Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    And the point is, as much as I criticize, look at the predictions on the record on the other thread. I said we will go 3-0.

The real test for players and the coaches is week 4, when we play a talented team and a team of smart coaches. We have never seen a game yet where you can say, we won because of the great coaching decisions by McDermott. Week 4 at home, we will either get really excited, or the status quo will remain the same. Only fans like you will be happy to see the Bills fold with 1.49 left in the first half of a close game. Not even trying for a field goal? Only fans like you can be pleased with that coaching display we saw today with Singletary, who won the game for us last week, playing second fiddle to a senior citizen who hasn’t diene anything since 2017. Real fans know the deal.

The hilarious thing is, the only time I’m called an idiot, is when I mention to my buddy some of the things said here, and my buddy says, “ your an idiot, for arguing with those fools on social media”.
    No one cares about your predictions because they're always wrong.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    PFF had him graded very favorably.
    I don't think he played poorly, but he's been getting held up one-on-one with regularity.

IMO he simply hasn't played as expected for a 8th overall and best DT prospect in the draft.

Harrison Phillips has better numbers thru two games.

I think I'm the only one in existance that thinks that Oliver was notably overrated.

At this point we only need to go .500 the rest of the way with three games against the Jets & Fins remaining in order to post a winnings season.

Singletary can give us the same production that Gore gives us, but Singletary can burst one out for a 20+ TD run but Gore cannot donthat. Yet we watch Gore on the field over Singletary and I bet you guys approve.
    I do. Singletary is not a feature back yet.

I mostly want to make sure he understands the importance of avoiding big hits. He’s a small guy and will get destroyed battling for extra yards if he isn’t smart about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wings & Bleu View Post
    Gore's finished.

It will be interesting to see how Singletary does as the primary ball-carrier. He's had a ton of holes that are unusual for RBs to have with that kind of frequency. Emmitt Smith type holes.

His future will be defined by how well he handles that.

I'm wondering when the questions re: Oliver will start surfacing. Dude was all but invisible today.
    I’ve noticed Oliver making Kyle Williams plays. They aren’t flashy but he is penetrating and jumping the snap count. Disrupting things.

I have no concerns yet.

Again, his passing in the 2nd Half was not good. 4 of 10 for 43, 2 sacks, and a rating in the dirt.

That's what I mean about piecing together a good game. He did post two consecutive quarters of passing this game in teh 1st Half, so that's a step. Again tho, this was the Giants, considered with the Jetrs, Miami, and couple of other teams to be among the worst in the league this season.

But yes, the first half was great and at least a nominal milestone.
    As we’re critical of this FO and coaching staff, let’s compare their work to the jets. Jets have had higher picks every draft and started the rebuild at the same time without making the playoffs which hurt our draft stock.

Perspective.

We have never seen a game yet where you can say, we won because of the great coaching decisions by McDermott.
    Roght... we have never won a game based on the defensive play calling...

Ok bud.

I don't think he played poorly, but he's been getting held up one-on-one with regularity.

IMO he simply hasn't played as expected for a 8th overall and best DT prospect in the draft.

Harrison Phillips has better numbers thru two games.

I think I'm the only one in existance that thinks that Oliver was notably overrated.
    I would hope Harrison Phillips plays better than a rookie. Harrison is a good DT and a great draft pick by this FO.

At this point we only need to go .500 the rest of the way with three games against the Jets & Fins remaining in order to post a winnings season.
    Yup. 2-0 is a great way to start.

We can argue about allen’a 2nd half all day, but he really wasn’t asked to do much same as we have always seen. We relied on him to get the lead, and then rode it to the bank. If the defence gave up the lead then we would have seen them rely on him again.

When he was expected/relied on to perform he did.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    As we’re critical of this FO and coaching staff, let’s compare their work to the jets. Jets have had higher picks every draft and started the rebuild at the same time without making the playoffs which hurt our draft stock.

Perspective.
    And the Jets is our standard now why?

Because at last check they haven't done anything relevant over the past decade either.

I do. Singletary is not a feature back yet.

I mostly want to make sure he understands the importance of avoiding big hits. He’s a small guy and will get destroyed battling for extra yards if he isn’t smart about it.
    I agree with you here Chong, except that I don't think that's going to change at all.

I’ve noticed Oliver making Kyle Williams plays. They aren’t flashy but he is penetrating and jumping the snap count. Disrupting things.

