Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Week 2: Buffalo Bills (1-0) at New York Giants (0-1)

Unusual circumstances have us playing at the same road venue two weeks in a row. I'm confident that we will see a cleaner performance from Josh in the 1st half this time.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Unusual circumstances have us playing at the same road venue two weeks in a row. I'm confident that we will see a cleaner performance from Josh in the 1st half this time.
    Starting the season 2-0 would be sublime.

Yeah, I guess it is unusual. Think about it, the only teams that it could happen to are NFC East or AFC East teams. It's also only possible every fourth year when the AFCE plays the NFCE.

My biggest curiosity is how Singletary plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Wings & Bleu View Post
    Yeah, I guess it is unusual. Think about it, the only teams that it could happen to are NFC East or AFC East teams. It's also only possible every fourth year when the AFCE plays the NFCE.

My biggest curiosity is how Singletary plays.
    And how many touches he gets as a pure ball carrier.

I'm more curious how Allen plays than anyone else though. Hope Beasley catches those balls and the chemistry with brown continues.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    And how many touches he gets as a pure ball carrier.

I'm more curious how Allen plays than anyone else though. Hope Beasley catches those balls and the chemistry with brown continues.
    Exactly.

Allen's obviously going to be the determining factor for the team and for the tenures of McD and Beane. He'll have to distribute the ball more, Brown can't keep that pace up all season. It's not realistic.

If there is ever a game for Allen to have his coming out party, if it isn’t today, it will never happen.

The giants have such a lack of talent on defense, stat wise, this will go down as the worse defense in the history of the NFL at the end of the year.

Allen should have 400 yards with brown and Beasley and maybe one more receiver getting 100 a piece. Last week against Dallas, they had 3 WR open every single play, they couldn’t cover anyone. If Dallas didn’t rush, Prescott would have thrown for 400+.

If Allen struggles against this D, the coaches will hit the panic button. Everyone around the franchise is saying the same thing, that this should be Allen’s coming out party.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    If there is ever a game for Allen to have his coming out party, if it isn’t today, it will never happen.

The giants have such a lack of talent on defense, stat wise, this will go down as the worse defense in the history of the NFL at the end of the year.

Allen should have 400 yards with brown and Beasley and maybe one more receiver getting 100 a piece. Last week against Dallas, they had 3 WR open every single play, they couldn’t cover anyone. If Dallas didn’t rush, Prescott would have thrown for 400+.

If Allen struggles against this D, the coaches will hit the panic button. Everyone around the franchise is saying the same thing, that this should be Allen’s coming out party.
    There are several things in play here. Remember, the expectation is for Allen to become a franchise QB, not merely Bledsoe 2.0 which IMO is his ceiling, hoping to be proven wrong. Bledsoe had a litany of GWDs and 4th Q comebacks too, but as with Allen, on further analysis they were almost always in games where he played poorly for two or likely even three Qs, or even into the 4th, but then managed to eke out a score for a 10-9 or 13-10 win, really more a testimony to the D than to the QB.

First things first, but if Allen wants to even sniff that 7th overall pick potential and expectations for him, he'll have to start by having two turnover-free games and put at least two if not three consecutive solid Qs of decent passing together, something he's not done yet.

Today, as you imply, would be a great start for that. If he can't do it against the Giant D, and not that the Jet D was all that, particularly their secondary which may well be worse than the Giants' secondary, then what are the odds that he'll start doing it once the defensive opposition improves.

Brown obviously cannot sustain last week's pace, I suspect he'll have two or three total games like that but then disappear for stretches too, law-of-averages kinda stuff. As to Singletary, I'm far from convinced that he'll ever be an above-average 20+ carry RB in the NFL, and he had small-car sized holes to run through last week never breaking a single tackle, so it'll be interesting today against a front-7 that is hardly stout.

With all of the injuries to the Giant WRs tho they're left one-dimensional for the most part. Should be an interesting game. They've got Engram who seems to be coming into his own and Barkley. If they get any production at all from whomever their WRs are today, we may be in trouble as we didn't play well defensively last season against any of the few well-rounded offenses that we faced.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post

No. They won't.

Singletary with another really nice run. The kid looks good.

No. They won't.
    All good. He isn’t. Head having a great start to the game.

Regardless of what happens this season, I'm just thrilled that we finally have a fun to team to watch again. Top 5 defense, young athletic QB, and a line that is creating holes for our rookie RB. I actually look forward to Sundays without the dread of knowing that after 15 minutes of football I'd be asking myself, "Why do I continue to get excited when I know I'll be let down?"

I guess you know more than ex players. Because everything I heard Thursday night, is they are expecting no turnovers and 300 plus yards against this D because this D for the Giants is that bad in the minds of everyone close to the sport. And if he doesn’t against this D, they all will be worried. But what do they know.

What a beautiful play call! Love it!

I can’t wait to see how this team looks when Singletary gets all the snaps. Gore hasnt looked bad, but Singletary makes things happen and Gore is incapable of doing what Singletary does, at this stage of his career.

Daboll has made such a difference with his offense.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast