Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Remember this game: What happens?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lions score first +1

1 33.33%
  • Chargers score first +1

0 0%
  • Lions D pick rivers? +3

0 0%
  • Lions D wont pick rivers +3

0 0%
  • Danny A goes >100 yards total +3

0 0%
  • Danny A goes <100 yards total +3

0 0%
  • Stafford throws >2.5 TDs +4

0 0%
  • Stafford throws <2.5 TDs +4

0 0%
  • Lions win +5

0 0%
  • Chargers win +5

1 33.33%
  • KJ >99.5 all purpose yards +2

0 0%
  • KJ <99.5 all purpose yards +2

1 33.33%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    I'm so glad we didn't do the standard "run run run punt" at the end after the Slay pick. They had all 3 TOs and the announcers were acting like the game was over. Run run run punt meant Rivers would have the ball with 45 seconds or so with no TOs and 60 or 70 yards to go. Classic Lions loss.

We went run run... pass for first down!

Nice to see some deviation from SOL
    Didn't get to see all the game, but I did see that sequence. I was pleasantly surprised at the throw.

So what do we make of the lions Special teams being utterly terrible? special teams is 100% on the coach right?

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    So what do we make of the lions Special teams being utterly terrible? special teams is 100% on the coach right?
    I don't think we'll have an ongoing problem with Prater. I'd call that a fluke. Agnew on the other hand, has lost his mojo and is playing scared. I think Patricia tried to let him play his way out of it, because the guy is a former Pro Bowler at the position. But I don't know if he can, or at this point will be given another chance to do it anytime soon. He just runs right into contact and fights catching the ball. Sorry but when 900 year old Danny Amendola takes over for you and makes you look patently inferior in the same game, with the same scheme with the same coaching and players, there is a problem.

On the other hand, I don't think they are being coached poorly. It is obvious that on kickoffs the plan is to make them return it. The ball from Martin seems to come in right at the 2-4 yard line after good hangtime and the Lions are doing a good job for the very most part in making the tackle. We are routinely giving them worse starting position than a touchback and that's about all you can ask there and it's by design. Don't think much is on the coaching here, and I'm sure there is a heavy dose of sarcasm in the post, but seems to me that Agnew is sucking big time this year and Prater had an uncharacteristic bad game.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    For a game that had a lot of complaints, rightfully so mind you, I think the o-line should get showered with applause. No sacks despite being down your starting LT and facing some really good pass rushers. A much better performance than last week's piss poor showing.
    Agreed! If you told me what the stat line would be, I never would have believed it. Crosby played his arse off! Hat's off to Bevell and Davidson though to scheme it the way they did. That Stafford left that game healthy is a minor miracle. If JBC and Ron Prince are at the helm, no way this happens. Ragnows downfield block to spring Kerryon's TD was a thing of beauty. That was your CENTER folks! What a stud!

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdRgr View Post
    I don't think we'll have an ongoing problem with Prater. I'd call that a fluke. Agnew on the other hand, has lost his mojo and is playing scared. I think Patricia tried to let him play his way out of it, because the guy is a former Pro Bowler at the position. But I don't know if he can, or at this point will be given another chance to do it anytime soon. He just runs right into contact and fights catching the ball. Sorry but when 900 year old Danny Amendola takes over for you and makes you look patently inferior in the same game, with the same scheme with the same coaching and players, there is a problem.

On the other hand, I don't think they are being coached poorly. It is obvious that on kickoffs the plan is to make them return it. The ball from Martin seems to come in right at the 2-4 yard line after good hangtime and the Lions are doing a good job for the very most part in making the tackle. We are routinely giving them worse starting position than a touchback and that's about all you can ask there and it's by design. Don't think much is on the coaching here, and I'm sure there is a heavy dose of sarcasm in the post, but seems to me that Agnew is sucking big time this year and Prater had an uncharacteristic bad game.
    I mean yeah, ammendola did better, but watching the game the first return ammendola did he had clear field in front of him, it was almost unfair that he got that and Agnew didnt see anywhere near that
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdRgr View Post

Yeah, I think Agnew might be out this week. He isn't great on defense and he has been a solid net negative on special teams. It sucks because 2 years ago he was just so ****ing good.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    Yeah, I think Agnew might be out this week. He isn't great on defense and he has been a solid net negative on special teams. It sucks because 2 years ago he was just so ****ing good.
    maybe this will humble him?

he's trying to do too much. gotta get let the play come to him like before

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    I mean yeah, ammendola did better, but watching the game the first return ammendola did he had clear field in front of him, it was almost unfair that he got that and Agnew didnt see anywhere near that
    Don't worry. If a clear field appears in front of Agnew v2019, he'll sprint to the nearest guy, be it a Lion or opponent, run into him and collapse. Hopefully retaining the football. This... if he actually makes a clean catch and get's to make it to phase two.

Don't forget the Amendola return got called back anyway

it feels like any time the punt return unit does anything good it'll automatically come back

which brings us back to the ST coach lol

it's hard to figure out who to lay blame on at this point, but aint it fun to blame everyone?

and we haven't even lost yet

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Don't forget the Amendola return got called back anyway

it feels like any time the punt return unit does anything good it'll automatically come back

which brings us back to the ST coach lol

it's hard to figure out who to lay blame on at this point, but aint it fun to blame everyone?

and we haven't even lost yet
    To loosely quote Bobby Ross, "I don't coach them to do that!!"

You can't hit a guy from behind while blocking on a return. You couldn't in Pee Wee, JV, Varsity or College ball either. I don't think a coach going hey, don't hit a guy in the back and make him face plant, you'll get penalized is going to make anyone go "oh... really ok I won't do that anymore..." It's about individual discipline at this level. A coach can bench anyone who does it until we are out of players, but that's about it. This isn't about nuance. This is about something that is taught to grade school players. It also happens on many decent returns with every team in the league.

I have a weird association of Bobby Ross and Gary Moeller, this doesn't really pertain to anything, but it came to mind and I felt like posting it lol. Maybe it was an intern coach thing

We brought in our old special teams coach when Agnew had his all pro day and our special teams were good. I can't say that it's the coaches fault.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    We brought in our old special teams coach when Agnew had his all pro day and our special teams were good. I can't say that it's the coaches fault.
    At this point I think he's just trying too hard, which is fruitless considering no matter what he does it'll get called back anyway

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567