I have no concerns yet.
    Well, we'll see. Right now their stats are all pretty equal except that Oliver has 89 snap count while the other two have 52 adn 47.

I would hope Harrison Phillips plays better than a rookie. Harrison is a good DT and a great draft pick by this FO.
    Harrison's playing like a 3rd-rounder can be expected to. I don't see more from Oliver at this point in time however. For someone coming out that was regarded as a premier prospect that at one time was spoken of as being the 1st overall pick, one should expect much much more than they would from a 3rd.

At the end of the day I don't expect much more than late-2nd/3rd-round performance from Oliver. I'm also not seeing this disruption. If you've got a link to some video and time stamps of all of these plays I've love to see them. I can send you twenty instances plus of him getting neutralized one-on-one.

We'll see tho.

Yup. 2-0 is a great way to start.

We can argue about allen’a 2nd half all day, but he really wasn’t asked to do much same as we have always seen. We relied on him to get the lead, and then rode it to the bank. If the defence gave up the lead then we would have seen them rely on him again.

When he was expected/relied on to perform he did.
    Unless you disagree, what was expected from Allen was not to go 16 for 27 for 152 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, with a rating of 44.0 thru 3 Qs, only catching a break in the 4th Q after the Jets two best defenders had left the field with the rest of the D playing such disaarrayed defense that it defied reason. Left at that Allen easily would have had the week's worst QB performance. Those three Qs were the Bills' worst three quarters of consecutive offeensive football in who knows how many years.

Against the Giants the expectation in the 2nd half, when Allen went 4 for 10 for 43 yards and 2 sacks, and a 53.3 rating, was to score once more to put the game away. It took him to the wire to do that.

And allow me to ask you, the Giant D sucks, right? It does. They have no premier pass-rushers whatsoever. Our OL is suppsoed to be new and improved, right? So what's your take on why Allen had 3 sacks and ran 7 times?

Yes, no argument, 2-0 is a great way to start. But so was 3-0 and then 5-2 as in 2011, but if all you can do is beat the teams that are weaker than you it's not really progress. The Jets are getting decimated this evening to the extent that it's a tough argument to say that Miami's the worse team. The Giants are easily the worst team in the NFC for the time being.

We play 9 games against teams that were ranked below us in the preseason power-ratings, by last week's rankings there were 8 games against such teams, two of which were the Jets and Giants, one of which we barely and semi-miraculously beat. If we finish 8-8 it should be considered failure, don't you think?

I mean what are your expectations from this crew's third season? Mine are playoffs. If they can't even get a wild-card spot then logically the questions as to their methodologies should be examined, particularly given that if it doesn't happen it's gotta have something to do with their draft picks of Oliver, Allen, and Singletary, all small-school candidates.

BTW, Cincy was and still is ranked below us in those rankings. So on paper we should win this home-opener.

You going BTW?
    Last edited by Wings & Bleu; 09-16-2019 at 09:57 PM.

Here's some fun stats for you guys.

Josh Allen led the Bills on a 98 yard touchdown drive yesterday, which was the longest touchdown drive since 2009.

The Bills have 6 touchdown drives of 70 or more yards this season, which ranks 3rd behind Dallas (8) and Baltimore (7).

And the Jets is our standard now why?

Because at last check they haven't done anything relevant over the past decade either.
    Ok. Compare to another franchise who has done a full tear down and rebuild in the last 3 seasons. I’ll wait.

Crazy that people are complaining. At least wait for something bad to happen. By all accounts, the Bills look like they're on the right path. The jury is still out on Allen, but he's shown enough flashes for now. Not sure what more you guys want at this moment that isn't unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Crazy that people are complaining. At least wait for something bad to happen. By all accounts, the Bills look like they're on the right path. The jury is still out on Allen, but he's shown enough flashes for now. Not sure what more you guys want at this moment that isn't unrealistic.
    Allen is so far ahead of where he was last year.

Some fans just seem to get their rocks off on criticizing the Bills. As if they want things to go wrong so they can say, "see, I knew this would happen."

The reality is, we're 2-0 and two playoff teams (PIT and IND) from last year have lost their QBs. Miami should be two automatic wins. The Jets season may already be over at 0-2 with their next four against New England (twice), Dallas, and Philadelphia. Look around the AFC. It's a hot mess. The playoffs are looking like a very real possibility, especially with a 3-0 start with a win at home next Sunday.

I don't care who is on the field. I don't care how player X is utilized. All I care about is that we keep winning.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast