Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Last season I wasnít mentally prepared to chalk up games against anyone as a win until the game was over.

The fact that we are expecting wins against the jets giants and phins says something.

Quote Originally Posted by Wings & Bleu View Post
    OK, but my point is nothing also changes when all you do is hire OJT coaches and GMs that have zero experience, and largely in the role because they first hired a coach from his former team. As one example.

Another is bringing back a well past-prime former coach to be a GM that has never been in that role and is ancient by NFL age standards, simply for nostalgical reasons.

Good decision making begins at the ownerhsip level, does it not? Yes or no?

All I'm saying is that if we don't make significant strides this season essentially we're one of those teams that is perpetually mediocre but never capable of winning anything. Good, but never good enough. Again, my bar is higher.

We've seen plenty to know what Beane's and McD's methodologies are. Sign players with injury histories hoping to find a bargain and hoping that the injury risks don't play out, and a heavy reliance upon small-school draft prospects.

That's really all we need to know about that approach at this point, but if few of those decisions work out then it makes a statement about that approach. I mean who can argue that.
    Quick answer ó because the Pete Carrolls and Mike Tomlins arenít coming to Buffalo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Quick answer ó because the Pete Carrolls and Mike Tomlins arenít coming to Buffalo.
    We don't know who's available to come to Buffalo. Pay 'em enough and they'll come.

Oakland was hardly a dream job and Gruden took it.

We've never offered big money for coaching and it's shown. And no, the narrative that we can't afford them is nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Last season I wasnít mentally prepared to chalk up games against anyone as a win until the game was over.

The fact that we are expecting wins against the jets giants and phins says something.
    Sounds like I was more optimistic than you last season. LOL ... and for a bit of irony.

Even I expected us to beat a bunch of crappy teams.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456