start seeing better versions of guys who've been out for much of the offseason. Flowers, Snacks and Daniels in particular. Maybe we get JD back too.
    Nice insight, welcome to the forum!
    ^^ ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Game day boys!
    ^^ ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    Game day boys!
    Forward down the field!!!!!!!!

I just want a well coached game for once

Inactives today:

T Taylor Decker
    LB Jarrad Davis
    DL DaShawn Hand
    G Beau Benzschawel
    CB Amani Oruwariye
    WR Travis Fulgham
    QB David Blough
    via twitter

I did see Jarrad Davis taking part a lot in the pregame drills and looking mobile so chances are we may see him next week. No idea about Hand or how long he is expected to miss going forward. Decker is no surprise given the talk of back injury and how he looked during practice this week. Hopefully Crosby can fill in enough to not let Bosa/Ingram kill Stafford. I would expect a lot of quick pass and screens today.

Must win

Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    Must win
    Yep

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Tigers

Man with Decker out I hope Stafford gets that ball out.
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast